Software Changes Log (archived)
v4.134 12th December 2015
- If a period of absence is entered into the employee details, and the period is on a bank holiday, or a day
when the employee does not usually work, the system will warn the user to check the dates (though won't prevent
- The install/update program is now more robust. If it was running over the top of another program, clicking on
some of the options could cause the install program to lose focus, and swap places with the program that was
running behind it. This has now been fixed. Also, if an install failed, a 2nd attempt at installing could also
fail, as it tried to create folders, some of which might already exist. It now checks to see if a folder exists,
just in case there was a previous failed attempt at installation (a failed install is often due to anti-virus
- Sometimes in customer details, in the 'General' tab, a document could not be deleted, viewed, or edited. The
necessary buttons would remain greyed out. Fixed.
- Employee Details: in the 'Holiday/Absence' tab, if an absence was being created, or an existing absence selected,
and then a new employee was selected. The 'Holiday/Absence' details did not get updated to reflect the newly
selected employee. Fixed.
- When viewing a delivery note to customer on screen, last three digits of the invoice number were not displayed.
- If a Purchase Order was created, and saved as 'Not on order', and then was edited and one or more lines
were deleted, some lines could end up being replicated in the P/O. Fixed.
v4.133 27th November 2015
- In the Sales Tax/VAT Period End report, adjustments, early settlements, and write offs are now itemised as such
in the report.
- In the Sales Tax/VAT Period End report, in sales transactions the reference column had changed to 'Journal'
instead of 'Ref.'. Fixed.
v4.132 23rd November 2015
- When using the 'Receive Stock from Supplier' option, you can now print details of the stock received.
- Some users were getting a message when installing/updating and starting up the accounts system:
Can not open registry key Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Main\FeatureControl|Feature_Browser_Emulation
- When running in Basic mode, if looking at customer details, and you view transaction history, and then current
transactions and there were no current transactions, if you double clicked on the first line, even though it's
empty the details of the first transaction in the history would appear. Fixed.
- If the 'Change Form and Font' sizes option was used to increase the size of the fonts and forms, sales invoices
would not appear correctly. The left hand characters of the item description would be hidden behind the find
button, as would the customers name. Fixed.
v4.131 9th November 2015
- Reminders can now be created. Either general reminders, or customer/supplier/employee account specific.
- The graphs have all been improved. Most have a choice of bar or line graph, and the scale can be fine tuned using
the mouse wheel.
- When displaying a web page within the accounts system, it uses IE, but was limited to emulating IE7. This meant
an increasing number of web sites did not display properly, as IE7 does not support HTML5 and CSS3. This has now
been fixed, in that it will emulate whatever version of IE you have installed, up to IE11. But it does have to
write a value in the Windows Registry to do it.
- Sales Tax/VAT period end reports. In countries where there is only one type of Sales Tax/VAT, Write offs,
adjustments and early settlements all appear in a separate column called 'Other'. In the UK VAT 100 report they
are then added to box 1 or box 4 depending on whether they are due or being claimed, regardless of whether they
originated from the Sales or Purchase Ledger. This is in accordance with HMRC requirements. In other countries,
write offs, adjustments and early settlements are not separated out, but are added to the invoice/credit note
figures of each relevant ledger.
- In the 'Financial Summary' background, the total for 'Cash/Bank Accounts' was not correct. This issue was also
carried over to the graph showing a two year history of the total balances. Fixed.
- When a Proforma to a customers is converted into a Sales Invoice, it should say 'Yes' under the 'Invoiced'
column in the list of Proforma's, but this was not happening. Also, the message 'Profroma invoice/s exist'
should not appear, but it did appear. Fixed.
- When a company/organization is not registered for Sales Tax/VAT and so does not need to apply this tax, there
is a setting in the company/organization details for this. However, when entering Purchase Invoices, and taking
the items off Purchase Orders, tax was still being added to the invoice total. Fixed.
- In supplier details, if a default Sales Tax/VAT code was manually entered (ie. not using the 'Find' button),
when the details were displayed later it could not always find the tax description. Fixed.
- When setting up a till printer, the 'OK' button would sometimes remain greyed out even though the content of
all input fields were valid. User needed to tab through each input field to enable the 'OK' button. Fixed.
- A/c Receivable/Sales Ledger, Miscellaneous Reports, Profit Analysis, did not always produce the correct start
and end dates when weekly, monthly, or quarterly periods were selected. The report could also end early if
there were no further transactions, rather than print periods with a zero value. Fixed.
v4.129 5th September 2015
- Stock items can now be 'cloned', there is a new button in the stock item details to do this (advanced mode only).
- Purchase Invoices (in advanced mode) can now handle up to 1,000 lines (previously 100).
- When entering a payment for a cash customer after raising a sales invoice, the system will now warn the user if
the payment entered is too high. Previously it just went straight to a refund screen. Which was irritating if the
over payment had been entered in error.
- The credit check option only worked in the United Kingdom, it will now work in most countries. The check is only
based on the company name though. Checks using the company number are still limited to the UK.
- Archiving customer or supplier account records is now done from a field in the account details screen that just
needs clicking. Rather than changing the status of the account, which mean't the status was then lost when it
- There are now options in the set up menus for archiving customer and supplier accounts 'wholesale'. The option
is called 'Accounts Archive/Un-archive'. It allows you to archive accounts with no activity after a given period.
The option can also be used to un-archive all accounts, and list archived accounts.
- When listing Purchase Orders in the supplier details screen (wide version), the 'Authorized'
column would show a number instead of the initials or code of the person who authorized the
Purchase Order. Fixed.
- When creating a Purchase Order, only the first 100 items would be totalled. A P/O can handle up to 1,000 items.
- Payroll, Additions/Deductions setup, if the form was dragged, not all fields moved to accommodate the new form size.
- Supplier details, if a supplier account was linked to a customer account, clicking on the customer name
displayed did not bring up the customers details. Fixed.
- General Stock Report, the quantity sold and value of those sales did not total up. Fixed.
- General Stock Report, when stock items were filtered by a numeric value such as quantity in stock, or sales year
to date, etc. The report would not output the stock items as per the filter. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders would still add Sales Tax/VAT to the total even if the accounts system was set to not handle Sales
- In AutoManager, you could not create new job/service types if the company/organization was set to being not
registered for Sales Tax/VAT. Fixed.
v4.127 27th July 2015
- New option provided in the 'Help' menu for users to apply to become a member of the User Forum. The
option used to be in the web site itself, but had to be removed due to the amount of spam (people
joining the forum and filling it with links to their web sites).
- New option in the 'General' menu for adding/maintaining general images. ie. images that are not for
any specific account or transaction.
- New option in the 'General' menu for adding/created general documents. These are documents that are
not associated with any particular account ro transaction. Such as credit application forms, terms
and conditions, etc. It's just a handy place to store documents that may get used on a regular basis.
- Sales Invoices can now have images scanned in or located and attached to the transaction, the same
as Purchase Invoices. This option is not available when running the software in 'Basic' mode.
- Payments and Receipts and Journal Entries in the General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) can now have images
scanned in or located and attached to the transaction.
- When creating a new Purchase Order, if Preview is selected with the output set to 'View (Text)', a
preview of the Purchase Order would be displayed, but from that display if the user then clicked on
the print button the application could crash. Fixed.
- When a company/organization is not registered for VAT/Sales Tax, supplier invoices still allowed
a VAT/Sales Tax code to be entered, although it wasn't processed. Fixed.
- Early Settlement transactions in A/c. Payable (Purchase Ledger) required a reference to be entered
even though it indicated this was not necessary. Fixed.
- Sales Invoices, when invoicing from stock, if there were no items in stock it would not produce a
cost for the stock item, even if there was a 'LIST' cost it could have used. It may initially display
a cost, but that cost would be zeroised when the invoice was posted. Fixed.
- In AutoManager - Parts Counter, you could not always click on a cost item in the invoice to re-display
the cost details. Fixed.
- The database integrity check indicated there were errors with transaction allocations, when in fact
there were none. Fixed.
v4.126 17th July 2015
- Supplier Invoices, Credit Notes and Debit Notes, have had the 'Description of item/service' section
of each line increased from a maximum of 50 characters length to 90 characters. Note, if you need
to print any of these documents, the 'Description of item/service' may get truncated. Output to
HTML will not be truncated.
- Images can now be added to jobs in AutoManager.
- Document Layout Editor can be too deep for some monitors, making it impossible for users to edit
layouts with large headers or footers. For technical reasons, a scroll bar can not be added. But
instead there are now two controls, one that can move the whole form around the screen (ie. similar
to clicking and dragging the top of the form, but this control is central), and the other for moving
the layout editor section up or down within the form. While not perfect, it should allow any
layout to be edited on just about any size monitor.
- A 'Payment to Terms Analysis' report has been added for both customers and suppliers, so you can
more easily monitor if customers are taking too long to pay, and of course whether you're paying
your suppliers on time.
- The maximum number of characters available for the input of email and web addresses varies between
40, 50, and 60 characters. All these input fields have now been standardized to 60 characters.
- New option listing supercessions added to stock control menu. You can remove and/or redirect
supercessions from this list.
- In the 'Letters/Faxes' section of customer accounts, supplier accounts, and employee details,
you can now add any type of document file.
- When creating a Credit Note or Debit Note for a supplier, the 'Purchase Orders' tab would be
enabled, when it is not actually required for those transactions. Fixed.
- When editing a supplier invoice, if the Sales Tax/VAT code was changed, but the user did not move
out of the Sales Tax/VAT input field but clicked on the 'OK' button straight away, the tax records
did not get updated. Fixed.
- When setting up a till, the till float cash account defaulted to sales a/c 4000. Fixed.
- Copying a document layout to/from another company/organization often did not work. Fixed.
- If a stock item has one or more supercessions pointing to it, and is merged with another item,
the supercessions are not updated. So if the item with the supercessions is the one that loses
it's identity, any items superseding to it now go no where. Fixed.
- When a default cash payment code was set up in A/c Receivable (Sales Ledger), it was not automatically
selected when entering the payment for a sales invoice on a cash account. Fixed.
- The General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) would allow transactions that had been processed for a
Sales Tax/VAT period end to be edited or deleted. Fixed.
- When listing special customer prices for stock items, the 'Print List' option did not work. Fixed.
v4.124 11th May 2015
- It is now possible to activate Skype directly from within the accounts system for messaging,
voice calls, or video calls. This is in the 'Additional Contact Information' in customer and
supplier account details and contact details.
- Both the aged creditor and aged debtor reports are now formatted better when output to a
spreadsheet from the reports option. This does not apply to printing directly from the on-screen
aged creditor/debtor forms.
- General Ledger/Nominal Ledger accounts can now be archived. As nothing is deleted, they can be
un-archived at any time.
- It is now possible to exclude some sales tax/VAT codes from the tax/VAT period end report. This
is setup in the tax table setup option. The tax rate/s must be zero.
- When printing a cash/bank statement for an account that is not in the ledger currency, the
statement would always print in the ledger currency, regardless of the currency selected for
displaying the statement. Fixed.
- The email forms would not accept more than one email address in the 'To', 'CC' and 'BCC' input
- Payroll, UK only, employee details would not accept NI letter 'M'. Fixed.
- Employee details, if an ex-employee was viewed, followed by a current employee, the message 'Not
a current employee' would remain on screen. Fixed.
v4.122 12th March 2015
- General Stock Report, new fields added: commission amount, retail price per, cost price per,
CN code, sales tax/VAT code, and quantity on order.
- It is no longer possible to delete sales or purchase transactions that have been processed for a
sales tax/VAT period end. Previously, the system would simply warn users, but allow them to do it
anyway. Now the delete button remains greyed out. However, it is still possible to delete a
transaction in the 'Setup' menu using one of the 'Change Transaction Details' options. As it is
appreciated that occasionally a user may need to delete a transaction regardless.
- The 'Tel.' and 'Fax.' input fields in both the customer and supplier details are now user
definable. Fax machines are rarely used these days, so users may find it particularly useful
to change the description of those input fields.
- When editing a document layout, if the layout was already open by another process (perhaps a
print pre-view), or another user, when the layout was saved, the data items in it could double
up. Now, if the layout is already open, the layout editor will not open it.
- In an 'Invoice Receipt' had one or more images associated with it, and the transaction was
edited, the images would be lost. Fixed.
- General Stock Report, the retail price each was not always the price each, as it didn't take the
'price per' into account. The same applied to the cost each, unless there were items in stock,
then it was calculated correctly based on actual cost. Fixed.
- When an adjustment was entered for a stock item reducing the quantity in stock, the SKU and
description would not appear in the 'Stock Movements' option in the 'Lists' section of the menu.
- AutoManager, Service Counter, when a stock item that is in stock was selected and booked to the
job, the sales figures and stock movement for that item did not update correctly. Fixed.
v4.121 16th February 2015
- When editing journals, if you change the description or department code, it will now ask you if
you want each line of journal changed as well. It will also do this when entering a new journal
if you click back up into the description or department field and change the contents.
- Payroll - United Kingdom only - now modified for the tax year 2015-16.
- The Purchase Order list now has an extra option to list all orders except those that have been
- When any new account is being created, if the details are insufficient, or some codes are
incorrect, if the user clicks the 'OK' button, the software will now ask if they want to quit
the account without saving. Users have previously clicked on the 'OK button, even though 'Save' is
greyed out, and assumed the account details have been saved. So this should avoid some confusion.
- Supplier details when reported in full, now print out the suppliers bank details.
- The Stock Take report now has an option to include the extra description fields in the report.
- When supplier details selected from the toolbar, the 'New' button in the supplier details form
was greyed out. Fixed.
- The Data Integrity Check did not take into account stock that was booked out to a job, or returned
from a job when checking stock item sales figures. Fixed.
- When creating a P/O, in the 'Details' section the text on the buttons for finding customer and
supplier addresses was missing, and replaced by an image. Making it impossible to know what the
buttons are for. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, when copying an order, if the original was left on screen and the copy saved,
any changes made to the original at that time would then get saved to the copy. Fixed.
- When parts were ordered for a job via a P/O created from the service counter in AutoManager, the
sales figures for the part were not updated correctly when the part was received and automatically
booked out to the job. Fixed.
- When creating a Purchase Order, if it was saved as 'Not ordered' and then loaded up again, if it
was edited and then previewed, the edited data would not be saved. Fixed.
- Asset Register, when printing the list, the last few digits of the 'Book Value' would not be printed,
or the 'Book Value' would not be printed at all if it was a very low amount. Fixed.
v4.120 2nd February 2015
- The reports that analyse sales or purchases by country/area have been improved. It is now
possible to analyse sales or purchases by country and then by sales or purchase code. So you
can see what kind of items/service you are selling or buying into each area/country.
- Payment types for both customer and supplier transactions can now have a default payment type code.
- New report added to Purchase Order Processing that lists stock items on order (actually selectable
by order date and status of the Purchase Order, so it doesn't have to show only items currently on
- Although manually uninstalling Adminsoft Accounts is very easy (just delete the folder and any shortcuts), there is now an uninstall option. Click on 'Setup' on the top menu bar, go down to 'System', and the option 'Uninstall Adminsoft Accounts' is the last one in the menu.
- When editing the A/c Payable (Purchase Ledger) defaults and variables, when the settings are
saved the next remittance advice number would get overwritten by the next transaction number.
- When allocating a payment to a supplier or from a customer, if any other transactions (such as
other payments or credit notes) were picked up during the allocation process, allocated and then
dropped (ie. removed from the allocation process), it was possible to over allocate. In other
words, to allocate a greater amount than was actually available. Fixed.
v4.118 6th January 2015
- Sales invoices, when an invoice is created using items from stock, the costs of those items
is shown in the invoice (when running in Level 2). However, in a fast moving environment, the
costs can change between entering the item in the invoice and actually posting the invoice.
Particularly if the invoice was saved, and then perhaps posted a few hours or a few days later.
Now the system will re-cost stock items at the time the invoice is posted. So costs should be
correct, but it does mean the profit you thought you were making on a sale when you raised the
invoice may change.
- The help text available when a user click the 'Help' button uses Internet Explorer to display
the actual text, which is in HTML. The browser is incorporated into Adminsoft Accounts. However,
some PC's are unable to do this, possibly due to Windows or anti-virus security settings. So
there is now an option in the user record ('Maintain Users', select user, click the 'General' tab)
to use Adminsoft Accounts own software to render the HTML (this is a lot slower than IE, but at
least it will always work).
- Option added to edit the software registration details, should your address or email address
change. The option can be found in the 'License Details' in the 'Help' menu.
- General Stock report when output to Excel or Calc, the numeric fields in the spreadsheet would
actually be entered as character fields. Preventing any calculations on them. Fixed.
- When editing a sales invoice when using COGS, the COGS postings could use the original item
costs instead of the correct item costs. Fixed.
- When Sales Tax/VAT facility has been disabled (in Company/Organization Details), the 'Money
Received (Multiple)' and 'Money Paid Out (Multiple)' options did not work. Fixed.
- Some General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) reports referred to the 'Journal' reference number as the
- Stock/Inventory Control, when making a kit, only the first stock item in the list of items that
make up a kit would have it's quantity reduced or a stock movement created. Fixed.
- Stock/Inventory Control, returning stock to a supplier updated quantity in stock correctly, but
did not update the movement file (age of stock) correctly.
- AutoManager - Service Counter, when a stock item had to be purchased for a specific job, when it
came in, it's booked into stock and out to the job automatically. But the stock movement record
showing the item coming into stock, still showed the item as in stock, even though the actual
quantity in stock figure showed the correct stock level. Also, the stock item sales figures were
not updated. Fixed.
v4.117 21st November 2014
- General Ledger transactions that have been processed for the Sales Tax/VAT period end could still
be edited, from some screens. Fixed. (note: where sales or purchase transactions have been
processed for a tax period end, the journals generated by those transactions can still be edited
or deleted, as it's the original transactions that appeared in the tax report and not the journals)
- Sales Analysis by Area/Country report can now produce a summary, just listing each area/country
and the total sales.
- When updating existing software, there is now an option to make a full copy of the existing
installation, prior to the actual update. Beware though, there is no guarantee this will work,
because if there is a problem during the update, that same problem (usually anti-virus software)
could also prevent it from creating the backup. If the installation program realizes there's a
problem, it will give you the opportunity to abort prior to the actual update.
- When processing the Sales Tax/VAT period end, if the 'Display Summary' was run before the full
report, the full report would not show a 'From' date. Although it did use the correct dates. Fixed.
- When building stock kits, the movement record for the items used to construct the kits did not
contain the stock code or description. Fixed.
- The 'Invoice Receipt' option in supplier details would display the text 'VAT Amount' or
'GST Amount' or something similar, instead of 'Total'. Fixed.
- When entering a supplier invoice, if an accrual/prepayment is also entered, and then the amount
each is edited, the accrual/prepayment amount was not updated to reflect the edit. Now it
automatically goes back into the accrual/prepayment option.
- Printing a supplier credit note, it document would say 'Invoice' at the top and 'Debit note'
further down for the reference number. Fixed.
- Sales invoice, if a delivery address other than the account address was used, after saving and
posting, when the invoice was re-loaded, the account address would be displayed instead of the
selected delivery address. Although the correct delivery address would be in the actual record.
This would get over written if the invoice was edited. Fixed.
- Sales Invoices (when running in Level 2 only), if an invoice was created for a cash customer, and
then posted, but no cash payment entered at that time, and the invoice remained on screen, if the
user got out of the invoice by clicking on 'OK', the costs would lose their sales analysis code.
This meant if the invoice was subsequently edited, and any of the sales analysis codes used COGS,
the COGS would not be re posted. Fixed.
- Purchase invoices, if a factor was used, once the invoice was saved and posted, when the invoice
was re-loaded, the factor would no longer be selected. Although the factor would still be correctly
in the invoice data record. This would get over written if the invoice was edited. Fixed.
v4.116 17th October 2014
- Form and screen images as now saved as JPG instead of BMP. JPG files are smaller.
- There are now options to print form and screen images. If an image is more than 800 pixels wide
it'll print in landscape. But if it's more than about 1,000 pixels wide (only a few forms are
over 1,000 pixels wide) the right hand side will bleed off the paper.
- When in the print/PDF document layout screen, the default layout setting is now shown in the list
of available layouts.
- Purchase Orders, when creating an order, it did not always pickup up the cost price of an item. Fixed.
- When saving a form image (Help->Save Form Image), it would save an image of the accounts
system instead. Fixed.
- The 'Analysis: Sales by Area/Country' report in the 'Miscellaneous Reprts' option did not always
print out the country of the accounts listed. Fixed. It also now sub-totals for each country.
- When running a Sales Tax/VAT period end, although adjustments transactions would appear in the
report, they did not get processed, and so if they involved a tax element they would keep appearing
in subsequent reports. Early Settlement transactions did not appear in the report or get processed.
- The option that allowed users to report bugs or possible bugs from within the software had
vanished. Fixed. (Oh, the irony.....)
v4.115 7th October 2014
- When most sales or purchase transactions are displayed, a single left click on the customer or
supplier name will bring up the account details.
- Purchase Order Processing, costing method used when there is no supplier part record now uses
setting in 'Purchase Defaults and Variables' option, rather than the stock setting.
- There is now a report showing the depreciation figures and book value for assets.
- Document Layouts for print/PDF, the horizontal and vertical cursor position within the layout area
is now displayed in the top left hand corner.
- Receipts produced by AutoManager are are formatted better.
- Bank/Cash statements can now display transactions in either ascending or descending order.
- When entering sales invoices, credit notes, advice notes, etc. an action can be selected telling
the software what to do in the event the user does not enter a description to help identify the
transaction. This can be the first line of text in the invoice, the first sales analysis
code, or the description of the first sales analysis code.
- Receipts produced by AutoManager would print "** NOT PAID ***" when in fact the sale had been paid.
The sales tax/VAT did not print correctly. Also, if displayed instead of being sent to a printer,
they often would not then print. Fixed.
- Cash/Bank statements, if set to reconcile any related accounts, the statement would display the
wrong transactions when moved forwards or backwards a period. Fixed.
- Backing up via email, FTP, or to a ZIP file, if both data and docs were selected for backup,
and the company/organization data was not held in the default location, it would fail. Fixed.
- When editing Purchase Orders, or adding items to an existing order, it would put the Sales
Analysis code into the Purchase Analysis code input field. Fixed.
- When editing Purchase Orders, if user tabbed through the stock code field, it would update the
cost input field - which in most cases should not be updated automatically. Fixed.
- When entering an invoice for a supplier, if no account was selected, the focus still went to the
first 'Quantity' input field instead of the suppliers account code input field. Fixed.
- Trading Report, the accounts listed under Expenses and Overheads didn't always match those listed
in the Profit and Loss report. They should, provided the Purchase Analysis codes are well
maintained. Fixed. (the actual figures will seldom balance of course, because of the nature of
the Trading Report)
- Payroll, United Kingdom only, if an FPS is late, when the 'Check Data' button is clicked it would
display a warning that a reason for late submission should be selected, even though a reason
is already selected (by default). Fixed.
- Transaction allocation report for supplier accounts, the transaction value had the last digit
- Stock adjustments, when decreasing stock, it would not take the cost from the oldest item (if
using FIFO), or newest item (if LIFO). Fixed.
- When producing workshop invoices from the AutoManager module, if the discount percentage for an
item appeared in the invoice on each line, it would print ***.**. Fixed.
- Cash/bank accounts, any future postings that have been deleted would get included in the list
showing 'todays' balance. Fixed.
- Cash/bank accounts, the figures in the 'Revaluation' option included any future postings, instead
of showing the balance as at 'today'. Fixed.
- Outputting a list to clipboard, Word, Writer, HTML or text file would truncate some data on the
right hand side if the list was wide. Fixed.
v4.112 2nd September 2014
- In the 'Stock' tab in customer details (in level 2 only), there is a new button 'Special Prices'.
This will list any special prices that have been set up for the selected customer. You can also
edit and/or add new prices from this list. If using wide customer details form, the special prices
will appear as a new tab called 'Prices', to the right of the 'Stock' tab.
- There is a new option to list all customer special prices in the stock/inventory menu.
- Purchase Orders can now be edited. Although this feature is disabled by default. So to allow
editing, click on 'Setup' on the top menu bar, go to 'Order Processing', and select 'Purchase
Defaults and Variables'.
- Customer accounts, a delivery address can now be set as the default. The default delivery
address will then be automatically selected when creating sales invoices.
- Supplier accounts, a factor can now be set as the default factor. This factor will then be used
automatically when creating opening balances or entering invoices and credit notes.
- Stock Item Details, the list of stock movements (wide version of the form only) now displays the
cost each and remaining quantity of each movement of stock in. So users basing costs on FIFO can
more easily see where the costs are coming from.
- Cash/Bank statement, the default date range is now selectable in the General Ledger (Nominal
Ledger) 'Defaults and Variables' option in setup.
- Cash/Bank statement, when reconciling transactions, it is now possible to set the system so that
any related cash/bank transactions are also reconciled. The setting is in 'Defaults and Variables'.
- If an image is used in a print or PDF layout, the image file needs to exist at the time the
document is printed. Now, if the image file is not available, the reference to the image is
automatically removed from the layout so that it does not prevent the document from printing.
A message will appear to let the user know.
- When a new company/organization is created, the new set of ledgers will default to using layouts
suitable for plain paper when printing documents, Previously, some documents, including invoices
would default to using a layout for letter headed paper. But users now either use plain paper, or
more usually no paper at all.
- When editing print/PDF document layouts, data item properties will now remain fully within the
application's visible screen, regardless of the screen space available to it. Also, the layout
editor itself will not adjust it's size beyond the available screen, even if that means not
showing all of the document layout.
- Payroll: If a date was entered into the 'Date left' input field in employee details, the employee
would no longer be listed in any employee lists, as they were no longer a current employee. Now
they will continue to appear if they are still associated with a payroll. The 'Payroll' input field
must be set to 'Not on payroll' for the employee to be removed from lists of current employees.
- Stock Item kit list, if the form is dragged wider, Bill of Materials will appear to the right. This
also appears if the kit details are printed (the print will be in landscape format due to width).
- If running the system in Level 1, and a customer or supplier account has Early Settlement Discount
(which can only be set/viewed when running in Level 2), this will be automatically applied to any
invoices entered for that account.
- When validating email addresses, it would allow a space in the email address. Fixed.
- When adding a new user, clicking on 'Security Profile' without saving the new user record first
would create a 'User not found?' message. Fixed.
- Customer details, delivery addresses, the delete button did not work. Fixed.
- Supplier Details (in the 'wide' version of the form), the 'Print List' button in various lists did
did not print the value or full value of a transaction, order, or item.. Fixed.
- Putting a supplier invoice into dispute failed. Fixed.
- If an Early Settlement Discount transaction was selected for a supplier, that was in a closed account
period, a message could appear twice informing the user the date was not valid. Fixed.
- Early Settlement Discount for both sales and purchase invoices was not always calculated
- eMail shots: the 'Test' button didn't work properly. It would send out one test email to the test
email address for every email address in the 'live' list! It wouldn't send a test email at all if
there were no emails in the list. Fixed.
- When deleting a supplier invoice, if it had any accruals or prepayments associated with it, they
would not be automatically deleted. Fixed.
v4.109 24th July 2014
- Editing purchase invoices would sometimes cause the invoice to be duplicated. Fixed.
- When editing account periods, the 'Close/Open a Whole Year' button did not always work. Fixed.
v4.108 10th July 2014
- New output option is available for all reports, lists, and documents, called 'Print Select'. This
opens Windows own printer select dialogue. It's useful when selecting network printers, It
should also allow you access to the printers setup options.
- When using the list transactions, for either sales or purchases, if the 'Daybook Report' option
is selected, the to/from dates and other information is automatically passed to the report option
so it will print the transactions displayed.
- List transactions and daybook reports for both sales and purchases did not allow the listing of
'Early Settlement Discount' only. This feature has now been added.
- AutoManager, when parts are ordered specially, received, and then booked out to a job, the quantity
in stock shows the parts received, but not having been booked out. Fixed.
v4.107 5th July 2014
- Aged Creditors and Debtors can now display and print for a specific department (the default is for
- Aged Creditors and Debtors can now display and print showing analysis by calendar month, as well
as the standard 30 day, 60 day, etc.
- Customer and supplier accounts can now be set up with a default department that over rides the
ledgers general default department when entering transactions.
- Print/PDF layouts, each data item automatically sizes to take account of the data it is to print
and font type and size used. However, the autosize doesn't always work as well as it should, and
sometimes character fields can get truncated (one or two characters missing off the end), and numeric
data fields can end up printing '*******' instead of a number. To avoid this, it is now possible to
turn off the autosize feature on a data item and manually set the width and height of the field.
- In the 'General' drop down menu, there is a new report option: 'Report User Activity Analysis'. This
will produce an analysis showing how many transactions in each ledger have been created, edited, and
deleted by selected users over a given date range.
- Customer, supplier, and General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) accounts can now be deleted, and then viewed
in a 'List Deleted Accounts' option in the 'Miscellaneous' menu in 'Setup'. They can be undeleted.
- The 'Database - Re-index' option now has an option of physically removing deleted accounts. By default
this option is not selected.
- General Ledger (Nominal Ledger), entering recurring journals no longer requires a department code to
be entered, it's now optional.
- General Ledger (Nominal Ledger), transaction details didn't show the debit/credit figures correctly
for the selected transaction. Fixed.
- AutoManager, when ordering parts for a particular job, if the quantity on the order was increased,
when the parts were received none were not booked out to the job. Fixed.
- AutoManager, when ordering parts for a particular job, if an item was added to the purchase order
with a 'Sell Price' of zero (such as the suppliers courier charge), it still got added to the job.
v4.106 26th June 2014
- The 'Preferred payment method' in supplier details was only being used when remittance advices
were created, it was no used when entering individual payments. Fixed.
- When a Sales Invoice is edited, any items that were invoiced from stock that have the quantity
changed put 'todays' date into the stock movement record instead of the transaction date. Fixed
- Cost of Goods not being posted from the AutoManager module (bug crept into v4.105). Fixed.
- Supplier details (Level 2 only), in the list of 'Orders' the 'List Invoice Status' button wasn't
working correctly. Fixed.
- In the database fix option (in setup), the 'Correct General Stock Data' button would fix any problems
in the stock data, but it also created a big one by removing the cross reference to any suppliers.
This bug must have been there for quite some time. Fixed.
- Purchase Invoices, when one or more items are selected from the list of P/O's, the P/O number did not
appear on the right hand side of the invoice details unless the form was scrolled. Fixed.
v4.104 2nd June 2014
- List Proforma Invoices: now has an option to only list those that have not been invoiced.
- The background options 'Money Received (Multiple)' and 'Money Paid Out (Multiple)' can now have the
account code typed into the 'Payment received for' and 'Reason for Payment' input fields, in the
same way as the cash/bank account input field. The drop down selection is still there, of course.
- Profit & Loss report now prints the period name at the top of each column instead of just the
period number.. Useful when reporting multiple periods.
- In the account periods set up screen, there is now a button 'Check Periods' that will make sure
all the account periods are contiguous, with no missing or overlapping dates.
- When not running as Freeware, user can now right click on the 'Background Picture' and select an
image of their choice.
- Sales Invoices, when a stock item is not controlled, if the user entered the item into the invoice
and then entered the quantity (usually, it would be he other way around), they would get a message
saying 'Not enough stock'. Fixed.
- Sales Invoices, if a stock item is set to zero value, and the Sale Analysis code includes COGS
accounts, they are not posted to in that instance. Fixed.
- If a sales invoice was edited, then 'Print and Post' selected, and the invoice is setup to remain
on the screen after posting, and the user then clicks on the 'OK' button, it would double up the
items in the invoice (clicking on 'Cancel' would not). Fixed. Note: the only way to correct invoices this has happened to is to clear all deleted sales transactions, then delete the invoice, and then re-enter it.
- Whole invoice discount given on sales invoices was not showing in the Trading Report. Fixed.
- Data Integrity report was not taking whole invoice discounts into account, and was also not correctly
checking payment allocations on the sales side. Fixed.
- If the cost of some stock items in a kit is extremely low, it would not display the correct
anticipated kit cost due to rounding issues. Fixed.
- Batched input of supplier invoices and credit notes would say 'A/c. Receivable' or 'Sales Ledger'
along the top. Fixed.
- The 'Cash Flow Statement Groups' in the Setup menu, 'Operating Activities' would shown up as
v4.104 2nd June 2014
- New report available showing which customer transaction is allocated to which. This is printed
for individual customers.
- New report available showing which supplier transaction is allocated to which. This is printed
for individual suppliers.
- Diary entries now have a report button to print the diary details (of existing diary entries).
- Stock Control: Sales Analysis report, the total retail value and cost value figures have been
widened to 999,999,999.99, there is now an option to produce a profit figure, and the report
produces totals at the bottom.
- Print/PDF and HTML document layouts now contain the 'quantity per' data field used when the 'price each'
is actually for several items. This covers sales invoices, estimates, proforma invoices, and advice notes.
- Print/PDF layouts now contain a data item called 'PAID' that gets printed on an invoice that has
been fully paid. The actual text can be edited.
- Stock item detail (in Level 1), if an a new item is entered and saved, and then a different stock
item is selected, the details of the selected item did not appear. Fixed.
- Stock item details (in Level 2), if a new item was being entered, and then the 'Clear' button
clicked to abandon the new item, when a stock item was next selected, most of the tabs would
remain greyed out. Fixed.
v4.102 22nd May 2014
- AutoManager: Service counter option would not start. Fixed.
- The list of various Charts of Accounts (used if creating a new set of ledgers for a new company/organization) was lost when updating to v4.100. Fixed.
v4.101 20th May 2014
- For those not using the software as freeware, the background has been changed. The 'Sponsor'
tab has been replaced by plain(ish) background. The user can select their own image (in the
- The new simple system for customer discounts is now implemented in sales invoices when running
the accounts system in 'Basic' mode.
- Bank reconciliation button remained greyed out when using the wide version of the bank/cash
statement form. Fixed.
- General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) account details, when single left clicking in the 'Transactions by
Period' section, the list of transactions making up the balance did not appear on in the list on
the right hand side (in the wider version of the form). Fixed.
- Repeat sales invoices did not update stock when posted. Fixed.
- When allocation a payment received from a customer, the 'Use Transaction Date' button didn't
- Purchase Order Processing: When stock is received in a Purchase Order, the supplier would be added
to the list of suppliers for that stock item, even if the supplier already existed in the list. Fixed.
- AutoManager: Parts counter, when a cash sale is made, the customer's outstanding balance was not
maintained correctly. This balance isn't actually used in the accounts system (itt adds up the
transaction balances each time). But the data integrity check would display it as in error, which
understandably concerned users. Fixed.
- AutoManager: Parts counter sales list would display a digit in front of the account code in the list
instead of the initials of the sales representative. Fixed.
- Payroll, UK only, EPS would fail if there has been any SSP paid. Fixed.
v4.100 12th May 2014
- Almost all forms were limited to 800 pixels wide. This was to ensure the accounts system would
run on as many PC's as possible. However, as monitors are getting wider, with high resolutions,
the 800 pixel forms now look quite small. So some forms, such as invoices,account details, etc.
are now much wider, up to 1400 pixels. However, the 800 pixel wide forms are still there, and
will be used automatically where the accounts system is running in a window less than 1400 pixels
wide (this can be changed by the user).
- Most forms, especially those over 800 pixels wide (see above) will now accept the input and will
display numbers up to 999,999,999,999.99 (up from 999,999,999.99).
- When data was backed up, it would not copy the document layouts as part of the standard backup.
Which could result in edited layouts being lost if a hard disk failed, or the application was
transferred to another PC by installing a new copy of Adminsoft Accounts and restoring a backup.
Document layouts are now no longer system wide, but specific to the selected company/organization,
and so get backed up as part of a standard data backup.
- In Print/PDF document layouts, you can now add user email address, full user name, and user ID
to the document layout.
- There have been a number of minor improvements to the facility to edit print/PDF document layouts.
Numbers are now right justified, which makes it easier to get them in the correct position them in
the layout. Each data item in the 'Line Details' section of the layout now shows two lines in the
'Header' section for lining up, a green one showing the starting position of the data item, and a red
one showing the end of it.
- Sales invoices can now have an overriding single discount percentage or amount applied to them.
A default discount percentage can be entered into the customer details if particular customers
always get a certain discount. This works in addition to the system of discount/markup bands
and sales discount codes. So care needs to be taken in that stock items that carry a discount
could end up being discounted twice, this can be used to advantage in that some items could in
effect be given extra discount if they are 'end of line', or soiled goods, etc.
- When a transaction was posted, if one of the elements didn't have a valid General Ledger (Nominal
Ledger) account code the posting would not balance (a message would appear telling the user). Now
it will post to the suspense account (if available) instead. Keeping the ledger in balance, and
allowing the user to easily correct the problem afterwards.
- If the software was re-indexed when the 'Getting Started' form was still visible (this appears
automatically after installation), the re-index would say there was 1 file it could not re-index.
The same could happen when the software has been updated, and the database structures are being
- If the data for a company/organization was remote (ie. not situated in a sub-folder in the 'Adminsoft
Accounts' folder), there could be an issue with document layouts that have been edited. Only the
PC on which the layout was edited and set as default would be able to use the layout, Fixed.
v4.094 4th April 2014
- Bug report option in the Help menu stopped working, due to recent change of FTP address. Fixed.
- Payroll, UK only: a YTD LEL figure was reported in the FPS even if there were no employee NI payments during the year. Fixed.
- Payroll, UK only: the YTD LEL figure in the FPS was sometimes reporting in pounds.pence where as it should only be reporting in whole pounds. Fixed.
- Payroll, UK only: the student loan deductions in the FPS were sometimes reporting in pounds.pence where as they should only be reporting in whole pounds. Fixed.
v4.092 1st April 2014
- Remittances Advices: transactions could not be selected properly, and the payment did not allocate when the Remittance Advice was paid. Fixed.
- Payroll, UK only: when an employee changed NI codes part way through the year, the FPS did not
rpeort the YTD gross pay correctly for either the old or new NI code. Fixed.
- Payroll, UK only: the LEL to PT pay band reported in FPS was not correct (the amount of NI
calculated was correct). Fixed (but not retrospectively)
- Payroll, UK only: last FPS of the tax year requires the answers to some questions that are then sent to HMRC. However, the answers were not recorded properly in the accounts system. Fixed.
v4.090 22nd March 2014
- When a Purchase Order was created, the supplier would be added to the list of associated suppliers
for any items on that order, even if the supplier was already associated. Fixed.
- The Sales and Purchase tax analysis reports, when showing item details and output is to a
spreadsheet, would not format the item details correctly.
v4.089 17th March 2014
- Manually setting up account periods has been modified so it is no longer possible to create
duplicate account periods.
- The 'Plain with Logo' background selection has been replaced with a web page that allows the user
to purchase the software or make a donation. The logo that was on that background has now moved
to the 'Plain' background.
- United Kingdom only: payroll RTI updated for new tax year 2014-15.
- Accessing some web sites in the accounts system background could cause a script error, which
would some times interfere with the operation of the accounts Program. It could even cause the
program to hang if the user clicked 'Yes' on the script error message. Fixed.
- The 'Send Stock Back to Supplier' form did not allow the lines to scroll. Fixed.
- In 'Analysis' in Stock Item Details (when running in Level 2), the profit and margin were
- Backup via email option did Not work if Outlook selected as email client. Fixed.
v4.088 3rd March 2014
- The front section of email addresses will now accept the + character. This is for users who
send email via Google's Gmail, and want to use task apps.
- In the database fixing option, if stock was fixed, if a stock item was showing a negative total
stock figure, it would calculate a cost, where as the cost should be zero. Fixed.
- Vehicle Mileage report not working properly. Fixed.
- When editing a sales or purchase invoice (in Level 2) that was paid or partly paid, it would not
unallocate any transactions allocated to it, generating a warning message. Fixed.
- When importing stock data, if you created a new definition for an import file, it wouldn't work.
- In AutoManager, changing the status of a job form the Service Counter screen caused the program
to lock up. Fixed.
v4.085 8th February 2014
- It was not possible to email documents such as invoices, statements, etc. using Outlook. Fixed.
- If Outlook (using Adminsoft Accounts email editor) was selected as the email system for a user,
it could fail if no SMTP host was provided. Even though the Outlook setting does not require
an SMTP host (it uses the settings in Outlook). Fixed.
v4.084 5th February 2014
- Diary entries can now have have images scanned in (or existing images located) and saved with
the diary entry.
- Purchase Invoices (Full): If no description was entered, the 'Suppliers Ref.' was put into the
description. This change was made in v4.078. But this resulted in the suppliers reference
then appearing twice when invoices were listed. So it's now been put back to how it was, so if
no description is provided, it will now use the description from the first line of the invoice.
- When creating or editing sales or purchase invoices, if the calculated tax amount is edited by the
user it could easily get overwritten, as the software frequently re-calculates the tax amounts.
Now, after a tax edit, before the tax is re-calculated, the software will ask the user first.
- General Stock Report: 'Price Each' added to the 'Movements' section.
- The list 'All Transactions' option for customers and suppliers, now has an extra option to only
display current transactions (ie. those with an outstanding balance).
- Employee Details: report now available from the Letters/Diary section that will print the employees
- The 'Import from PayPal' option would not import transactions correctly where the value of the
transaction exceeded 999.99 (this is because PayPal put comma's into the numbers, why?). Fixed.
- Purchase Orders: When using 'Build Up Order From Stock' items could appear on the Purchase Order
even though the quantity ordered is zero. Fixed.
- Customer Account Details (when running in Level 2): the annual sales figures displayed did not get
updated on the screen if the customer account record was locked (in use by another user). Fixed.
- Sales Invoices, when invoicing stock items using VAT/Sales Tax inclusive prices, the price excluding
tax was always calculated to 2 decimal places, regardless of the decimal places the 'Each' input
field was set to (default is 4). This could cause price inaccuracy, especially where several units
were being sold. Fixed.
- Some users had currency issues when they imported a Chart of Accounts. Fixed.
v4.082 9th January 2014
- When scanning images into a purchase transaction, if a location other than the default location
was used to store the images, the images were not stored. Fixed.
- If a user edited their own user details, when done they would lose all the print output options.
They would come back if the accounts system was exited and restarted. Fixed.
- When creating a Purchase Order using the 'Build Up Order From Stock' option, items were not being
added to the P/O if the re-order quantity was equal to the minimum order quantity on the suppliers
record for that item. Fixed.
v4.081 8th January 2014
- When selecting a new currency in the currency maintenance option, you can now select from a full
list of currencies based on ISO 4217.
- When selecting a new country in the country/region maintenance option, you can now select from a
full list of countries based on ISO 3166
- Balance Sheet report, the default term 'Capital Account' can now be changed.
- The 'Invoice Rct' and 'Credit Rct' options in supplier details (Level 2 only), now have 'Delete'
and 'Edit' buttons.
- Email: the 'Port' input field has been widened to make it easier to edit the port number.
- Email: there is now a button (both in main setup and user details) for sending a test email. This
makes it faster and easier to test out your email settings.
- The ability to edit or delete journals that were not created from within the General/Nominal Ledger
was removed. This is because changing or deleting journals created by, say, a sales invoice
compromised the integrity of the accounts system. Editing or deleting journals would have no
bearing on the original customer or supplier transaction, and so would no longer balance. However,
this created an issue, in that editing journals to correct for PayPal/credit card fees or rounding
issues was a lot quicker (and cleaner) than creating a new posting. So the ability to edit or
delete 'foreign' journals is back, but is now user selectable.
- Supplier invoices, when running in 'Level 2', if viewing an invoice, the department input field
allowed the department code to be changed. But the department code can not be updated unless
the invoice is being edited (ie. 'Edit' button clicked). Fixed. Department code now grayed out.
- Supplier invoices, when running in 'Level 2', if the 'Details' tab was selected, and the 'Edit'
button then clicked, the Sales Tax/VAT amount field/s would remain grayed out. Fixed.
- Customer invoices, when running in 'Level 2', if the 'Details' tab was selected, and the 'Edit'
button then clicked, the Sales Tax/VAT amount field/s would remain grayed out. Fixed.
- Employee details, when viewing diary entries marked 'private', the list of users displayed
would be wrong, even though only the correct users were allowed access. Fixed
- When viewing old customer or supplier transactions (except invoices or credit notes), two messages
would often pop up regarding the tax date. Fixed.
- When creating an Early Settlement transaction (with no tax element) for a supplier, a warning
message would pop up three times before the Early Settlement form appeared. Fixed.
- The 'Delete' button on some customer transaction forms did not work. Fixed.
- The output device list (used when 'printing') set up in user details was being ignored. Fixed.
- If a user is restricted to accessing cash book only and associated options, they still had access
to the 'Financial Summary' in the background. Fixed.
v4.080 28th December 2013
- When invoicing from stock in 'Level 1: Basic Level Functionality', v4.077 to v4.079 did not
update the quantity held in stock, or record the stock movement. Fixed
- When editing a sales invoice, the software would indicate an item as being out of stock or there
was insufficient stock when actually there was sufficient stock available. Fixed.
v4.079 27th December 2013
- Access to the edit button on customer and supplier transactions, the ability to change customer
or supplier account status, can now be set up in the security profile section in user details.
- Access to cash/bank options of the whole of the General ledger (Nominal Ledger) can also be
set up in the security profile section in user details.
- Sales invoices and other documents: printing used to default to 'Print', but was changed to
default to 'View (Text)'. This caused a problem for some users, and so now the default is
selectable in 'Defaults and Variables' in the 'Miscellaneous' set up menu.
- When right clicking on a print button in documents sch as invoices, estimates, etc. if 'View (PDF)'
was selected as the output, the document layout selection would not appear. Fixed.
- When entering General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) journals, using the 'wide' entry form, the
'Description' input fields remained greyed out after the first batch was entered. Fixed.
- Software was using the email system as set up in 'Defaults and Variables' in the 'Miscellaneous'
menu, instead of using the system as given in the user details. Fixed.
- If 'List Current Users' was selected from the start up screen, the top left hand corner of the
list would appear more or less in the middle of the available screen, and so most of the list
and it's buttons would be off the screen. Fixed.
- 'Defaults and Variables' option not available in the Setup->Miscellaneous menu. (This problem only affected v4.078) Fixed.
v4.077 20th December 2013
- All customer and supplier transactions (except contra's) can now be edited. Including sales
- Output to PDF files has now been much improved with the adoption of some new software from
Eqeus. This produces PDF documents that are very close to how they would appear when printed.
The old PDF system (FoxyPreviewer) is still there, so if you have edited any of your layouts to
suite the old PDF output, you can continue to use it. You will need to select in in your
Adminsoft Accounts user details, because the system will now default to Eqeus.
- Business Type codes can now be created. Up to five business types can be associated with each
customer. Allowing you to be quite specific if necessary. Of course, if you prefer, they don't
have to be used to identify business type, they could be used to classify your customers in some
- When a customer status is set to 'Concerned' or 'Stopped', you can can now setup what action
action you want the software to take when entering a sales invoice. The options are:: no action,
warn user, require a password from a supervisor, or prevent invoice from being raised.
- The list of available output devices, used when 'printing' reports or documents (such as sales
invoices, statements, etc.) can now be modified. Devices can be removed if required, and the
order in which they appear in the list can be changed.
- A new output device 'View (PDF)' has been created. This allows output of reports or documents
straight into Adobes PDF viewer. Unless FoxyPreviewer is selected as as the PDF file generator
(see above), then it goes into FoxyPreviewers own PDF viewer.
- Stock items have a main description field and an extra description field. They now also have an
extra three description fields. When creating a sales invoice or credit note, these extra
description fields, if used, will appear in the invoice.
- In the General Ledger (Nominal Ledger), when selecting an option to enter or edit journals, if
the application is 1200 or more pixels wide, a new wider version of the journal entry form will
be used. This extra width is used to allow the entry of a line by line description.
- The form for option 'List Journals' in the General/Nominal Ledger menu can now be dragged wider
to show extra information about the transaction.
- The option to create documents (mainly used for letter writing) will now put the name and address
into the document automatically (Word, Writer, and NotePad only). Also, the option can now be called
from several other places, including contact details, delivery address details, and factor details.
- When editing account periods, the software will check the dates are contiguous before re-balancing
the period totals. It should detect any gaps or overlapping of period start and end dates.
- When entering supplier invoices, if the 'Tax Date' was changed, the 'Payment Due' date wasn't
calculated properly if the credit terms were so many days or months past end of month. Fixed.
- The software couldn't find images when images were scanned in or manually located, and then the path to the
accounts system was changed. Fixed.
- Profit & Loss report over multiple account periods, if the YTD figure was zero, due to transactions
over the reporting period balancing out, the account would not be shown. Fixed.
- When creating a Contra from a supplier account to a customer account, the debit and credit postings
were the wrong way around! This nasty bug may have crept into the software in early/mid 2013. Fixed.
- If using the accrual/prepayment option when entering a purchase invoice in a currency other than
the ledger currency, the postings would be wrong. Fixed.
- In the 'Cash/Bank Accounts' option, if user singled left clicked on an account, the 'Single
Receipt' and 'Single Payment' option did not automatically bring up the selected account. Fixed.
- Payroll - United Kingdom only: when submitting an FPS to HMRC, if any employees had a Student
Loan deduction, the FPS transmission would fail. Fixed.
v4.075 16th November 2013
- Chart of Accounts can now be imported, exported, uploaded and download. They can created from the
accounts system, and shared with other users by uploading to our web site. The software can also
output an XML file containing a Chart of Accounts, which can then be used to load up a Chart of
Accounts into other Adminsoft Accounts installations.
- The loan/mortgage calculator can now output the repayment table to Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice
- Email: as well as having the option to choose whether email is sent out from Adminsoft Accounts
using Windows CDO or Chilkat, the user can now select Outlook - internal (using Adminsoft Accounts
email editor, but Outlook to actually send the email), or Outlook - external, which uses Outlooks
email editor). If either of the Outlook options are selected, the SMTP settings used are those as
setup in your Outlook. For those of you having difficulty sending email from Adminsoft Accounts,
these new options may provide a solution.
- The stock item find option, often used when creating sale invoices, now displays the quantity
in stock. Also, you can drag the form wider (or click an arrow to make it full width) to display
further information about the stock item. A single right click on a stock item will list any
- The 'Daybook' reports for both customers and suppliers can now list all transactions (as before)
or only transactions with an outstanding balance.
- Sales and purchase invoices: now when the tax date is changed, the delivery date, payment due
date and Early Settlement Payment Due date (if relevant) will be automatically updated.
- If no supplier invoice is going to be received for Purchase Order, in the supplier invoice option,
a Purchase Order can now be marked as 'Invoiced' to ensure it doe not appear in the list again.
- If a Purchase Order is only part received, and is set to 'Received' (ie. the times not received
are cancelled), the Purchase Order would continue to appear in the supplier invoice Purchase
Orders tab. Fixed.
- Scanned images, often used for supplier invoices, stock items, and employees. If the
images are scanned in directly from Adminsoft Accounts (as opposed to locating existing image files)
then they would be stored in the 'docs' folder for that company/organization. If the application
is moved or the path changed, the canned images should still be available. However they were not,
due to the full path name being saved instead of a relative path name. Fixed.
- When running on a Mac, backing up data to a ZIP file would cause the software to report the backup
failed, as it had 1 file missing. Fixed. (the backup was actually OK, the number of files was
- United Kingdom only: when submitting payroll data using RTI, if HMRC's system asked Adminsoft
Accounts to wait 0 seconds, it would wait indefinitely. Fixed.
- On monitors that don't have a lot of height, or if the application was limited to just part of
the screen, as various forms were opened, they could start vanishing off the bottom of the
- Inventory/Stock Control: when selecting items required to build up a kit, only whole numbers could
be entered for the required quantity. It should allow quantities to two decimal places. Fixed.
- A default Early Settlement Discount could not be entered into supplier details. Fixed.
v4.073 25th September 2013
- Stock Item Details now has a 'Print List' button next to most lists.
- The small graphs showing stock item sales have been improved.
- When you select 'View (text)' to output a report, the report viewer now has a horizontal scroll
bar to make it much easier to see wide reports.
- Sales Invoices, when the cursor is in one of the 'Stock Code or Description...' input fields,
pressing the F4 function key on your keyboard will display the full stock search screen. Once
you have located an item, single left click on it and click on the 'OK' button to enter the item
into the invoice.
- Invoice and delivery note layouts: a data item for 'Description' has now been created. This is the
short 20 character description or job reference that can be entered when creating any invoice or
- When a customer or supplier document such as a ales Invoice/Credit Notre, Proforma, Advice Note,
or Estimate is copied, the user now has the option of changing the account code. So effectively
copying it to another customer/supplier account.
- If you sell and purchase from the same business, the customer and supplier accounts can now be
linked. This allows the user to easily see an account is linked, and view the details of the other
account with one mouse click. It also defaults to the linked account when creating a contra.
- Purchase Orders: when created from Inventory/Stock Control, they would automatically use the
suppliers currency (as set up in the supplier details), but if the order was created from the
suppliers details screen it would use the ledger currency. Fixed.
- Payroll, United Kingdom only, tax code NT was being treated as tax code BR. Fixed.
- Budget Report: if different types of account were in the same budget group (eg. expense and income)
the values would be added together, rather than added/subtracted to arrive at the correct figure.
Fixed. (Each budget group must now specify a type, eg. expense, income, etc. though accounts within
the group are not limited to that type)
- If the same account was open by two or more users on a network, or more than one form was accessing
the account details in he same application, it was possible to end up locking up the accounts
system if a save was attempted (which could be done automatically when skipping from one account
to the next). Fixed.
- Clicking on the 'Help' button in the 'Create Purchase Order' option caused the accounts program
to lock up. Fixed.
- Payroll: United Kingdom only, in the FPS submission, the employee pay-to-date and tax-to-date figures
included any figures for previous employment. They should only include figures for current
v4.071 31st August 2013
- Budgets report, can now include each account that makes up the budget group, and can even include
the transactions if required.
- HTML documents (used for emailing invoices, remittance advices, etc.) have had the size for
monetary amounts all increased from 999,999,999.99 to 999,999,999,999.99
- Payroll would sometimes appear in the accounts system, even though it was not enabled in the
company/organization details. Fixed.
- Entering batched Opening Balances in A/c. Payable (Purchase Ledger) nad A/c. Receivable (Sales Ledger),
had various problems, with the 'Description' and particularly entering negative balances. Fixed.
- When a Saved Sales Invoice is turned into a 'live' Sales Invoice, if the user had clicked into
any input field containing the stock code and description of a stock item, the stock item
quantities and movement would not be updated. Fixed.
- Sending emails with embedded graphics could often cause and error. Fixed.
v4.069 12th August 2013
- Setting up account periods, the number of account periods will now default depending on the
account period type selected.
- Nominal/General Ledger: the 'Description' input field can now be left blank if it's not required.
- Printing from lists now has added output selections: OpenOffice Writer, PDF file, and HTML file.
- When paying a Remittance Advice, the user can now opt to use a payment allocation date that is
different from 'todays' date. This function could be very useful when backdating payments.
- Adjustments and Write Offs that affect the tax liability will now appear in the tax period end
report. However, only the tax balances will appear, as the amounts are adjustments to the balance
in an account and do not affect sales. NOTE: this change may cause some old transactions to appear in
your next Tax Period End report.
- Importing PayPal transactions, if a transaction is removed from the list of 'Transactions to be
Posted' by mistake, it can now be reinstated.
- When sending an email via Adminsoft Accounts built in email system, if there is no email address
to send to, or the address appears to be invalid, the input field will have a pink background to
draw the users attention to the problem.
- When creating Sales Invoices, Estimates, or similar documents, the system will warn the user if
a duplicate line has been entered. Not all users want this behavior, and so this facility can
now be turned off in the Accounts Receivable (Sales Ledger) setup (option Defaults & Variables).
- Invoice and Estimate print layouts: The 'Description Only' field will now print free text
descriptions as well as stock item descriptions. If you have a document that uses this data field,
you will need to delete the data field and drag and drop the new one into your document.
- Nominal/General Ledger: 'Post Journals' button remained greyed out unless a valid dept code was
entered in each line. It should be possible to leave the department code blank. Fixed.
- When some old transactions were viewed, if the account period for that transaction was closed,
sometimes a message would appear saying the date was invalid. Fixed.
- Importing PayPal data files, the 'Remove Transaction' button would not always work. Fixed.
- On installation, the default payroll created was called 'Monthly' but was actually set up as
four weekly. Fixed.
- Batch Payments: when posted in a none ledger currency, they did not post correctly. Fixed.
- During installation, when setting up a company/organization account periods, if 'No periods' was
selected, it created a total of 24 periods, each of one year. It should only create two: one for
the current year and one for next year. Fixed.
v4.068 26th July 2013
- The 'Database - Re-index' option will not run if there are any other forms open, and will notify
the user accordingly. If there are other forms open, the re-index would be incomplete.
- Stock Search: when printing a list of items found, it would miss out the first three items. Fixed.
- Genera Stock Report would not filter stock items by bin location, sale and purchase discount codes,
or sales and purchase analysis codes. Fixed.
- Batched input of payments for both customer and suppliers would post the amount paid to the
account associated with the first payment code in the list of payments codes, instead of the
account associated with the actual payment code entered in the transaction. Fixed.
- When entering Purchase Invoices (level 2 mode only), if you clicked on the 'Post' button, and then
clicked on 'New' ready to enter another invoice, the 'Description' input field (in the 'Details'
tab) would remain grayed out. Fixed.
- Employees will not appear on a payroll if they have no letter in their NI Code or the 'Tax Code'
input field is left empty. However, when the payroll is used outside of the United Kingdom the NI
Code (and often the 'Tax Code') isn't used, and so employees were not appearing in the payroll
even tough their details were valid. Fixed.
- Sales and purchase invoices can be converted into a different documents and/or copied. However,
they can not be converted or copied to a different account. But when the option is selected, it
would allow users to manually enter an account code, even though the 'Find' button was grayed
out. Misleading users into thinking they had posted the transaction to another account. Fixed.
- Sales invoices and credit notes: if a line has been entered, and the user then clicks back into the
'Description' input field to edit it, the Sales Analysis code, Sales Tax/VAT code, and the price
would automatically change back to the default codes once the cursor moved out of that input field.
Most of the time this would be fine, but if the user changed any of those input fields when first
inputting the line, they may not notice the system has changed them back. Now, once a line has been
entered no input fields will revert to default values, the original values will remain, unless manually
edited, or the stock item (if invoicing from stock) is changed.
- The 'Save Emails' setting wasn't being set when a new dataset for a company/organization was
- Importing customer or suppliers accounts: if an account in the imported data did not have an account
code, then it would be imported with no account code. But without an account code, the user can not
access it. Fixed. If there's no account code, a unique number is used, so the user can access the
account, and correct the account code.
- Two new options added to the 'Database - Fix' option, that will scan accounts looking for empty
account codes, and replace them with a number. See above.
- Employee Details: the 'New' button would remain grayed out, unless the Payroll module was
v4.067 12th June 2013
- Delivery Notes can now have their output directed to view, print, HTML, Excel, Word, etc. in the
same way as other documents. (note: when running in 'Level 2', Sales invoices' don't have enough
space for the selection of output, so the output is based on whatever is selected for the 'Print
- Document layouts for Accounts Receivable/Sales Ledger can now be copied from document type to
- You now have to click a button to see the legend for the graph in 'Financial Summary' in the
background. This is due to a lack of space in the Financial Summary, and some legends being
quite extensive (it allows up to 9), and some of the descriptions quite long.
- In stock item details, a button has been added that can remove all customer special prices for that
item in one go.
- 'Search for a Stock Item' option now has a 'Print List' button.
- Advice Notes, when compiling Advice Notes into a Sales Invoice, the reference and date of each
Advice Note is incorporated into the body of the invoice.
- In AutoManager anything could be entered into the equipment/vehicle make and model input fields,
which due to inconsistencies in spelling made it impossible to produce any kind of sales analysis
based on this information. These input fields are now coded, allowing the user to select an
existing make & model or enter a new one. There is a new report, 'Equipment/Vehicle Analysis'
than provides a summary or detailed breakdown of sales by make/model.
- Human Resources, in the report section of the menu, selecting the 'Employee Absence/Holidays' option
actually started the 'List Email Sent to Employee' option, and selecting the 'List Email Sent to
Employee' option did nothing. Fixed.
- Advice Notes, when multiple Advice Notes for a customer are compiled into one invoice, the sales
tax/VAT was not posted correctly. Fixed.
- Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports, when run to show the situation as at a given date (ie. not
today's date), while the balances would be correct, they would not always show them in the correct
period. This was due to miscalculating the allocation date by one day. Fixed.
- When entering invoices or credit notes in a currency other than the default currency, for customers
or suppliers, it would occasionally introduce a 'penny' error when posting the transaction to the
General/Nominal Ledger. Throwing the Trial Balance out of balance. Fixed.
- The payroll would allow employees to be processed when they did not have a valid NI letter. This
would prevent the calculation of any NI due, and would also prevent an FPS submission (UK only). Fixed.
v4.065 20th May 2013
- A new background has been created. This allows a selection of backgrounds, including the usual
'flowchart menu'. It also includes a new background which provides a financial summary, so you
can check the financial health of your business/organization at a glance.
- When backing up, the last location (and file name if backing up to a ZIP file) is retained in
the input fields for next time. So you if tend to backup to the same location, you won't need
to use the 'Browse' button each time. Although we always recommend you backup to several locations
- The option in setup to check the ledger integrity now has a couple of extra options for checking
the General/Nominal Ledger postings created by sales or purchase transactions.
- Journals created by A/c Receivable (Sales Ledger) or A/c Payable (Purchase Ledger) can no longer
be edited or deleted, as it created an imbalance between the ledgers. The only way to change or
delete journals that have not been entered manually is to go back to the original transaction.
- When entering journals in General/Nominal Ledger, if the amount was subject to Sales Tax/VAT, and
a Sale Tax/VAT code was entered, the automatically generated line/s for the tax amounts would
contain an invalid department code, and would not allow the user to edit it. Preventing the batch
from being posted. Fixed.
- If backing up to a ZIP file, the 'Browse' button always had to be used, otherwise the 'Backup Now'
button remained grayed out. Fixed.
v4.063 2nd May 2013
- The credit limit input field in customer and supplier account details has been widened to accept
up to 10 digits.
- United Kingdom only: payroll: some users reported the FPS RTI submissions would cause the program
to freeze after making the submission. Fixed.
v4.062 23rd April 2013
- Payroll, not calculating correct tax and NI for pay frequencies other than weekly or monthly. Fixed.
- Payroll, UK only, RTI EPS and NINO submissions kept producing an error message from HMRC. Fixed.
- When entering Sales or Purchase Invoices that contained an Early Settlement Discount, the discount
was not always shown in the invoice totals (in countries where early settlement discount affects the
sales tax/VAT calculation). Fixed.
- When viewing a cash/bank account statement, if a date was selected by clicking on the 'F' button
to bring up a calendar, the statement would update as soon as the date selection was made (or
canceled), but would not display correctly. Fixed. The display now only updates when the 'Display'
button is clicked, as intended.
v4.061 15th April 2013
- General Ledger (Nominal Ledger): the Enter Journals option now allows a department code to be
specified on each individual transaction line.
- Shop/Cafe Manager: now has a sales analysis report that shows sales totalled by sales analysis
code over a given date range.
- Shop/Cafe Manager: is a VAT registration number has not been entered into company/organization
details, a VAT figure will not be printed at the bottom of receipts.
- Shop/Cafe Manager: regular customers can now be selected during a sale. There is a report available
that will list regular customers in sales order over any given period of time. So you can see
where your business is coming from.
- When allocation payment/credit transactions to other customer or supplier transactions, you can now
specify a date for the allocation. So allocations can be back dated if required. This is very
useful should you need to produce back dated aged debtors or creditors reports.
- When printing a sales invoice, statement, remittance advice, etc. if you single right click on the
print button (instead the usual single left click), you can select a different document layout, just
for that one print out.
- Emails sent from Adminsoft Accounts can now be automatically recorded, So an email history is built
up for each account.
- Cafe/Shop Manager: the sales tab now has a 'wide' mode. Click on the right pointing arrow head
and the form jumps to a wider size, showing extra product description. Click it again and it'll
return to normal size. Which size you left the form in, it'll display in that size next time.
- When selling an item in Cafe/Shop Manager, you can now click on a 'Discount' button, which will
display the available discounts on that stock item, or allow you to enter a percentage in order
to calculate a discount.
- Both print and HTML layouts for sales invoices, estimates, proforma and delivery notes, now allow
the user to select an 'Item Weight' data object, and a 'Total Weight' data object.
- Payroll, UK only, test RTI submissions worked fine, but it could not make live submissions. Fixed.
- Customer and supplier labels would output to text OK, but did not print properly. Often only one
line of labels would print at the top of each page. Fixed.
- Till Open Reason Codes setup lists all the reasons for opening a till, but the list didn't show any
accounts associated with the open codes, until a code was edited. Fixed.
- Opening the till and adding or taking money from it, caused incorrect postings during cash up. Fixed.
- When setting up users email, SSL became enabled whether it was required or not. Fixed.
- In AutoManager, when booking in a service/repair and entering the tasks to be done. The 'Setup Task
Types' button was always greyed out. Preventing any new type of task from being created at that
- When using the internal email, with the email system set to use Windows CDO, if the CC input field
was used to CC a copy of the email, it used the 'To' address instead of the CC address. Fixed.
v4.060 29th March 2013
- IMPORTANT: In both customer and supplier accounts, when allocating payments and using the
"Automatically Allocate" button, the allocation did not work correctly, and if posted, did not
post correctly. Fixed.
If you've been affected by this error, you'll need to unallocate the problem transactions (select
a transaction and click on 'View Allocation', and then 'Unallocate All Above Transactions') and
then re-allocate the transactions.
- When a new payroll was created, the first pay period could not be created. Fixed.
- The payroll pay period was not appearing correctly in the list of payrolls. Fixed.
v4.059 27th March 2013
- United Kingdom only: RTI can now accept government gateway user ID and password, and so can
be run in live mode (ie. not just test mode as previously).
- Once a day (on days the software is started up) the software will automatically check to see if
there is a later version available. If there is, the user is given the option to download it.
The feature can be turned off if the user wishes.
- For those users with less than perfect eye sight, there is an option to change the size of the text,
input fields, and everything else in the program. Click on 'Help' on the top menu bar, and
select 'Change Form and Font Sizes'. This option has been there for some time, but has never really
worked too well. It's now been improved. It isn't perfect, but most things resize better, and
the setting remains for your next session. So you don't have to select this option every time you
start up the program.
- The email editor has been given a make over, with better looking buttons.
- If you have tried to use the built in email system without success, it might be because your SMTP
email host requires SSL. Google and Sky, I believe require SSL. This was previously not available
in Adminsoft Accounts. However, it has now been added, so in email settings you can enable SSL.
If you have previously been unable to use the built in email, it's worth trying again.
- Batch input for customer and supplier transactions has a delete button, but this rarely worked.
Fixed. Note, if transactions have been posted, they are NOT deleted, only the batch itself is deleted.
- If a stock item appears on more than one current Purchase Order, only the quantity in the last
Purchase Order shows in the stock item details as being on order. Fixed.
- If stock items were put into stock using the 'Stock Received' or 'Adjustment' option (ie. they
didn't come in from a Purchase Order), if there were any on order, the on order figure would be
- The Aged Debtors and Creditors reports, when producing figures based on a previous date, did not
always produce the correct figures, or show the correct transactions (if selected). Fixed.
- The 'Compact' version of the Aged Debtors report printed all balances reduced by a factor
of 100. Fixed.
- When one transaction was allocated to one or more other transactions, the allocation amounts were not
always recorded properly. Fixed, and all allocations made prior to updating the software will be
- When creating a Sales Invoice, if a new delivery address was selected, and the 'Customer Account'
button was clicked to select a delivery address from an existing customer, the new delivery
address would not appear in the sales invoice. Fixed.
- Customer and suppliers labels could not be printed from the option in the 'Report' sections of their
respective menus. Fixed.
- When exporting document layouts (to file, the upload to web worked fine) Sales Advice Notes would
get exported as Proforma Invoices and vice versa. Fixed.
v4.058 2nd March 2013
- Document Layouts can now be uploaded to Adminsoft's web site directly from Adminsoft Accounts, and then downloaded by other users. To upload a document layout, click on 'Setup' on the top menu bar, go down to 'System', and select 'Upload Document Layouts to Web Site'.
- Profit & Loss (Income Statement) report: when multiple periods are selected, there is now an option
to show summary of all account periods in one column, or show one column per account period.
- A default Sales Tax/VAT code can now be added to supplier accounts. If present, this code will be
used when entering invoices/credit notes and creating purchase orders.
- Customer and Supplier Account Details: the lists of current and historic transactions now have a
print button to make it quick and simple to print the lists as shown. This is only available when
the accounts system is running in level 2.
- Aged Creditors and Debtors lists and reports: when options are selected for excluding accounts in
credit, or showing pence, these options are now remembered for next time. Also, the printed reports
previously did not have these options at all.
- Aged Debtors report now has an extra option for producing a compact version of the report that
arranges the customer information in two columns. This halves the length of the report, though
does not give an aged breakdown due to space limitations.
- A new 'Fix' procedure added to the 'Database - Fix' option, to correct the costs associated with
sales invoices and credit notes.
- General Stock Report now has an option to print full stock item details, and allows the user to
select a range of various lists, such as stock movements, sales, associated items, etc.
- Stock Item Details report when printing various lists of stock movements, sales, etc. if output to
a spreadsheet, the information in each column in the lists did not appear in separate cells. Fixed.
- When running in 'Level 1' and creating a sales invoice from stock, the total cost figure was not
being stored in the invoice/credit note record. Fixed.
- Running an Aged Debtors or Creditors report for a previous date, did not always produce the
correct figures due to an issue with the allocation of transactions. Fixed.
- Early Settlement Discount, when displaying an existing transaction did not display all the figures,
and displayed a wrong letter in front of the transaction reference. Fixed.
- The 'Help List' (click on 'Help' on the top menu bar, then select 'Help') would not bring up any
details on the selected help topic. Fixed.
- Payroll: Would display a warning message saying the employees NI letter was 'invalid for a male'
regardless of the gender of the employee, or whether the NI letter was actually valid or not. Fixed.
- Stock Item Details Report would not print special prices to customers. Fixed.
- Two options to send information about any software errors directly to Adminsoft stopped working!
v4.057 4th February 2013
- The Sales Tax/VAT table printed on invoices/credit notes and estimates can now have the column
headings changed (Setup->System->Setup Country/Region Data). Very useful if you do not live in
an English speaking country and want your documents to appear in your native language.
- For the United Kingdom only: The payroll now supports Real Time Information reporting to HMRC.
This is only a small entry in this list, but it was a major project!
- In customer and supplier accounts, if the account status input field was blank, the 'Save' button
would be grayed out, which is correct. However entering a value should then enable the 'Save'
button, but this wasn't happening. Fixed.
- The two options (in the application background) for entering money received or paid out, used
the same list of accounts in the drop down list. Fixed.
- Sales Invoices: single right clicking on a cost item should bring up the stock details form, but
- Sales Invoices: when copying an invoice that contained stock items, in the costs section ,it would
multiply the cost each stock item by the quantity and use that as the new cost each. Fixed.
- Company/Organization Details: the 'Copy From' button did not work. It created the directory
structure (if it was a new company/organization), but did not actually copy the data. Fixed.
v4.055 23rd January 2013
- Shop/Cafe Manager: the kitchen printout can now be setup to use a different printer to the receipt
printer if required.
- Receipt Printing: as well as specifying a physical printer port (COM1, LPT1, etc.) users can now
specify a particular printer instead. If they do this, output will go through the Windows printer
driver instead of directly out the port. Modern receipt printers connect via USB, and expect to
be used via the Windows printer driver. So this method is becoming the norm.
- Payroll: The 'Pay All Employees' button remained grayed out, preventing the payroll from receiving
input for the next pay period. Fixed.
v4.052 8th January 2013
- Some extra input fields have been added into the employee details form, in anticipation of RTI
that will be introduced in the United Kingdom in April. (A fully RTI compliant version of the
software will be available later this month)
- Direct link put into the 'Help' menu that goes to the telephone & on-site support web pages.
- When running in 'Level 1: Basic Level Functionality'. It would not allow new customer accounts
to be created! Fixed.
- Customer Statements: The text 'Credit Limit' started showing as 'Free text' instead. Fixed.
- Payroll: when accessing 'Pay Input' from the 'History' option it would not reprint or preview
payslips from pay runs already processed. Fixed.
- One user running Windows XP reported that after upgrading to v4.050 (which supports PDF file output) his invoices, estimates, and statements would only print once. To print another document he had to completely exit the accounts system, and restart it. This turned out to be due to the print routines no longer automatically closing files. So rather then relying on Windows/FoxPro, the files are now specifically closed. However, no other user has reported this issue.
v4.050 22nd December 2012
- Reports and documents (such as sales invoices, statements, etc) can now be directly output as a
PDF file, or as a PDF attachment to an email. PDF's use the same layout's as printed documents,
though you can specify different default layouts for them.
- The 'Money Received' and 'Sundry Payment' options now have an additional option for entering
payment transactions that require multiple postings. ie. are for more than one item. Also,
adding a reason for payment (an account) has now been made easier.
- When entering a new delivery address during sales invoice creation, an existing address from a customer
account, customer delivery address, or a supplier account address can be selected if required.
- When entering transactions, the autocomplete facility (if used, it is optional) now lists suggested
input based on the customer or supplier account selected.
- The included HTML layout for Purchase Orders now includes a 'deliver to' name and address.
- There is now a report available to print unreconciled cash/bank transactions.
- When a customer or supplier transaction reaches a zero outstanding balance, it is automatically
moved from 'current' to 'history'. If this doesn't happen for any reason, or you have managed to
create a transaction with a zero balance, there is now an option in setup -> system - > database - fixing
that will move all transactions with a zero balance outstanding to 'history'.
- Printed Documents layout: When the data field 'Currency' is dropped onto a layout, it will usually
only get printed if the document is not in the ledger currency. There is now an option in 'Setup'
-> 'System' -> 'Setup Country/Region Data' that allows you to specify that the currency should
always be printed.
- Both the installation/update program and the accounts system itself now recognize Windows 8.
- When General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) transactions are deleted, if they are associated with some
other transactions in another part of the accounts system, perhaps customer or supplier transactions,
the user will be warned of possible ramifications, and advised to delete the original transaction
instead. Although the user will not be prevented from deleting if they wish to continue.
- Printed Documents layout: When creating/editing a line, the line style selected was not always the
line style that got printed. Fixed.
- When updating existing software, some times edited document layouts would get overwritten. Fixed.
- When viewing the pay history in employee details, the print button was always greyed out. Fixed.
v4.047 29th October 2012
- Raising a credit note for a stock item for a customer that has a 'markup on cost' discount band
would not generate a proper price for the item. Fixed.
v4.046 27th October 2012
- The PayPal import option now allows you to specify which transaction types you wish to import.
- When creating an invoice, credit note, estimate, advice note, or proforma invoice, when the cursor
is in the 'Stock Code or Description' input field, pressing F5 on your keyboard or Ctrl-R will
replicate the existing line.
- When editing the format (ie. headings) for Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow reports,
you can now change the order in which they appear by using 'Up' and 'Down' buttons to move
individual headings up or down the list.
- The backup option has a facility to backup to a ZIP file, it also creates a ZIP if backing up via
email or FTP. When a ZIP is created, it now checks it to ensure it contains the correct number
- Many forms can now be dragged smaller in one dimension, or sometimes both. This causes scroll bars
to appear in the form.
- On documents such as sales invoices, purchase invoices, credit notes, estimates, etc. the input
fields 'Each' and the calculated field 'Amount' have been widened to accommodate the maximum value
the software can handle. This is 999,999,999.99 although the 'Each' field defaults to 9,999,999.9999
this can be changed in setup.
- Sales invoices, credit notes, estimates, etc. The 'Copy' and 'Convert' buttons are now available
even when the transaction/document is still at the work in progress stage, ie. exists only as a
- The sales tax/VAT registration number is now printed out on receipts in Cafe/Shop Manager.
- Estimates that were created, and then saved to work on later, when recalled they showed as an
'Invoice'. The software would then not allow the estimate to be completed. Fixed.
- Early Settlement Discount when entered in Accounts Payable (Purchase Ledger), posted the debit and
credit the wrong way around. Fixed.
- The 'Money Received' and 'Sundry Payment' options would allow postings into account periods
that were closed. Fixed.
- Only one Estimate Layout (print) would appear in the list used to select the default layout. Fixed.
- Printed document layouts, if a line was changed from being a solid line to anything else, the changed
line property was not saved. Fixed.
v4.045 2nd October 2012
- PayPal sales transactions can now be imported directly into the General/Nominal Ledger.
- Sales Invoices (when running the accounts system in 'Level 2'), maximum number of invoice lines
has now increased from 100 to 999.
- Sales Invoices, it is now possible to change the delivery address (and re-print the delivery note if
required) after the invoice has been posted.
- When creating Purchase Orders, when the cursor is in the stock code or stock description input fields
the F8 key or Ctrl-F can be pressed to search for a stock item.
- When entering a new 'Equity' account, it could only be saved by clicking on the 'OK' button and
coming out of the account details screen. Fixed. You can now click on ;Save'.
- When using a 'Find' list to look for customers or suppliers, as well as selecting by a single left
mouse click, you can now also press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- It was possible to change the ledgers default currency after a company/organization had been setup.
But this would cause big problems with any existing transactions and accounts, as they would all be
in the original currency. So it's no longer possible to change the ledgers base currency.
- Human Resources / Payroll: It is no longer possible to delete an employee if they earned any salary.
- When a journal is edited, it no longer uses up a posting reference code. So the posting sequence
is now maintained.
- Stock Items Details, Stock Report, if 'Purchase Orders' were selected, they didn't get printed. Fixed.
- Customer and Supplier lists missed off the credit limit and outstanding amounts when output to a
printer or some other software or file. Fixed.
- The Sales Tax Analysis and Purchase Tax Analysis reports would sometimes show an * instead of the
tax code, where a two digit tax code was being used. They would also sometimes miss out transactions.
- When restoring data. If the data is not stored in the default location (ie. a different location
has been specified in the the company/organization details), it does not restore to that location,
but tries to restore it to the default location. Fixed.
- When a sales invoice was copied, or some other document converted, the 'sort stock' and 'sort
description' buttons were greyed out. Fixed.
- When a transaction was deleted that was not in the ledgers base currency, the currency value
would not be deducted from the account period totals. The ledger base currency totals would be
correct, so this only affected cash/bank statements for foreign currency accounts. Fixed.
- The option to fix out of balance postings in the General/Nominal Ledger did not function correctly
if the postings were not in the ledger base currency. Fixed.
v4.043 22nd August 2012
- It is now possible to set the next estimate (quote) number.
- Cafe/Shop Manager can now be used with a bar code scanner.
- Purchase Orders can now be previewed during creation, without actually saving/processing the order.
- Stock item details can now be located by the bar code (either typed in or scanned in).
- An existing Purchase Order can now be copied. Could save time creating a new Purchase Order.
- When a special price is given to a customer when creating a sales invoice, it is now possible to
record that special price so it is automatically used next time the same item is invoiced. To do
this, single right click in the 'Price Each' input field.
- Currencies: changes in exchange rate can now be easily viewed for each currency. It also shows a
small graph showing the changes over the last twelve months.
- Customer and supplier account details can now display balances and transactions in their original
currency. ie. not just the ledger currency.
- Customer statements will now print out in the currency of the customer, and not the ledger currency.
- Sales Invoices (when system running in Level 2) can now have the invoice lines sorted into
description order, as well as stock code order.
- The 'Invoice Rct' and 'Credit Rct' options in supplier details, now allow the calculated amount of
VAT/Sales Tax to be edited.
- Account search options for customers and suppliers can now also search the diary, any transaction
dispute records, and the transactions themselves. The forms can be resized to show the results in
more detail, and the results can be printed. The search can be paused and/or canceled.
- Factors were limited to bank account numbers and sort codes/routing codes of 12 characters each.
They are now 20 and 40 characters respectively.
- The shortcut keys introduced in v4.041 conflicted with using Ctrl-C or Ctrl-V to copy and paste
content into or out of input fields, and the backspace key. Fixed. The shortcut keys now require
Alt key to be depressed before they will activate, instead of the Ctrl key.
- An error in the calculations for the Trial Balance report for a specific period sometimes produced a
wrong opening/closing balance. This applies to both the 'List' option and the printed report. Fixed.
- The option to fix Nominal/General Ledger balances in the database fixing option did not properly fix
balances on foreign currency accounts. Fixed.
- Bank/cash statements for accounts in a foreign currency: when switching between the account currency
and the ledger currency, or vice versa, the opening balance did not update. And so all subsequent
balances would be wrong. Fixed.
- When backing up using FTP, it would leave a message "Creating ZIP file..." on the screen. Fixed.
- The Sales tax/VAT registration number in customer details was not being saved. Fixed.
v4.041 27th July 2012
- Bank/cash accounts are now supported in other currencies. Balances are maintained both in the
ledgers base currency and the account currency. There is an option to revaluate when necessary.
- When entering sales invoices, credit notes, proformas, or advice notes, you can now press the F8
function key on your keyboard, or Ctrl-F, to activate the stock find option (this is the same as
clicking on the 'F' button). When in the stock find option, pressing the Enter key on your
keyboard selects the highlighted stock item. This allows you to enter information without using
a mouse until the very end. Can make the operation much quicker.
- Most of the more frequently used options now allow short cuts. In other words, various options
can be selected from the keyboard rather than having to click on a button. The OK button for example,
could be selected by pressing Ctrl-O (pressing the letter 'O' on your keyboard while holding down the
button marked 'Ctrl').
- Payments from customers: a payment receipt can now be printed. Although the print format is fixed,
the HTML version can be edited.
- The Trial Balance lists can now show the customer and supplier account details when listing
transactions for a particular General/Nominal Ledger account entry. Because of lack of space in
the list, the details are off to the right hand side, not normally visible. So you need to drag
the form wider, or click on a small green arrow that points to the right.
- A payroll can now be deleted even if it has been run, and there are pay periods for it. This will
remove all references to the payroll, including the pay slips of any employees that were paid via
- When the software is processing a transaction/s, if it came across a record that it needed to
update, but the record was locked by another form, or another user (if on a network), the program
would stop until the record was released. The problem is, if it was locked by another form, it
wasn't possible to get to the form to close it and release the record, because the application
was effectively frozen. This no longer happens. If a record a locked, a message appears, but
the program does not freeze, allowing the user to close the offending form and release the record.
- The font size (and by necessity the sizes of the forms, input fields, etc) can now be changed.
The options are to make them 10%, 25%, 35% or 60% bigger.
- Asset Register. It is now possible to delete assets. Though if any General/Nominal Ledger postings
are required, they have to be made manually.
- Stock Item Details: When a Sales Discount code is entered, the automatically calculated discounted
prices now appear in stock details. Making it easier for the user to see the effect of discounting.
- Some of reports that are likely to be long can now be paused, or canceled at any time. If paused,
you will be able to use the accounts system to do nearly anything (except produce another report),
and then come back to the report and allow it to continue, or cancel it.
- When printing a Trial Balance for specific account periods, the description of each account is limited
to only 11 characters, because of hte number of columns of figures also being printed. There is now
an option to print a wide version of the report, which will print the accounts descriptions in full.
- Payroll: When an individual employee is paid (ie. using the 'Pay Single Employee' option), what ever
payment method is used will be printed on the employees payslip (previous it always printed the
default payment method for that particular payroll).
- When user details are setup to go straight into a particular company/organization after logging in,
in v4.040 it failed to do this. Fixed.
- When an invoice (or estimate, or proforma) was copied or converted, the tax calculator button
remained disabled. Fixed.
v4.040 1st July 2012
- Delivery addresses can now be added to a sales invoice layout.
- Delivery notes (printed from a sales invoice) can now print the delivery address (instead of just
the customers invoice address).
- In Cafe/Shop Manager, the 'tab' is now printed on the receipt when a bill is printed. This being
an optional temporary bill, prior to the customer settling their account.
- In CafeManager: a 'kitchen order' can now be printed out on the receipt printer. Also, kitchen
notes can be added to the customers order that do not appear on the final receipt, but do get
printed on the kitchen order.
- In Cafe/Shop Manager, if no default bank account has been set up for the till, the system will use
the bank account set up on the payment code. If it uses the bank account on the payment code, it
will also make any payment commission or fee postings as necessary.
- The cash up procedure (used in AutoManager, and Cafe/Shop Manager) can now be done at any time,
and as many times as required. So cashing up past midnight, or at any time of day, is no longer
- When cashing up in Cafe/Shop Manager, postings can now made for COGS. This feature is enabled in
the general Shop/Cafe Manager setup.
- Can now enter an opening balance directly into the till (ie. the 'float').
- When a form is resized, it now keeps that size. Even when the application is closed down and then
started up again. The size can still be changed at any time, of course. This ability to remember
the form size is optional (default is 'off'), and selectable in user details.
- If an invoice has been created from a job in the AutoManager option, the job number is now displayed
at the top of the invoice. A single left click on this will bring up the job details.
- HTML footers (some times called 'signatures') can now be entered. and automatically added to each email.
- When using a receipt printer in AutoManager or Cafe/Shop Manager, the command codes to open a
till are now user definable. The default is 27,7,10,10,7 Users can now also specify control codes
for activating a cutter. The default is 27,109
- Backing up 'Common Data' files, no longer creates separate folders or ZIP files for 'System' and
'Layout'. Only one folder or ZIP file is now created.
- Backups can now be done via FTP.
- There is now an option for 'Quick Backups'. This will backup your company/organization data by
just clicking on one button. However, it's not the safest way of backing up, as it backs up the
data to another folder on your hard drive (it creates a new folder each time, so you can have
multiple backups). But if you're in a hurry, it's better than not backing up at all.
- Setting up a new company/organization, if an alternative data location is selected, if no data
already exists in that location it will now be created. Also, data can now be copied from other
company/organization's that may be using alternative date locations.
- Company/organization's that use alternative data locations can now be deleted. Note: this only
deletes the company/organization record, and not the data.
- When editing document print layouts (invoices, statements, etc), images and logo's can no longer
have a height or width of less than 16 pixels. There have been issues where users have placed
an image or logo on to a document, and reduced the size to the point where they could not see it.
Which can cause problems, as it can no longer be seen to be modified or deleted. This can no
- The VAT/Sales Tax Summary now shows the tax period end date, company/organization, and the date
and time the summary was produced.
- The 'Price List' report in Stock Control/Inventory can now print a VAT/Sales Tax inclusive price
next to the exclusive price. Note: this only applies if your stock prices are exclusive of
- The Sundry Payment and Money Received options: in the account selection input fields, as well as
selecting the account from a list as before, you can just enter the account code, and the account
will be located. This can make input a little quicker, if you know what the account code is.
- When entering an invoice for sales or purchases with the accounts system running in level 2, if
you deleted a line, the change wasn't always reflected in the VAT/sales tax analysis in the
'Details' page (although the tax was calculated correctly). Fixed.
- The internal email system is supposed to accept multiple email addresses into the 'To', 'CC', and
'BCC' input fields. But if more than one address was entered, the email address validation would
flag it as being invalid, and would not allow the email to be sent. Fixed.
- When sending reports out to OpenOffice Calc, sometimes the date would display ERR! Yet some dates
would be OK. This is because some dates are sent out as character fields, and some as actual date
fields. It is the actual date fields that were failing because they were not in the correct
format for OpenOffice. Fixed.
- In the AutoManager option, when viewing a job that had been invoiced, the 'Invoice' button was
grayed out. It should be enabled, to allow users to view the invoice. Fixed.
- When using Shop/Cafe Manager, if a user logged out of Sales Counter, and a different user logged
back in, many of the details particular to that new user (email settings, access settings, etc.)
were not picked up. Fixed.
- When the accounts software is first installed, when exiting it displays a user feedback form. If
this form is completed by the user, the users default browser appears but displays two web pages
instead of one. A page thanking them for their feedback, and the usual application exit page.
Fixed. It now just displays the 'thank you' page.
- Backing up data for a company/organization where the data is not held in the default location
would fail. ie. If a path has been specified in the 'Alternative location for data' field in
company/organization details. Fixed.
- Sales Tax/VAT table. When setting up a tax table, the user can enter notes for each tax rate.
However, if those notes were longer than around 150 characters or so, when the tax table is displayed
after clicking a find ('F') button, it would appear empty. As if no tax rates had been set up. Fixed.
- When converting or copying sale invoices, estimates, or proforma's, all costs were treated as stock
items. This would cause the prices of none stock items to be zeroised, and a message to appear
saying the cost item was not found. Fixed.
- When updating the software. If the user elected not to run the software immediately after the
update, if certain files require a structure change, the software may not run correctly later on.
If the software was started up by the installation program, it knew it had to check and update
some file structures if necessary, but if run later it would not do this. Fixed.
- When entering a new employee into Human Resources, it was possible to create an employee with no
employee reference. Fixed.
v4.036 12th May 2012
- When creating sales invoice from stock, if any of the stock items have a weight, the weight of
all items invoiced will be added up and displayed on the invoice form.
- When entering items into a sales invoice, if the user enters an item that has already been input
into that same document, a warning is displayed. But it does not stop the same item from
being entered twice (or more) if the user wishes.
- When creating a sales invoice, there is now a small button near the top labeled 'Sort Stock/Desc'
which will sort the invoice lines into Stock Code/Description order. This button is only available
when running the accounts system in level 2.
- As regular backups are so important, the date a company/organization last had it's data backed up
is now displayed in the accounts system start up screen.
- When installing the accounts system and entering the account year details, it was possible to
inadvertently enter the wrong account year for a given account year start date. The software
now checks this, and corrects the account year if necessary. It will warn the user it has
corrected the account year.
- Posting journals in the General/Nominal Ledger, there is an option to print the batch. But of course
this will not print the posting number as it hasn't been allocated at that time. Now, just after
the batch has been posted, the system asks the user if they want to print the batch. This print out
will contain the batch posting number.
- When using the Chilkat internal email system, it needs to check the chilkat2.dll file is
registered in Windows. If it's not, it would attempt to do this automatically. But if it
failed,it did not notify the user. Now it notifies the user and provides instructions on
what to do next. (Usually if it failed, it's because the command to register the file needed
to be run as administrator)
- The operation of the 'Save' button in the email edit form has been improved. It now always asks
for a location and file name before saving. If an existing file is being edited, it will use that
as the default location and name. It makes the save button much easier to use.
- When installing Adminsoft Accounts, the email system used now defaults to internal email using
- When creating an email using the internal email system (either Windows CDO or Chilkat), the editor
would always use double spacing. Fixed.
- The Trading Report would crash the application if there were more than about 20 accounting
periods in the financial year, and output was to 'view' or to 'Excel'. Fixed.
- If the accounts system is left running overnight, the following day it uses the previous days
date as default when entering transactions. Fixed.
- When using the AutoManager module, if the user clicks "INVOICE CUSTOMER", then "FIND" then
"CREATE NEW CUSTOMER" After the creation of the new customer, go directly to "VEHICLES/EQUIPMENT"
tap and click "NEW" vehicle it displays an error message and does not allow the user to enter any
- VAT/Sales Tax Period End Report: The 'Total Tax....' figure could be incorrect where taxable
transactions are entered through the General/Nominal Ledger. It added the debt and credit tax
figures, instead of subtracting the debit figure from the credit. Fixed. (This issue only applies to
countries where there is only one sales tax, but does not apply to the United Kingdom.)
v4.035 19th April 2012
- Customers, suppliers, and employee details, could not create new diary entries. Fixed.
- eMail: when dropping an image into an email off the local hard disk drive, if the image was then
re-sized, it did not get embedded in the email. Fixed.
- Sales Invoices: if an invoice was copied and one of the cost items was no longer a valid stock
item, it would display a negative cost amount. Fixed.
- When adding new customers or suppliers (when operating the accounts system in level 2), not all
input fields set up as mandatory input fields would appear with a colored background to indicate they were mandatory. Fixed.
v4.034 9th April 2012
- A new function has been added to customer details, supplier details, and contacts. This is the
Additional Contact Information. It allows extra telephone, fax, and email addresses to be entered,
but it also allows details of FaceBook, Twitter, eBay etc. to be entered, and can directly go to
- The customer/supplier diary details can now display HTML, which is the standard used by emails.
- If a diary entry is locked by another user or form, the details are still displayed, but can not
- Payroll: United Kingdom only, tax and NI figures for tax year end April 2013 now used when any new
- The 'Default' sales tax/VAT code used for new customer account is checked to make sure it doesn't
contain a 'Y' or a 'N' which are the old values for this data field. It should be empty or
contain a sales tax/VAT code. The data field is corrected if necessary.
- Balance Sheet report can now be produced to cover a range of account periods.
- eMail Shots, a list of email addresses had to be compiled, even if you only wanted to send a test
email. This is has now been changed, so a test can be sent without any address list.
- The diary would not skip past (using the 'Prev' or 'Next' buttons) any diary entries that were
marked as private. Fixed.
- eMail Shots: if user selected to record the email in the customers/suppliers diary, it did not
make a diary entry. Fixed.
- When transactions were imported, although the General/Nominal Ledger postings were being made,
and when viewing postings the original sales or purchase transaction could be viewed, the postings
could not be viewed from the original transaction. Fixed. (this fix will work retrospectively,
if you could not view postings, you should be able to after this update)
- Balance Sheet Report: The 'Capital Account' would occasionally be incorrect. Fixed.
v4.033 21st March 2012
- General/Nominal Ledger journal entry, while the debits and credits do not balance, the totals for
each column are shown in red. Beneath these it now displays a figure representing the difference
between the two columns, to make it easier to find the reason for an imbalance.
- Sales Invoicing, the Sales Analysis and Sales Tax/VAT input fields can be right clicked to display
a list of codes. Useful if there is a code already entered, but you're not sure if it's the
- Sales Invoicing, when the cursor is in the 'Description or Stock Code...' input field, pressing
the F9 function key on your keyboard will display a list of previously entered invoice lines for
that customer. Allowing you to select one if you wish, which will then be automatically entered
into the invoice. Right clicking will produce a menu, allowing the user to view/edit stock item
details (if a stock item has been entered), list previously entered invoice details, or list
pre-entered general invoice text.
- Adminsoft Accounts requires access to code page 1252. In most western countries this is not an
issue, but in countries that do not use the Latin alphabet they often do not have this code page
available by default. Windows needs to be setup to handle none-Unicode English applications. If
this was not done, the software would produce all kind of error messages, none of which actually
pointed to the problem. Now the software checks on start up that code page 1252 is available, and
if it is not, the application stops, displaying a message telling the user why and what they need
- Database Import Customers and Suppliers option, the import file names used get left in the system,
so when option is selected again, messages pop up for any of the import files that no longer exist.
The messages have been stopped,but the files are still checked to see if they exist, and buttons
are enabled or disabled as necessary.
- In the 'Database - Fixing' option (in Setup -> System) some help is now available for each option.
Also, two new options have been added: one to correct sales tax on customer transactions, and the
the other is to correct sales tax on purchase transactions.
- Software bug report: now provides the software version and includes the file name of any user files. I admit this is of far more interest to Adminsoft than you guys!
- Special Prices set up for customers were not being used when creating a sales invoice. Fixed.
- eMail Shots, the 'Send Test Email' button always used the Chilkat email system and the standard
SMTP settings, regardless of settings. Fixed.
- eMail Shots, when the email system was set to Windows CDO, the emails going out did not include
any 'From' name, only the 'from' email address. Fixed.
- Nominal/General Ledger, some of the reports require an account period to be typed in or selected.
If the default account period needed changing was in double digits, it was sometimes awkward to
change it. Fixed.
- Sales Invoicing, when the user clicks into the 'Customer Account' input field, and then clicks one
of the 'F' buttons to locate a stock item, the find stock item form would appear behind the invoice
form. Effectively locking the system up. Fixed.
- Sales Invoicing, if the cursor was positioned in the Sales Analysis code or Salea Tax/VAT input
fields, and they were blank, and the user then clicks on 'Cancel'. The form will not cancel until
a valid Sales Analysis or Tax code was entered. Fixed.
- The default VAT/Sales Tax code was NOT being used when a stock item is selected in an invoice. Fixed.
v4.032 1st March 2012
- If the accounts system is operating with remote data, if the remote data is no longer available or
has moved,the software would not start up. Now it displays the screen to allow the user to select
a different location for the data.
- When a new set of ledgers is created, opening balances for cash/bank accounts are now posted to
a new account 9970 'Other Opening Balances'.
- CafeManager, the name of the table and the code of the person serving at the till is now printed
on the receipt. The table name is also recorded in the receipt data and is displayed when viewing
- Bar graphs for both customers and suppliers, each bar displayed is clickable and lists the
transactions that went into making up that graph data. These lists now have a 'Print List' button.
- Stock Item Details, any special prices to customers will now appear in the list in customer account
- Purchase Invoices, when the 'Images' option is selected to scan purchase invoices, existing images
can now be selected by clicking the 'Locate File' button.
- A 'Total tax on sales less tax on purchases' figure has been put into the sales tax period end
report and summary (does not apply to United Kingdom). In many countries, this figure may be
the tax due for payment, but not all. Due to the way sales tax/VAT is operated in different
countries, and the various schemes available, the accounts system only reports tax charged to
customers and tax paid to suppliers, it does not provide a tax due for payment figure.
- The Backup and Restore options can now backup and restore any document images.
- Balance Sheet now shows 'Retained Profit' in the 'Equity' section. This is fictitious account in
that postings can not be made to it. It exists in order to balance the Balance Sheet, and
automatically show the retained earnings figure.
- Email previously could be setup to use Outlook (not for email shots though), or Adminsoft Accounts
internal email (provided by 3rd party software Chilkat). There is now a third option using
Windows own built in email software (CDO.Message). This has the advantage over Chilkat in that there
are no files that require registering. Making Adminsoft Accounts even more portable. But it has
the disadvantage in that it will not work in Windows versions older than Windows 2000. I suspect
this will not be an issue. If you have been experiencing problems with Chilkat (usually
authentication related), you may want to try switching to CDO.
- Record locking had a default time out of 12 hours. Any record locked longer than this automatically
has the lock cleared. This default can now be changed by the user in setup. Minimum is 1 hour.
- When in company/organization details, if an alternative location is selected for the data, the
'Delete' and 'Copy From' buttons now remain enabled.
- When in company/organization details, if he user clicked into the alternative location input field,
but left it blank, a backslash would appear which could not be removed. This prevented the system
from finding the data. Fixed.
- In Setup, Customer Defaults, selecting a sales tax/VAT code by clicking the find button did not
work. Although a code could be selected, it did not get automatically pasted into the input field.
- Asset Register, the option to automatically depreciate assets and make the necessary postings
into the ledger, only made the first posting then stopped. Also, it did not clear the 'depreciation
year to date' field ready for the next financial year. Fixed.
- The 'Apply Regular Postings' option in Nominal/General Ledger, would make postings into an account
period even if it was closed. Fixed.
- Both customer and supplier invoices and credit notes could be entered into closed account periods.
- Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable, the Purchase Tax Analysis report did not work. Fixed.
- Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable, Purchases by Area/Country Analysis report, scope dates could
not be selected by using the find buttons, Fixed.
- Setting up account periods, if user clicks into the 'Open' input field when it is greyed out, they
can not get out of it as the validation insists it must contain a 'Y' or a 'N', but nothing can be
entered as it's readonly (greyed out). Fixed.
- When any list of transactions is displayed, there is normally a 'Print List' button. If this is
clicked and the user selects 'Preview' a print preview is displayed, If the user clicked on this
preview an error message would appear, and most likely the accounts program would close. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, could some times generate sales tax/VAT amounts that were out by a few pence. Fixed.
- In the 'Money Received' and 'Sundry Payment' options, if the 'Tax Calc' button was used to create
the amount and tax amount entries, the 'OK' button would remain greyed out. Fixed.
- When setting up SMTP details in Miscellaneous -> Defaults and Variables, if the user was using these
company/organization SMTP details (as opposed to SMTP details in their login details), the changes
did not take effect until the accounts system was restarted. Fixed.
- In the option 'SMTP Hosts for email Shots' if the user clicked on a host while editing another
host, both hosts would end up sharing the same details. Fixed.
- eMail shots didn't work when the SMTP host/s were setup via the 'SMTP Hosts for email Shots' option.
- When entering batched opening balances into customer or supplier accounts that have a sales tax/VAT
element, the software would not allow a negative balance to be entered. Fixed.
- When importing sales or purchase transactions, any sales tax/VAT amounts were not being posted into
the Nominal/General ledger (this bug crept in due to the substantial changes to sales tax/VAT
handling in January 2012). Fixed.
- When working in customer or supplier details when running the accounts system in Level 1: Basic
Functionality, if the user selected the 'Show Full details' option, the full details would be
displayed, but the record would be locked, and remain locked until the lock timed out. Fixed.
v4.031 7th February 2012
- IMPORTANT: Supplier Invoices or Credit Notes entered prior to updating the software to v4.027 or
or later, do not report the Sales Tax/VAT on the Sales Tax/VAT Period End report. Fixed.
- The download file was typically between 17mb and 20mb. This has now been reduced to only 10mb.
When installed and one company/organization has set up, it takes a total of just under 40mb of
- AutoManager: Customer details (in Level 2) now lists all jobs for that customer.
- AutoManager: Jobs can now be created that are not associated with a vehicle or equipment. The
option to do this is next to the list of jobs (new, see above) in customer details.
- When posting sales or purchase invoices, debit notes, or credit notes, a posting is made into the
General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) for each item in the invoice. An option is now available that will
gather together items that are using the same G/L (or N/L) account code and post them as one. If
this posting method is selected (in setup), as the description of each item will be different, it
has to use the description of the sales or purchase analysis code for the posting. If you have to
to enter invoices with a large number of lines, you may find this very beneficial is reducing the
number of G/L (N/L) postings. (this will be the default for new installations)
- Payroll: If an employee is taxed on a week/month 1 basis, this is now printed on the payslip
after the tax code.
- In Stock Item Details, when running the accounts system in 'Level 1: Basic Level', the system
would claim that any Sales Tax/VAT code entered was invalid. Also, it would only allow one digit
codes to be entered, Fixed.
- Importing customer and supplier transactions, any tax codes and amounts did not import correctly.
- Data Integrity Check, did not check the tax element of sales or purchase transactions correctly.
- Sales and Purchase Invoices: when several items were added to an invoice, the sales tax/VAT
calculated could some times be a penny out due to rounding issues. Fixed.
- Sales invoices and credit notes, if a stock item was selected that had a two digit sales tax/VAT
code, an * appeared in the sales tax/VAT input field. Fixed.
- Sales invoices and credit notes, if copied using the 'Copy' button, any costs for stock items
would get doubled up. Fixed.
- Any sales or purchase transactions entered into the system (that were not invoices, debit or credit
notes) that have no Sales Tax/VAT amount, got flagged up as having a potential balance problem in
the Sales Tax/VAT Period End report. Fixed.
- The decimal and thousands separators vary from country to country. They are often setup in the
regional data that comes with the accounts system. However, if they are left blank, the software
should get the value from the setup in Windows. It could not always get a value from Windows,
whch caused numbers to be only partially displayed. Now if it does not have a value in the
regional data file, and can not get a value form Windows, it defaults to a full stop for the
decimal separator and a comma for the thousands separator.
- When operating the accounts system with remote data, ie. with the accounts system on a local PC
and the data on a server connected via a LAN or VPN, if a new company/organization was created,
it didn't work. Although the company/organization record existed, no data files were created. Fixed.
v4.030 28th January 2012
- Accounts Periods: can now edit the financial year for a particular account period.
- In supplier details, the 'Invoice Rct' and 'Credit Rcpt' options (in Level 1 in they are in the
'Quick Input' section called 'Invoice Received' and 'Credit Note Received') did not function
correctly. Even if no payment details were given, the outstanding balance was always zero.
Also, after entering an invoice, the tax amounts would be negative. This anomaly probably crept
into the software v4.027. Fixed (when updating to v4.030, it will attempt to repair any incorrect
data created by this issue).
- Sales Invoices, when invoicing from stock, the stock item description gets truncated in the stock
movement details. Fixed.
- In Company/Organization details, a different location for the data can be specified. If a "\"
was not attached to the end of the path, it wouldn't work. Fixed.
- In Company/Organizations details, the button to edit or display notes didn't work. Fixed.
- The options 'Money Received' and 'Sundry Payment' would not always allow the 'OK' button to be
clicked if the input fields were entered in a certain order. Fixed.
- The options 'Money Received' and 'Sundry Payment' would post transactions with no sales tax/VAT
element as being tax code 0. Where as they should have no tax code at all. Fixed.
- When setting up a new company/organization anytime in January, the financial year would always
default to the following calendar year instead of the current calendar year. Fixed.
v4.029 21st January 2012
- Customer details, a find sales tax/VAT code button has been added to the 'default/override
tax code' input field.
- Option added in the Help menu (at the bottom) to make it easy for users to report any bugs
they discover in the software.
- Purchase Orders, when an order is created, stock received, and then picked up on a supplier
invoice to build up the invoice, the stock item descriptions could vanish or get cut short.
It also restricted the Sales Tax/VAT codes on each item to one digit. Fixed.
- When importing stock items, if a prefix was specified for the SKU, it did not import all the
data fields into each stock record. If the import was re-run, it would then duplicate
stock items. Fixed.
- Entering supplier invoice when running the software in 'Level 1: Basic Level Functionality', if
the 'Find' screen is used to select the Sales Tax/VAT code, it wouldn't insert the selected
Sales Tax/VAT code into the invoice. Fixed.
- Entering supplier invoice when running the software in 'Level 1: Basic Level Functionality', if
the default currency for the supplier was not in the ledger currency, the correct currency was
not selected. Although different currencies are not available when running in 'Level 1', they
should still operate correctly as it's possible for some users to run in 'Level 1' and some in
'Level 2' on the same system. Fixed.
v4.028 19th January 2012
- When updating from Adminsoft Accounts v4.024 or an older version, any print or HTML layouts that
have been edited can not be automatically updated. However, due to changes in the way in which sales tax/VAT is
handled, some data fields on the old layouts are no longer valid. A message now appears during
the update to warn users they may have to edit any layouts they have previously edited.
- When viewing customer details (in Level 2), if the customer had a default/overriding sales tax/VAT
code set, every time the customer was viewed a diary entry would be created saying the code had
- Purchase Order created from stock item details, if the number of items in stock exceeded the
maximum (as given in the stock item details), the quantity ordered would be a minus figure. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders: when entering an item into the order that is not carried in stock, if the sales
tax/VAT code is only one digit, it would not be accepted unless a space was entered before the
- Purchase Orders: if the 'F' button was used to find a sales tax/VAT code, if the code selected
was two digits, only the first digit would be inserted into the P/O. Fixed.
- Supplier invoices, when creating an invoice by selecting items off Purchase Orders, the first 15
characters could get missed off the stock item code/description. It would also not display the
stock received history. Fixed.
v4.027 12th January 2012
Please note: if your software is v4.024 and older, and you update to v4.027 or later and you have edited any of the print or HTML layouts, you may need to replace some of the data fields after you have updated the software. This mainly affects invoices, estimates, and purchase orders, and is due to the change in sales tax/VAT.
- Sales Tax and VAT: There are now up to four different types of sales tax, and up to 100
tax codes, each containing a different rate of tax for each tax type. This is a BIG modification
that makes the sales tax/VAT facility flexible enough to handle sales tax anywhere in the World
(in theory!). Developed specifically with the USA and Canada in mind.
- Autocompete now available on many input fields. This is setup in the user details. So different
users can set it up as they wish, or not at all if they do not wish to use it.
- Each set of ledgers (company/organization) set now be set up to use data in a location other than
the default location.
- Option added to list full user access log (ie. for all users, not just individual users).
- The extra software modules AutoManager and Shop/Cafe Manager can now be selected at any time
(previously could only be selected during software installation). They are selected in the
company/organization details. The same also applies to payroll, which is currently United Kingdom
specific, and so you may or may not require.
- Stock Find button added to Receive Stock & Return Stock forms, and also on the various stock reports.
- Multiple SMTP host details used for email shots restricted the host to 50 characters, login names
and passwords to 15 characters each. These have been increased to 80, 40, and 20 characters
- When creating a P/O from stock item details, the P/O now defaults to the preferred supplier, or
the first supplier in the list if there's no preferred supplier, and automatically puts that item
on the first line. It also works out the quantity to order based on quantity in stock and the
maximum stock holding required. The details can all be edited if necessary.
- HTML Customer Statement layout can now show monthly balances, as per printed layouts.
- HTML Sales Invoice layout can now show the delivery address.
- If a sales invoice/credit note layout has transaction notes placed on it, it should print (even
though it says they are not for printing on the actual invoice/credit note input form), but didn't.
- Profit and Loss report: if reporting by department, or for more than one period, the 'This Period'
column does not report the correct figures (Year to Date is fine). Fixed.
- Payroll, when entering details for a new payslip, if the user clicked the button to view the
employees previous payslip, it didn't work. Fixed.
- If an Estimate or Proforma invoice is created,and there is insufficient stock, if stock is then
received, and the Estimate or Proforma converted into an Invoice, the Invoice still shows
insufficient stock. Fixed.
- Sales invoices: when a stock item is invoiced that carries a surcharge, the surcharge is automatically
added on the line below. But if the user then clicks back into the stock item code/details,
when they move out of that input field another surcharge is added. Fixed.
- Remittance Advices, software modified due to problems caused by the thousands and decimals
separator in some countries. The problem caused payments to be multiplied by 1,000. Fixed.
- When creating a Purchase Order, if the delivery address of another supplier is selected, the P/O
would end up being for that supplier, instead of the original supplier. Fixed.
- If a new cash/bank account was created from the 'Cash/Bank Accounts' option, it would not always
appear in the list of cash/bank accounts. Fixed.
- Tax types (for UK and other countries) not set up during creation of new company/organization. Only
USA and Canada worked OK. Fixed.
- Trial Balance report (and list) did not print all accounts in account code order. Fixed.
- When creating new customer or supplier accounts, if the user clicked into the list of stock
purchased, it would some times list stock items. This was erroneous data, which would not be
there when the new account details are saved. The same thing would happen with transactions
if the user clicked on the control to filter transaction type. Fixed.
v4.024 5th November 2011
- Customer Details (in Level 2), can now print list of stock purchased, delivery addresses,
contacts, proforma invoices, advice notes, estimates, saved transaction, recurring invoices,
letters/faxes/documents, disputes/quotes, and vehicles/equipment (when the AutoManager module
is in use).
- Customer Details report (in Level 2), can now print almost everything associated with the
account, including invoice/credit notes lines when printing transactions.
- Supplier Details (in Level 2), can now print list of stock supplied and list of P/O's. Also,
total number and value of P/O's raised for a supplier is now displayed.
- Aged Debtors report could give a different 'Overdue' figure to the Aged Debtor summary displayed
on screen, as it did not take unallocated payments or credit notes into account. Fixed.
- Supplier Details (in Level 2), can now print list of remittance advices, factors, contacts,
proforma invoices, letters/faxes/documents, disputes/quotes.
- Supplier Details report (in Level 2), can now print almost everything associated with the
account, including document (remittance, proforma, etc) lines if required.
- Saving screen/form images, will ask for location every time, defaulting to the last location used.
- When a new company/organization is entered, the system will now check to see if data already
exists for it, and if it does it will not attempt to create a new set of ledgers, but will use the
- Sales invoices/credits notes, proforma invoices and estimates can now print a longer sales tax/VAT
number. Also, the longer UK VAT code (EORI) doesn't produce a message suggesting it may be invalid.
- Sales Invoices/credits notes, proforma invoices and estimates, the 'Description/Stock Code' was
limited to 50 characters due to space restrictions, this has now been increased to the full 65.
- Sales Invoices, if a stock item is selected, any 'Extra Description' will now appear on the line
- Sales Invoices, costs can be adjusted, even if the item is a stock item. Adjustments will be
automatically applied to stock files where necessary.
- Layouts of invoices/credit notes, estimates, proforma invoices, delivery notes, and advice notes
now have the option of using one of two 'Description/Stock Code' data fields. The standard
length of 50 characters, or the full length of 65 characters.
- Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors on screen displays now have option not to show pence. Useful
if you are dealing with large numbers, as it can make the information clearer.
- When backing up to a ZIP file, if the folder containing the company/organization data contains a
sub-folder created by the user, the contents of that sub-folder get backed up too. When that
ZIP backup is restored, if the sub-folder no longer exists, files that were in the sub-folder
would get written into the company/organization data folder. If the sub-folder happened to
contain an old copy of the data, this would be a problem, as files in the sub-folder would be
restored after files in the main data folder, and so overwriting them. Fixed, if the sub-folder
no longer exists, any files that were in it are ignored.
- When printing Purchase Orders that have been raised in a currency other than the ledger's default
currency, the 'Price Each' still gets printed in the ledger currency. Fixed.
- Trial Balance and Profit and Loss reports can now be produced for a range of account periods, not
just one account period.
- The additional modules, AutoManager and CafeManager can now be used for free with no time out. Just
the same as the standard accounts system, our web site will be displayed up on exit, unless a
Software Registration Key is purchased.
- Sales and purchase daybook report can now be filtered by department.
- List 'All Transactions' options for sales and purchases can now be filtered by department.
- Print layouts are now updated when ever the software is update. Unless the layout has been edited
by the user, in which case it is left alone.
v4.021 15th October 2011
- Stock item details, increased width of price input fields to prevent any sideways scrolling when
large numbers are entered.
- Email shots to customers and suppliers can now be sent using multiple SMTP accounts.
- When a form was started up from a 'Find' form, perhaps to create a new code or a new account, the
'Find' form remained in the foreground, preventing easy access to the new form just started. This
problem crept into most 'Find' forms in v4.020. Fixed.
v4.020 8th October 2011
- Batched input of payments (customers and suppliers) now automatically allocate those payments
to outstanding transactions. This facility can be disabled if the user wishes.
- 'Print List' option added to most setup forms. So things like departments, sales analysis codes,
and so on can now all be printed out (or output to a chosen file format or print device).
- Purchase Orders, the user can now select in setup whether they want P/O numbers to be generated
as soon as the create P/O option is selected, or only when a P/O is printed/saved.
- Purchase Orders can now use predefined free text, selected using the F12 key (as per sales invoices).
- Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger, maximum number of current transactions was 500, if there were
more than 500, the outstanding/aged balances show would be incorrect. This current transaction limit
has been increase to 5,000, and in the event there are more than 5,000 , the outstanding/aged balances
will still show the correct value. Also, a maximum of 10,000 historical transactions (ie.
transactions with nothing outstanding) could be displayed, this has been increased to 65,000.
- Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger, current transactions had the same problem detailed above.
- Sales Estimates could only be converted into Invoices, there is now an option to convert into
Proforma if required.
- When creating a new Nominal Ledger (General Ledger) account, click on 'Save'. Everything is OK,
except the 'Notes' remain grayed out. This input field should be available. Fixed.
- The Defaults and Variables option for customers would not allow an account format to be set up. Fixed.
- The Defaults and Variables option for suppliers did not check to see if an account format entered
was valid. Fixed.
- Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger, selecting the print formats for Remittance Advices and Debit Notes
did not show all available formats, and did not always displayed the selected format. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, unit cost of items calculated to two decimal places rather than the intended four.
- Purchase Orders, order received showed a '0' in the sales tax/VAT column even if no entry on that
line (free text). Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, order received showed different colored backgrounds in input fields which looked
odd when free text was used. Fixed, background now all white.
- Purchase Orders, order received cursor didn't always follow a logical path when skipping through
input fields. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, when printed would show 0.00 in the 'Cost Each' and 'Amount' columns on blank lines
or lines containing free text. Fixed. Note, after updating existing installations, the user
must edit the print layout of the Purchase Orders, delete the 'Cost Each' and 'Amount' data items
and replace with the 'Cost Each' and 'Amount' data items from the 'Items on Order' section (tab
at the top of the form).
- Purchase Orders, when raised in a currency other than the ledger default currency, the 'Sell' price
of an item could sometimes be miscalculated (even though this remains in default currency). Fixed.
v4.019 7th September 2011
- Human Resources, Employee Details, the 'Position' and 'Reports to' data fields increased in
size from 20 characters to 30 characters.
- The print 'Statement' button on customer details defaulted to 'View HTML', this has now been
changed to default to 'PRINT' (which will select the default printer).
- When creating sales invoices, if the price 'Each' column was set to less than four decimal places,
when using discount or markup on cost, the amounts in the 'Amount' column could appear to be
out by a penny due to rounding issues. Fixed.
- Creating a sales credit note, if entering an item that is out of stock, a message would appear,
or depending on the settings, it may even prevent input of the item. Fixed.
- Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger, when creating a credit note, entering a stock item for which
there was no stock would still generate an 'out of stock' message, even though stock was being
- HR, in employee details, when creating an absence record or booking holidays, if the 'F' button
was used to select a date, the creation of the record was abandoned. Fixed.
- HR, in employee details, when entering a new employee, when details are saved and user clicked on
the 'Holidays/Absence' tab, the form displayed a page that was not cleared ready for data input. Fixed.
- Application installer misreported events in the installation log if it could not create the
'Adminsoft Accounts' folder, and reported some error messages. Fixed.
- When printing from a list, perhaps transactions, stock, etc. the selection of print devices under
the 'Print' button always left off the last device (often a PDF creator). Fixed.
v4.018 29th August 2011
- Stock Control/Inventory, Stock Sales Analysis report now has option to show total cost of sales
for each stock item.
- Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger, Sales Analysis codes can now contain the COGS account code
as well as the stock code. This allows you to set up any number of COGS accounts (previous only
one could exist). Both accounts must must be used in the Sales Analysis code for perpetual
inventory control. If the cost of an item is zero, or you're not invoicing from stock, the
stock and COGS accounts will be ignored.
- Backup and Restore options now check to make sure the source or destination folder/file
actually exist before enabling the backup/restore button.
- Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger, there is now an option to include Proforma Invoices on a
- Human Resources, the number of paid days holiday an employee has remaining is now displayed
in section where holidays are recorded/booked. In red if the employee has exceeded their
entitlement. Also, in the absence summary report, an asterisk will appear next to the paid
holidays figure if the employee has exceeded their entitlement.
- Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger, Advice Notes, Estimates, and Proforma's could not be printed
to print devices such as PDF file creators. Fixed.
- Maintain Users form: The 'Email user' button on the 'Email' page did not work. Fixed.
- Maintain Users form: When started from the start form (where you can select a set of ledgers)
if user maintenance was selected, and the toolbar creation form selected, the window did not
resize itself to fit the toolbar creation form. Fixed.
- Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger, payment transactions created from remittance advices did
not display the General/Nominal Ledger postings (although postings were made correctly). Fixed.
- Stock Control/Inventory, General Stock Report, if items listed in description order, some of the
totals for the item would not print. It also would not filter by purchase discount code or
purchase analysis code. Fixed.
- Aged Creditor and Debtor reports, when printing outstanding transactions, the column that should
have shown the amount outstanding for each transaction actually showed the transaction value. Fixed.
v4.017 20th August 2011
- Accounts Receivable/Sales Ledger, List ALL Transactions option now shows totals at the bottom.
- Nominal/General Ledger, when editing a journal entry, if one or more of the transactions have
appeared on a VAT/Sales Tax end of period report, the system will put up a warning message.
- When deleting a sales invoice, any items invoiced and taken out of stock are now put back
into stock. The reverse happens with a credit note.
- Nominal/General Ledger, when editing a journal entry, if the original transaction contained a
VAT/Sales Tax element, it would still appear in the VAT/Sales Tax period end report even if
all tax codes were removed during editing. Fixed.
v4.016 12th August 2011
- Facility added to create repeat/recurring sales invoices.
- Nominal/General Ledger - a version of the Trial Balance is now available that allows the user to
list the transactions for any account in the 'report'.
- Nominal/General Ledger - transactions can now be edited. A record (history) is kept of each edit.
- Can now delete contra transactions between customer and supplier accounts.
- Deleted transactions can now be permanently cleared out of the system up to a given date.
- Write Offs on both sales and purchase accounts did not insist user entered a VAT/Sales Tax code.
But if no code was entered, even if there was no VAT/Sales Tax amount, the VAT/Sales Tax period
end report would not include the write off transaction in the summary. The Write Off form now
insists a VAT/Sales Tax code is entered.
- Batch payments in both ledgers would post the wrong amounts if there was more than one currency
set up in the accounts system (for that company/organization). Fixed.
- Opening balances for suppliers when using the VAT/Sales Tax cash accounting scheme, all balances
over 999.99 would not be posted correctly. Fixed.
v4.015 2nd August 2011
- List 'Saved Invoices/Credits' in Accounts Receivable (Sales Ledger) menu now renamed to
'List Saved Transactions', which is more accurate as it also lists Proforma's, Advice Notes,
Debit Notes, and now also includes Estimates.
- When stock item quantity in stock falls to zero or less than zero, the total cost will now
always be zero.
- When Adminsoft Accounts is installed, or the software is updated, a text file called install.log
is created in the Adminsoft Accounts folder. This lists the basic operations performed, and any
problems encountered. This installation log can now easily be viewed by selecting the option
in the 'system' menu (off the 'Setup' menu).
- When creating a Purchase Order for a supplier that is not in the ledger base currency, the
Purchase Order still used the base currency instead of the currency specified in the suppliers
- Purchase Orders would not preview or print using HTML format. Fixed.
- Several users have reported error messages on startup saying vfpcompression.fll is invalid.
It seems some Windows installations do not contain the file msvcp71.dll. This is now included
with Adminsoft Accounts.
- If the accounts system was started up and a company/organization backed up off the main start
up form, without actually going into the company/organization's ledgers, the code for the
selected company/organization would not be saved. Also, if a user did go into a company/organization
and then went back to the main start form and selected a different company/organization and
backed that up, the wrong code would be saved. This had the effect of some backups not appearing
to be recorded in the backup log, and some backups in the log being attributed to the wrong
v4.014 22nd July 2011
- Bank reconciliation improved substantially. Screen now shows total paid in, paid out, reconciled,
unreconciled, and allows user to enter a temporary opening balance.
- Purchase Orders and Purchase Invoices: currency now displayed (if not in the ledger base currency)
in red next to the total value, the same as on Sales Invoices.
- Sales Invoices can now be set to not quit after printing & posting.
- Record locking improved, when a major record such as account or stock item details is locked,
it will tell the user when it was locked and who locked it.
- Sales Invoices, when invoicing from stock, and Purchase Orders, could display incorrect prices
when operating in a currency other than the ledgers base currency. Fixed.
- When receiving goods into stock, if the quantity in stock was a negative figure, the total cost
of stock could be miscalculated. Fixed.
- Payroll history is no longer showing, this bug possibly crept in around v4.010. Fixed.
- Purchase Order Processing: Defaults and Variables only showed one print format to select from. Suspect this bug appeared when HTML formatted output was introduced (v4.009 back in June'11). Fixed.
- Sales tax/VAT period end processing, if the next period end date was invalid, users could not exit
the form until a correct date was entered. Fixed.
v4.012 12th July 2011
- If user details are set to display a web page in the background, but no URL has been supplied, it
will default to Adminsoft's web site.
- When the accounts system was started up from a desktop icon or the Windows Start menu, it could
not locate it's library. This would sometimes result in an error message, it would always
prevent the ZIP file backup from working. This library was a new file introduced in v4.010 Fixed.
v4.011 11th July 2011
- Option added to allow users to select what action the system should take if there is insufficient
stock during sales invoicing. Options are: ignore, warn user, or prevent sale.
- If a Software Registration Key has already been entered into the accounts system, it is now
possible to enter a different one in order to upgrade. Previously, upgrading the software
required the user to email a file to Adminsoft, which was then modified and emailed back.
- When clicking the 'F' button in some locations to search for a Nominal/General Ledger account
code, it's context sensitive, and so often only specific types of account will be listed.
This can make things easier of those people unfamiliar with Nominal/General Ledger, but can
sometimes be a problem. So when the list is not a full list of accounts, an option will now
appear at the bottom 'Show ALL accounts' that does exactly that.
- Perpetual Inventory accounting is now an option. A Nominal/General Ledger account can be specified
for Cost of Goods Sold, and each Sales Analysis code can have a stock account associated with it.
- Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable: Write off transaction postings to the Nominal/General Ledger
were the wrong way around (debit & credit reversed). Fixed.
- Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable: Locate Transaction option would only accept numbers in the
'Reference' input field. Fixed.
- Sales invoices, when invoicing from stock, if a stock item had 'OK to sell' set to 'N', it
still allowed the item to be sold. Fixed.
- Sales invoices, credit notes, proforma, and estimates: when copied and they contained stock
items, the item costs could sometimes get messed up. Fixed. Also, they no longer do a straight
copy of costs, but re-cost all stock items, as costs may well have changed since the original
document was created.
- eMail Shot option: still didn't include all customers or suppliers. If their name started
with a lower case letter, they got left out. Fixed.
- Nominal/General Ledger: When setting up a new company/organization, and a new set of ledgers
created, the system will automatically create a small number of accounts. Each account has a
unique reference number. This did not function correctly, and so when users started creating
their own accounts, they got cross linked with existing accounts. Fixed.
- Document layouts: there is now a minimum size that most objects can be set to. This is avoid the
situation when a user sets an object height and width to 1, and then can no longer find it!
v4.010 25th June 2011
- Backups can now be to a ZIP file, with an option to email the ZIP file. The original option that
copies each individual file into a folder remains. Restore can be from individual files as before,
or from a ZIP file.
- Option added that lists all backups and restores made to company/organization data or system/layout
- HTML documents: if no transaction data, one line would often get displayed, usually from a previous
- eMail Shot option: often would not automatically build up list of customers or suppliers as per
the selection criteria. Due to problem with telephone numbers. Fixed.
- Report output to OpenOffice Calc reported values of 1,000 or over incorrectly. Fixed.
- Email was not taking it's smtp settings from user details (if any set up there), but always
took them from the company/organization settings instead. Fixed.
v4.009 18th June 2011
- Allows output of forms like invoices, statements, using HTML templates. Uses place holders to
position data. These templates are used when outputting to email or HTML file. Place holders
use &'s in the HTML code. So for example customer name would be &customername& Some place
holders for transaction line details (or transactions with Statements and Remittance Advices)
are 'repeater' fields. Automatically repeating until all required data has been output.
- Report Layouts: text data that was too long for the size of the data field got truncated to the
nearest word. This has now been changed so it truncates to the nearest character, and then
prints ellipsis (...) to show there is more data than can be seen. Also, each data field can
be set in the layout to truncate to the nearest character or word, or with or without an ellipsis.
- The 'Getting Started' form seen when the accounts system is first installed, now remains until the
user specifically sets it not to re-appear. It also contains most options necessary for the basic
set up of the accounts system, and entering opening balances. As well as detailed instructions
and advice on how to get going. Should make getting started quicker and easier.
- When the software is installed or updated, one of the first things the accounts software does when
it starts up is to check the file structures in the 'system' folder and change where necessary,
then create new index files. This takes place before any forms are displayed for user interaction. It helps to smooth the software update process.
- Nominal/General Ledger reports when output to Excel are now formatted better.
- Nominal/General Ledger: when entering journals the help text said a description for the batch
was not mandatory, when in fact it was. The text has been changed. Also, if a batch was entered
and a description or department code entered afterwards, the print and post buttons remained
greyed out. Fixed.
- Nominal/General Ledger no longer insists on an account having a 'Report Group' code. As some
accounts should not appear in P&L or Balance Sheet reports. But it will display a message
alerting the user, as MOST accounts should appear one of these reports.
- Database Fixing option, Correcting General Stock is now more comprehensive. Checks are correcting
a much wider range of possible anomalies in the data. There was also a bug that could sometimes
put the routine into an infinite loop, this is now fixed.
- In printed layouts, when using a font other than Courier New, and especially if using right
justification, the @Z format can appear to the left of the number when previewed or printed out.
- Document layout editing: would allow any data object to be placed in any section of a document.
Potentially causing some strange problems! Data objects are now limited to the document section
for which they were intended.
- Reports and documents can now be output to Open Office Writer and Calc.
- Facility added to allow discount % in sales invoices/credit notes to be rounded to nearest 1%,
.5%, .25%, .1%, or not rounded at all. The discount % is calculated at the time the invoice
is printed/viewed, and is not necessarily quite the same as any discount in the sales discount code
file due to possible rounding errors and quantity breaks. Hence this facility to control the
rounding, if required. Note: in HTML layouts, only the necessary decimal places will be
displayed (none if the rounding is to the nearest 1%), but the print layouts will always
show two decimal places regardless of whether they are required. For example, if 5.71% was
rounded to the nearest .5%, it would print as 5.50% Where as in an HTML document it would
display as 5.5%
- Printers that had a name starting with a backslash (usually networked printers) would be greyed
out in the list of printers, and selection would not be possible. Fixed.
- Nominal/General Ledger, journal entry. Print batch now includes the posting number.
- Stock Control, stock data import, if there are any data fields in the imported data that are not
required, user can now specify them as blank. They will then be ignored.
- Users can select a back ground called 'Adminsoft Accounts user page' which will display Adminsofts
web page in the accounts system background. If this option is used, when the application exits
it will not fire up the users browser.
- Backup & restore options now create a log of any backups/restores made. When restoring data, the
user can list all backup locations and select one. Very useful for those users that backup to a
different folder each time, or rotate folders.
- VAT/sales tax period end: when running a report for previous VAT/sales tax period end, transactions
that had been deleted in the Nominal/General Ledger since the VAT/sales tax end was run did not
appear in the report. Fixed.
- VAT/sales tax period end: when 'undoing' last VAT/sales tax period end, the Nominal/General Ledger
transactions were not processed (ie. 'undone'). Fixed.
- Nominal/General Ledger would allow transactions to be deleted even if they had been processed for
a VAT/sales tax period end. Fixed.
- Document Layouts: user can now add notes about the layout. These notes do not get printed out
on the document itself. But they do go with the layout if exported.
- Document Layouts: Import/Export only now uses one file, with the extension .LYT, and not two files
(.FRX and .FRT) as before. This is in readiness for a new section on the web site that will
allow print and HTML document layouts to be exchanged between users.
- Option added to enter opening balances into cash/bank accounts.
- The 'Getting Started' form seen when the accounts system is first installed, now remains until the
user specifically sets it not to re-appear. It also contains most options necessary for the basic
set up of the accounts system, and entering opening balances. As well as detailed instructions
and advice on how to get going. Should make getting started quicker and easier.
- Importing purchase transactions: all payments were posted to the default bank account set up for
sales, instead of the default account set up for purchases. Fixed.
- Stock Control - Can now delete file import definitions.
- Stock Control - File import had numerous issues. This section has now been redeveloped so it's
more like the general supplier/customer details and transactions import routines. It's now
easier to use and more reliable.
v4.006 18th April 2011
- Added form providing details of the International Association of Bookkeepers and the International
Association of Accounting Professionals.
- When updating the accounts software, it can sometimes produce a message reporting missing files
(or similar) when starting up, before it has had chance to update the database structures. Fixed.
- Find facility added to the report view function. This can search a report forwards or backwards,
case sensitivity is user selectable.
- Users can now copy lines out of the report viewer by using the mouse cursor to highlight one or
more lines then Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard.
- Record locking: Record locks older than 12 hours are now ignored.
- Receiving payments: as well as handling a commission, they can now handle a transaction fee. This
has been necessary to handle PayPal payments.
- Refunding customers: the commission was not reversed. Fixed.
v4.005 9th April 2011
- Stock Control, sales discount, markup on cost not working properly when stock item price is
inclusive of VAT/sales tax. Fixed.
- When mouse cursor goes over a button or link that brings up a web page, the cursor takes the
form of a hand. This is the same kind of behavior seen on web pages, so the user knows it's
a web link.
- In Level 1: P/L invoice does not show the N/L posting number. Fixed.
- In Level 1: P/L invoice VAT column is different color to other columns when user defined
colors are used. Fixed.
- In Level 1: P/L invoice, should be able to change the payment due date, but it's greyed out. Fixed.
- Payroll, P35 and P60 reports included tax & NI figures from payslips that had been created but
not paid/processed. Fixed.
- Payroll, when a payslip is created but not paid, if the payroll moves on to next period, the
payslip can no longer be paid/processed. Although it still exists, it is ignored.
- Customer Purchase Order reference in sales invoices increased width from 15 characters to 20.
- Aged creditors and debtors reports, including transactions, now show the payment due date
for each invoice.
- Stock Control, could not add a new stock item when database was empty, unless the accounts
system was re-index first. Fixed.
- Index files are now compact, so data access is very slightly faster.
- Added option providing details of the book by Yogesh Patel called 'Free Accounting with Free Software'. This book is about basic accounting, based on Adminsoft Accounts.
v4.004 4th April 2011
- P/L & P/
- When a supplier invoice is created from a P/O, and the invoice subsequently deleted,
the P/O is still flagged as 'invoiced', and can not be re-invoiced. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, Item Received history also now shows invoice history, with link to invoice details.
- P/L invoice/credit note form, added a lot more help text when user moves mouse cursor over objects.
- Employee details, Map, Label, Clipboard, Image, and Print buttons were almost always greyed out. Fixed.
- Adminsoft Accounts folder is now always installed in C:\Program Files (unless the user chooses
otherwise), regardless of Windows version.
- Sales discount 'markup on cost' was not using default set up in stock control if no sales discount
code in the stock item details. Fixed.
- Payroll, NIC's, have removed the band Earnings Threshold, and replaced with Secondary Threshold,
Primary Threshold, and Upper Accrual Point.
- From v4.000 the data update was not working when the database structure was updated. Fixed.
- When re-index system files, it will now check and report if any of these files are missing.
v4.003 28th March 2011
- Changed advert text on documents from "FREE Accounts Software: www.adminsoftware.biz" to
"Accounts software from www.adminsoftware.biz"
- Document layouts: if the size of the layout was reduced the advert could vanish. This has now
been changed so the advert always stays in the bottom right hand corner. Applies to Freeware only.
v4.002 28th March 2011
- Error Log was only height re-sizeable, now width re-sizeable.
- N/L, enter journals, possible to enter a batch, 'posting' button greyed out, click on 'OK', and
the form just quits. Have now changed it so it will always ask first, Allow user option of
posting if the batch is OK, or ask whether they want to quit if the batch is ready for posting.
- S/L, invoices, the description input field needs to be wider At the moment, users find it difficult
to gauge how much space they have available. Fixed by allowing the invoice form to be dragged
wider, there is also a setup option to default the form to be wider.
- The background color does not want to change, even after restarting the application Fixed.
- Reports ignore printer selection. Worked OK for selecting View, Excel, etc. But would not
select devices such a Fax, or PDF file generator. Fixed. Problem due to FoxPro storing details of my printer
in the report definition file ap_report.frx
- Payroll: when creating first period for a new payroll, it selected wrong period end date and
would not allow user to correct it. Both problems fixed.
v4.001 23rd March 2011
- Suggested by user: In backup, it would be better after backing up for the form to remain, saying
what it has just done, and indicating if successful. Also, when backing up system, it copied
files into selected folder, but also created two folders in there that were empty? Fixed.
- Suggested by user: In S/L when creating a new invoice for new client, bring up inv form, then type
in customer a/c code you wish to use. Find form then comes up, and you click 'New'. The system now remembers the a/c code that had been typed in and uses it for the new a/c.
- Loading up saved invoices in S/L caused a message to appear saying quantity too large. Fixed.
- Employee details, employee status had 'Divorced' and 'Widowed' spelt wrong. Fixed.
- Employee details, payroll page, user got trapped in 'Tax Code' input field if they don't know
any valid UK tax codes. Fixed.
- Setting up a company/organization, if the country was USA or Canada, the state or province was
not checked for validity (to enabled 'OK' button) until user pressed Enter or Tab on the keyboard
when the cursor had gone to the top of the form. Fixed.
- Install screen, entering users details for registration, if user entered an invalid country, they
could not click 'Cancel' to exit the application until they entered a valid country. Fixed.
v4.000 19th March 2011
- Setup Users, paginate the user details, pages: Security, Appearance, Email, General.
Included SMTP login & password stuff in here to override the main setup. Can also specify
Outlook or Chilkat email.
- When creating a new set of ledgers:
- S/L Defaults & Variables. Next Delivery Address Number is 0, should be 1
- S/L Defaults & Variables. Customer name/address upper case only is blank, should be 'N'
- P/L Defaults & Variabels, Next Factor Number and Next Contact Number start at 0 instead of 1
- P/L Defaults & Variabels, Supplier name/address upper case only is blank, should be 'N'
- N/L Defaults & Variables. Asset Types: 'Asset A/c', 'Depn Debits', 'Depn Credits' all blank?
- S/C Defaults & Variables. Next Movement Header & Next Stock Item Number both 0, should be 1
- N/L Next Account number is set to 0, it should take into the accounts automatically created.
- N/L P&L & B/S report types: Cost of Sales should be an 'expense'. Fixed.
- Cash Accounting scheme: Need to be able to select individually for S/L and P/L to allow for
'hybrid' cash accounting schemes.
- N/L inputting new account. If details not all correct, user should be warned when they click
on 'OK' button. As they think the account has been saved when it has not.
- Once a payroll has been created, it can not be deleted? Fixed.
- Change code facility added: payment types, departments, currency, sales analysis codes, and purchase
- S/L and P/L: bring up account details, then without entering anything or clicking any where on the
form, click away onto another form and the 'find account' form pops up? Fixed.
- Backups: options for backing up layouts and system.
- Report listing Special Prices for all stock items & all customers.
- Improved look of bar graphs (better arrows, more vertical graph lines that are now accurate placed).
- What about voiding invoices created in error? So they remain in the customers list of transactions,
but all N/L postings are deleted, and they have no bearing on turnover/tax figures. Would be a
better option than deleting? Alternatively, what about an option to show deleted transactions
in the customers list of transactions? May be a better idea? Would be easy to do.
Can now show deleted trans in an account.
- When sending out single emails, it is now selectable: Chilkat (Adminsoft Accounts built in email system) or Outlook, depending on the users settings.
- Need to add totals to most lists of transactions.
- Layouts, prevents user entering invalid numeric field formats, such as "999,999.00"
- No longer restricted to using codepage 1252, although an external config.fpw can be created
containing codepage=1252 to over ride the internal file. NOTE: THIS OPTION WITHDRAWN LATER.
- Added procedures for performing screen and form dumps.
- Make most forms vertically resizeable, some horizontally resizeable
- Make all modeless forms closeable from top right hand corner.
- Can set an Accounting System date, instead of it using the computer date.
Applies to transaction dates ONLY.
- Can to edit more items in 'Change Transaction Details'. These include:
outstanding amount, date appeared on VAT/tax period end.
- Time access restriction on user login details. Also prevent access on certain days.
- N/L setup periods, when a period is created or saved, the year start & end dates, and perhaps other
period related stuff, are all re-calculated and then re-displayed.
- Fixed size of all forms that should not be resizeable.
- Fixed minimum height & width on resizeable forms to prevent user making them too small.
- Allowed delivery addresses to be created from invoice screen.
- Stock report, that for any given date will show how many items were in stock. Could make this
more sophisticated by printing for a given period, then it could show stock movement for the
period, with opening and closing stock levels.
- S/L, when invoicing based on cost use the last cost entered on the system (or alternative as defined by user)
rather than an average as it does now. ie. user now has option of FIFO, LIFO, average, or cost LIST.
- Sorted out the display color setup.
- S/L, P/L, and S/C main account screens keep flashing up Find list even when a record is already
- New valid/find routines for em_employee_details. As per SL & PL account details.
© 2018 Adminsoft Ltd.
2018-10-24 Wednesday: How safe is your data? I don't mean the data you hold about other people or organizations, I mean the data that's held about you. Things like postal address, date of birth, political leanings, sexual orientation, bank details............