Software Changes Log
From v4.000 I have tried to keep a log of most of the changes and bug fixes made to the software. There will be many very minor changes/fixes not detailed. As always, time is at a premium, so it is not possible to record everything. But hopefully, for users who need to know what's changed, and when, this log will be of help.
You should be aware, not every software version mentioned here was made available for public download. But of course all the changes/fixes are accumulative, so if a software version is not available, all the changes/fixes in that version will be in the later versions. Also, for the sake of speed, the ledgers are sometimes referred to as S/L (Sales Ledger, Accounts Receivable), P/L (Purchase Ledger, Accounts Payable), and N/L (Nominal Ledger, General Ledger).
v4.249 2nd November 2022
- Sales Daybook Report: the user can now select a number of extra transaction data items to print.
- Sales Invoices: two extra settings have been added to assist when entering invoices, warn the user if the
item cost is zero, or below zero, and warn user if a cost could not be found using the selected cost
method (which means the cost may not be correct, this can happen when there is no stock). By default,
bth these settings are disabled, and so to use them you need to enable them in the Settings option.
- Sales Invoices: there is now a setting that will allow the invoice to be allocated to a payment straight
after posting. If the 'Print & Post' button in the invoice is selected, the allocation takes place before
the invoice is printed, allowing any 'PAID' type data fields in the invoice layout to be printed.
- General Stock Report: the last cost price (LAST) can now be selected in th list of possible output fields.
- New data field added into the Customer Statement HTML layout. This will display the extra description
in a transaction, or if it does not contain any text, it will use the transactions regular description.
- A new report has been added to Inventory/Stock Control. Stock Item Cost Analysis, which will list the
FIFO, LIFO, AVCO, LIST and LAST costs for each stock item.
- United Kingdom, Payroll: new NI rates, plus directors now have their own NI table due to different NI
rates and a couple of different thresholds.
- The toolbar now includes some options for Sales Prospecting and Sales Order Processing.
- Importing POS Data: the new input field for sales invoices, 'extra description' now added to the list
of available data fields for import.
- When looking at the details of a stock movement record, there is a new button 'Source of Cost' that
will display the cost method/s used to obtain the stock item cost. Note: this will only work for
any stock movements generated after installing v4.249.
- Shop/Cafe Manager: when making a sale quanties can now be entered to two decimal places. This needs to
be enabled in the Settings option.
- When a stock movement record is deleted or edited (as a result of editing a sales or purchase invoice),
a history is now maintained of the data prior to the delete/edit. An edit history can be viewed from
the stock movement details option, and from the 'Movement History' button in stock item details. From
that option, deleted stock movement records can be recovered.
- United Kingdom, VAT Cash Accounting Scheme now has an option to automatically report and process payments
made/received in advance in the VAT Period End. It will be enabled in new installations, but in existing
installations it will need to be enabled in the Nominal Ledger Settings option.
- Purchase Invoices: the small version of the invoice had a tabbing issue. In that when an invoice was
entered from new, the cursor would go into the 'Tax Dat' input field, but from there jump inot the
'Description' input field, instead of the next input field down which is 'Suppliers Ref'. Fixed.
- The autocomplete facility (that makes suggestions as users type into an input field) did not work for
about half of the possible input fields that can use it. Fixed. (this facility needs to be enabled,
the option is 'Setup Input Field Autocomplete' in the Adminsoft Accounts user details)
- In the Money Paid Out option, if 'Add Account to List' was selected, when an account in the the list was
clicked, a 'Y' did not appear next to it. Which has lead to some confusion. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only: Payroll, submitting an NI Verification would fail if the Corporation Tax Reference
in RTI settings actually contained a tax reference. It would also always fail in TEST mode. Fixed.
- AutoManager, PartsCounter: if the mouse cursor ran over the column headers above the list of stock items,
some options on the page may select the wrong stock item. Fixed.
- Customer transaction: Refund, when edited, if the amount of the refund was changed, it saved the original
amount and not the new value. Fixed.
- Sales Proforma Invoices, Advice Notes, and Estimates (created from customer account) when being created, the
'Print Only' button would not output to all available options (including Excel and NotePad). Fixed.
- When entering a Sales Invoice, if the system is set to not allow a stock item to be sold if there is
insufficient quantity in stock, if such an item was entered, the cursor could get stuck in the Sales
Analysis and Sales Tax/VAT code input fields - forcing the user to enter a value in order to get back
to the find button or description of item input field. Fixed.
- The 'Map' button to display the location of a prospect, customer or supplier stopped working for the USA and
some other countries. This has now been fixed, sort of. United States, Canada and United Kingdom all use
Google Maps (if there's a postcode/ZIP code, else OpenStreetMap wil be used), all other countries use OpenStreeMap.
I'm afraid not all countries are covered.
- Sales Order Processing: the Orders by Employee Analysis option, when the list was printed, the monthly column
totals would all be the same as the first column. Fixed.
v4.247 13th September 2022
- Sales Invoices, Proformas, Advice Notes, and Estimates (from the customer account): when entering text into
the 'Stock Code or Description' input column, the software can now display a list of stock items, based on
what has been typed in. An item can be selected, saving time having to enter the whole stock code. To use this
facility, it needs to be enabled: Setup -> A/c Receivable (or Sales Ledger) -> Settings -> Miscellaneous2
- Sales Invoices, Proformas and Estimates (from the customer account) can now have images selected for printing
(in both print/PDF and HTML type documents, the image fields must be in the layout). The images can come from
stock items selected in the invoice, or from images that have been scanned in, or otherwise acquired.
- Stock Control/Inventory: The Price List report can now filter stock items by price.
- The 'Money Received' and 'Money Paid Out' options (for single accounts), now have a 'Post' button. This allows
a transaction to be posted, and the window cleared ready for another one.
- Sales Prospecting: stock item images can now be selected for printing in estimates (both single and multi product).
- An option has been added into the 'Common / Year End Transactions' option in the General Ledger
(Nominal Ledger) to enter the figures generated by a 3rd party payroll. Unless you're a bookkeeping
expert, entering the payroll figures can be difficult, this new option makes it a lot easier.
- A Sales Order Processing order/job number can now be added to a new Sales Invoice or Credit Note when
not being raised from the order/job itself. It can also be added or edited when a sales Invoice or Credit
Note is being edited.
- YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, SnapChat and Reddit have been added to the Alternative Communication list.
- AutoManager, Parts Counter: the space for bin locations was only displaying up to about seven and a half
characters. This has been increased to show the full ten characters.
- The 'Description' input field in the payment and receipt options in General Ledger (Nominal Ledger), now
uses autocomplete. This is a facility that displays previously entered text as the user types, allowing
her/him to select some previously entered text (by double clicking on it in the list).
- United Kingdom only: If a VAT period end is processed without submitting a VAT Return, it is now possible to
submit the VAT Return from the option 'Old Value Added Tax Period End Reports' located in the 'Reports'
section of the Nominal Ledger drop down menu.
- When entering purchase transactions using the 'Invoice Receipt' option in the supplier account, if a payment
was included, it would be allocated using the date the transaction was entered. It now defaults to using the
tax date of the transaction (important to those using a Sales Tax/VAT Cash Accounting scheme). There is the
option to use 'to days' date instead, if required.
- It is now possible to create recurring reminders, for both general reminders and account specific.
- General Ledger/Nominal Ledger: when creating a new account, if 8 characters were entered for the
new account code, or you entered less characters and tabbed or pressed the Enter key to move into
the next field, when moving the mouse cursor to select the account type, a small window would appear
asking you to enter the account type. Fixed.
- Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet): if some department codes started with a number (which
should be perfectly fine), the input field for the department on the left hand side of the window would
not always work properly. Sometimes selecting a random department. Fixed.
- Editing print/PDF document layouts: when loading an Estimate for Sales Prospecting, any image fields
could be lost, in that they would stop working unless data objects were replaced. Fixed.
- Editing print/PDF document layouts: some data objects when dragged onto the layout would appear off
to the left hand side of where the mouse cursor stopped, or may not appear at all as they were outside
the boundary of the layout. Fixed.
- Sales Order Processing: only one user could view a sales Order/Job at any one time. If a second user
attempted to access the same Order/Job, it would say it was locked and exit the window. Fixed.
v4.246 3rd August 2022
- Viewing HTML documents now offers some more options, including controlling the print settings. This will
allow you to remove the header and footer information that currently gets printed on each page. It also
allows you to view in your default web browser and to print from your default web browser.
- When a customer account status is set to 'Stopped', this should prevent some transactions such an invoices
from being raised (subject to settings), but in practice it could be circumvented. Security has
now been tightened up to prevent this.
- The Debtors Control option and Aged Debtors Summary report both now have an option to produce an aged
analysis based on the payment due date.
- Most lists off the main menu in Sales Prospecting, Sales Order Processing, Account Receivable (Sales
Ledger), Account Payable (Purchase Ledger), and Stock Control/Inventory can now have default 'From'
and 'To' dates set up in their respective Settings options.
- In the employee details, the input field 'sex' now includes 'none binary' in some countries (Argentina,
Australia, India, South Africa). If you require none binary as an option, but it is not available, you
can make it available by changing a setting in the country/region details. To do this, select 'Setup'
on the top menu bar, go down to 'System', and select the option 'Setup country/region data'.
- General Ledger (Nominal Ledger) now has a General Import option. This can import journals via a CVS file
using file/field definitions that can be saved.
- Most windows that list data, allow you to run a report, or just have perhaps one active input field, can
now be closed by pressing the Escape key on your keyboard.
- In the HTML layout for customer statements, there is a new data field &CustomerNotOdue& that will display
the total value of transactions that are current, but not overdue.
- Sales Invoices (when system is in 'Level 2', the default) can now have an extra description entered (just
below 'Notes' in the 'Details' section). This can appear in documents, but HTML only at this time.
- When using the option in the 'Reports' menu to output customer statements. If the statements were output to
'HTML (View)', each window that appeared for each customer would only show the first statement. Fixed.
- When importing POS data into Accounts Receivable (Sales Ledger), if the user specified a string field
delimiter, the last record in the import file would be ignored. This was a known issue, as explained in
the Help text for that option. The issue is now fixed
- When the font size within Adminsoft Accounts was increased above the standard size, some windows that
would automatically resize when a button or arrow is clicked, did not resize properly. Fixed. Also,
the resizing of windows has been improved generally.
v4.245 15th July 2022
- The 'Cash / Bank Accounts' option that lists each cash/bank account along with the balances, now also
lists the last date a transaction was posted to the account, and the balance of any remittance advices
due to be paid from each account.
- Purchase Order Processing: When creating a new P/O, if 'Print Preview' is selected, when the P/O is
printed, it will use the P/O reference number (if the option to generate a new P/O number when selecting
the create P/O option has been enabled). This allows a user to continually refine the items on a P/O,
perhaps sending their supplier copies of the P/O, until it has the required items on it. Then it can be
placed 'On Order'.
- Creditors Control option (including the option to print the Creditors Control), now has an option to
only display balances that are less than a given number of days old (stipulated by the user).
- Sales Prospecting and Sales Order Processing can now handle overall discounts on estimates and orders/jobs.
- Sales Order Processing now handles the reserving of stock items. This can be set to automatic, where
every stock item (for which the quantity is controlled) has some stock reserved, or manual, where the
user has to select certain items they wish to reserve.
- Import Customers, Suppliers & Transactions: if sales transactions are imported without any reference,
then 'Imported' is written into the reference field. If purchase transactions are imported without
any reference, then 'Import' plus the record number is written into the reference field.
- Import Customers, Suppliers & Transactions: if an import file was selected and the filename was in
lowercase, the software may display a message saying the file was the wrong type. Fixed.
- Import Customers, Suppliers & Transactions: importing CSV files in the 'Sales Transactions' or
'Purchase Transactions' sections, would not allow character fields to be delimited with quote marks.
- Import Customers, Suppliers & Transactions: when importing transactions, if the user was required to
select a Payment Type Code, the import would fail. Fixed.
- Stock item details: in the 'Purchases' section, if the option 'List in Cost Each order' was selected,
it was no longer possible to use the 'Supplier Details' or 'Original Transaction' buttons. Fixed.
v4.242 7th June 2022
- Payroll: When setting up a new payroll, it was possible to create the first pay period with no period
end date. This could cause problems later on, especially a the tax ear end. Fixed. Although the fix
is not retrospective, any payroll with no period end date needs a period end date entering.
- Sales Order Processing: whether the 'Book Out of Stock' and 'Items Delivered to Customer' or a sales
invoice book items out of stock is now selectable in settings only. This is to avoid booking stock out
- Sales Order Processing: options 'Book Out of Stock' and 'Items Delivered to Customer' - will now book
out items in both the charges and costs section. Provided the items are linked. Charges and cost items
can be linked manually in the charges or cost items details, they are also linked automatically when
one of the 'Copy cost ..' options is used. Any links created in an estimate get carried over to an order/job.
- Sales Order Processing: the print/PDF Sales Order Confirmation layout now has a data field for printing
the customers Purchase Order reference.
- General/Nominal Ledger: in the "Enter Transaction / Journals" option it was possible to enter a debit or
credit amount into a line in which the account code was invalid, and would then allow the transaction to
be posted. Fixed.
- Sales Order Processing: Sales Invoice doesn't show the SKU, only the stock item description. Fixed.
- Sales Order Processing: options 'Book Out of Stock' and 'Items Delivered to Customer' - the output option
shown for the Delivery Note is 'View (PDF)', but it would sometimes use 'View (Text)' instead. Fixed.
- Sales Order Processing: options 'Book Out of Stock' and 'Items Delivered to Customer' - the mouse wheel
scrolling didn't work, also input fields in the 'Delivered' or 'Received' columns were active on lines
where there were no items. Fixed.
- In the "Database - Fix" option, the option to fix stock/inventory would sometimes get into a loop and
not complete the operation. The only way to get out was to end the application using Windows Task
- In the "Database - Fix" option, the "Fix P/O related Stock Data" button didn't do anything. Fixed.
v4.241 18th May 2022
- Cash/bank statement report: there is now an option to print a wide and extra wide version. The software
will ask the question when the report button is clicked.
- United Kingdom only - Payroll: When sending an EPS with a figure for CIS deductions suffered. The EPS
would be rejected. Fixed. A valid Corporation Tax number must be provided in the payroll RTI settings.
- United Kingdom only - VAT Period End: the option 'VAT due on tax date' available in VAT code details when
using the VAT Cash Accounting scheme, did not work properly if a payment was allocated to the Invoice or
Credit Note. Fixed.
v4.240 4th May 2022
- The 'Print List' button in many lists now has the option to output the list into Microsoft Excel
or OpenOffice Calc.
- Customer statements: some new data fields and commands have been added to the HTML layouts which
allow for the production of more sophisticated statements.
- Sales Prospecting and Sales Order Processing: the next estimate and sales order/job numbers can
now be edited.
- Sales Order Processing: invoices (and credit notes) can be allocated to an order/job via the 'Orders/Jobs
Not Invoiced' option in the 'Lists' section of the Sales Order Processing drop down menu.
- Purchase Invoices: When adding items to an invoice form a P/O, you can now opt to use either the quantity
received or the quantity on order.
- The Trading Report now has extra options for printing a wide version (to handle larger numbers) and for
printing decimal places.
- Purchase Invoices: When adding items to an invoice from a P/O, if an item was edited, the software could
forget it came from a P/O (even though the P/O reference would still be displayed on the right hand side)
and update the stock if the 'Allow stock update' setting was ticked (items from a P/O should never update
stock from an invoice). Fixed.
- When using any of the 'Money Received' or 'Money Paid Out' options, if the 'List accounts in description
order' setting was changed part way through entering the transaction, amounts could get posted to the
wrong bank account. Fixed.
- When undoing a Sales TAX/VAT period end, the purchase transactions were not fully undone. This meant when
the Sales Tax/VAT period end was run again, the purchase transactions would double up. Fixed.
- Sales Prospecting: estimates for multiple products/quantities would not take the costs from
stock control when estimating stock items. Fixed.
- Sales Prospecting: estimates for multiple products/quantities, when the find button was clicked
for the Sales Analysis codes, it listed Purchase Analysis codes. Fixed.
- Sales Order Processing: the PDF/print version of the Order Confirmation would not print the customer
account details. Fixed.
- Sales Order Processing: the 'order not invoiced' list did not add up the list of invoice values correctly,
it only showed the value of the last invoice. Fixed.
- Sales Order Processing: when booking items out, the delivery note would not pickup the correct address if
there was no prospect associated with the order/job. Fixed.
v4.239 7th April 2022
- New modules: Sales Prospecting and Sales Order Processing are now available. They will be
automatically enabled when you update the software. If required, they can be disabled in the
company/organization details window (from the Adminsoft Accounts start up window). There are
free user guides available to download from the web site. Sorry, but those using the software
for free will not be able to access these new modules.
- There is a new option 'Common / Year End Transactions' that makes it much easier to post into
a retained profit account, and handle things like dividends and payment of Corporation Tax.
- The Daybook reports for both sales and purchases, and the Audit Trail report in the General
(Nominal) Ledger now have an option to print only transactions that do not have a department code.
- The Sales Commission report now only prints figures for staff where they have actually sold
something during the specified period. Previously, it listed all staff members, whether they
had sold anything or not.
- In the option to transfer funds from one bank/cash account to another, you can now stipulate a
- Stock/Inventory Control, when entering a supplier record for a stock item, it would allow a regular
SKU to be entered as the suppliers part code even if that SKU was for another stock item. It now
checks to make sure the suppliers part code is unique, or at least the same as the SKU the supplier
record is associated with.
- United Kingdom only: Payroll would not print P60s. The list of payrolls to select just contained
the characters ".f.". So a payroll couldn't be selected. Fixed.
- A message "Unable to open ... " would appear when entering a single receipt or payment directly
into the Nominal/General when it was set to mark the new transaction as already reconciled. Fixed.
- Batched payments for both customers and suppliers, if a batch was saved, when it was brought back
to continue working on it, the 'Post Batch' button was greyed out. At least until another payment
was added. Fixed.
- The option to report the transactions and figures for old Sales Tax/VAT period ends stopped working.
- Trial Balance by Period list, the 'List Transactions' button did not work. Often not listing any
v4.238 4th March 2022
- Customer accounts can now have their own default document layouts set up, which will override the
default layouts set up for the company/organization. The option is at the bottom of the list of
current transactions in the customer account details, on the far right.
- Cash/Bank Statement, a new button 'Copy' has been added. This allows you to replicate any
transaction being displayed. You can edit the details prior to posting. Should be very
useful for posting repetitive things like bank charges, bank interest, etc.
- When sending email, there is now an option to setup and select frequently used email addresses.
When sending an individual email, RIGHT click on the button to the right hand side of the email
address input fields. When sending bulk email, there is a separate button.
- When entering a purchase invoice, if a P/O is selected using the 'Invoice P/O' button, as well
as all the P/O items received, some details from the P/O such as delivery date, department, etc.
will now be also copied over to the invoice.
- Shop/Cafe Manager and AutoManager: where items on a receipt use different Sales Tax/VAT codes,
the Sales Tax/VAT rate will be identified for each item.
- There is now an archive facility in the user maintenance option, similar to that for customer and
supplier accounts. This allows you to set aside users that will no longer have access to the
system, without actually deleting them (so their details will still available when referenced by
account records or transactions).
- Email Engine: there is now a button in the 'Monitor/Control Email Shot Engine' option (Setup ->
Miscellaneous) to clear out old email jobs.
- Creating Purchase Orders: you can now set up a default output option for the 'Print Order' button
in the Purchase Order Processing settings menu.
- HTML document layouts: there is now a field for adding the current year (&TheYearNow&), and also a
facility to add up to five user defined strings to a layout (&UserDefString1& to &UserDefString5&).
to add something into a number of HTML documents that may change occasionally. Saves you having to
edit every document each time there's a change.
- When entering sales invoices, you will now find two little buttons at the top of the 'Stock Code or
Description of Item/Service' column that allow you to increase or decrease the font size in that column
(only available in advanced mode). Useful when entering a long description on one line. Note: this does
not affect the font size in the invoice is output (that depends entirely on the print/PDF or HTML layout).
- UK only: the payroll is now ready for tax year 2022/23. Note: at this time, Adminsoft Accounts will not
be supporting the new NI letters F, I, S and L, which are for use within a Freeport. It also does not
support the new NI letter V.
- Customer account details, in the wider version of the window, when the 'Save' button was clicked,
the output selection part of the 'Statement' button was greyed out. Fixed.
- The 'List Ledger Events' option in the 'General' menu stopped displaying events. Fixed.
- Purchase Order Processing: the 'Use last cost if lower then list' option in settings had stopped
- Supplier Credit Notes: When clicking into the 'Amount' column to get the software to work out the
unit cost (for the 'Each' column), it would generate a negative unit cost. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders: in the 'Purchase Order Received' option, if the 'Date received' input field was
edited, or even if you just cursored through it, a blue 'Label28' would appear at the side of it.
- Some times when the 'Help' button is clicked, the Help window could popup behind the window it was
called from. In some cases this caused the application to freeze. Usually it happened when the
'Help' button was clicked from one of the 'find' options. Fixed.
- UK Only: when outputting the VAT Period End report to a spreadsheet, the total VAT figure for the
column headed 'other' (usually for adjustments, early settlement, etc) was put into the VAT total
for Credit Notes column (this had no effect on the figures in the VAT return). Fixed.
v4.237 4th January 2022
- When the Cash Accounting Scheme is used for working out the amount of sales tax/VAT due, you can
now set up a tax/VAT code and set an option 'VAT due on tax date'. When this is set, any items
sold or purchased using the tax/VAT code will be reported in your tax/VAT period end. The tax/VAT
will be considered as due on the tax date of the transaction, and not when it's paid.
- HTML document layouts, you can now control the format of numeric fields by entering extra statements
within the HTML code. Of particular use is the ability to control the number of decimal places
and whether or not a number appears if it's value is zero. See Help in the HTML editor for
- Print/PDF document layouts, you can now put an image into the background, so any objects occupying
the same space in the layout will appear in front of it. There is also a new 'rectangle' object
that can be used to put a border around sections of a layout, or to use as background shading (it can
be put into the background the same as images now can). The addition of these two extra facilities
makes a big difference to the design possibilities for a layout.
- Print/PDF document layouts, now use the Arial font as standard instead of Courier. All standard layouts
that come with the software have been converted to Arial, and have a few extra modifications to improve
the overall look of them. Any layouts you have not edited will be automatically updated.
- Print/PDF document layouts, there is now a button 'Change All Fonts in the Layout' that allows you to
change all the fonts in one go. Much quicker than editing each object individually.
- Cafe/Shop Manager module, the tab reference on a receipt is now selectable (in settings) as 'Table'
or 'Counter'. Also, if there is no tab reference, the receipt now prints 'Counter served by'.
- In the print/PDF document layouts, the data field 'Our Rep___' displayed a number instead of the
name of the sales representative associated with the customer account. Fixed.
- Remittance Advices: if the button 'Add Items Due for Payment to Remittance' was clicked, and then
the button 'Add ALL Items to Remittance' was clicked, sometimes an invoice not due for payment
when then added to the list of invoices for payment would be overwritten by an invoice already in
the list of invoices to be paid. Fixed.
- When viewing sales invoice details, the 'Payment' button would be enabled even if the invoice
was not outstanding. Fixed.
- When viewing a customer Credit Note, the button to print a Delivery Note was still active, even
though clicking it did nothing. This only applies when the software was running in 'Level 2'. Fixed.
It's now disabled when viewing a Credit Note.
- United Kingdom payroll: if no employees were due a salary payment in the pay period, the payroll could
not be processed in order to allow it to be brought forward to the next pay period. Fixed.
v4.236 13th November 2021
- The list of Estimates in A/c Receivable (Sales Ledger) can now be filtered on whether an invoice
or proforma invoice has been created from the estimate. There is a pre-existing filter for cancelled
estimates, both that and new filter are 'sticky'. In that what ever you set them to, that setting will
remain until it's changed.
- AutoManager, Service Counter, jobs had stopped operating in v4.235. When job details appeared, all input
fields were 'read only'. Fixed.
v4.235 9th November 2021
- When entering Purchase Invoices/Credit Notes, and 'Allow stock selection' is enabled, if
the user enters something into the 'Description of item/service' that is not a valid stock
code/SKU, a warning will briefly appear to let them know.
- When entering Purchase Invoices/Credit Notes, and 'Allow stock selection' and 'Allow stock update'
are enabled, it a stock item doesn't have a Purchase Analysis code, the Purchase Analysis code
entered into the Invoices/Credit Note will be used to update the stock item. This option is turned
off by default. So, if required in needs to be enabled in settings.
- The supplier record for a stock item will now allow the same supplier to be listed more
than once for a particular item, provided the suppliers part code is different. This is
to allow for those suppliers that issue a different part code for items on special offer.
Also, notes have now been added to this window.
- Purchase Orders, purchase invoices, and the stock returned and stock received options: as well as
entering the SKU as normal, you can now enter the suppliers part code instead, and it will select
the item based on that. This is useful where there may be two or more supplier records of some
stock items (perhaps one uses particular stock code for a special price).
- There is now an option in the installation program, available when updating the software,
to delete old backups created by the update. This same option is also available within
Adminsoft Accounts itself, in the 'System' menu from the drop down 'Setup' menu.
- It is now possible to select any customer or supplier transaction to put into dispute, not
just invoices (although once an invoice was selected, transactions of any type could be added
to a dispute).
- General Ledger/Nominal Ledger, Locate Journal by Ref. option, when you have selected a journal
to view, you can now click the 'View Different Transaction' button to select another. Previously
you had to exit the Locate Journal by Ref. option and go back in it to select another transaction.
- The 'Price List' report in Inventory/Stock Control can list items for a selected supplier.
- Sales Invoices and Credit Notes: if they were set to not allow back dating, the setting would
sometimes prevent the transactions from being edited. Fixed.
- If the displayed text was set to be lager than standard, if the General Reminders option was used
to generate a reminder, that reminder window would change size when ever any other option was
started up, such as account details, stock item details, etc. Fixed.
v4.234 20th September 2021
- The 'Stock List' option in the Inventory/Stock Control menu is now far more sophisticated, and
allows stock items to be listed using range and filter selections similar to the General Stock
- Supplier account details now show a total amount for any transactions in dispute (only available
when operating in Level 2).
- When a customer or supplier account is on stop, a warning will appear in certain places where
the user needs to know the status of the account. If a customer account is on stop, it is not
possible to raise a new job in AutoManager for that customer. If a supplier account is on stop,
it is not possible to raise a Purchase Order for that supplier.
- Sales Invoices/Credit Notes, when existing transactions were viewed, various buttons were incorrectly
enabled or disabled depending on the setting as to whether invoices with a zero balance are allowed to
be posted or not. Fixed.
- Stock Control/Inventory, when adding a new supplier record to the list of suppliers for a stock item,
it would often not allow some suppliers to be added, incorrectly saying they were already listed. Fixed.
- Backing up: if the data for a company/organization is held in an alternative location, the
options for backing up images were not available (they were greyed out). Fixed.
v4.233 13th September 2021
- Stock Control/Inventory, there is now a new report in the 'Miscellaneous Reports' option to
list stock adjustments in the order of their reason for adjustment.
- The 'Last Purchase' report in Inventory / Stock Control, now has an extra option to only print
the last two purchase prices if they are different.
- Both Purchase Order and Delivery Note (from A/c Receivable / Sales Ledger) layouts now have
the CN code data field available.
- The contents of an email shot are now recorded, and can be viewed at any time using the new option
'Previous Email Shots'.
- When entering a sales invoice, credit note, advice note, or estimate, if it's not in the ledger currency
you can now edit the exchange rate. If the transaction is later edited, the exchange rate can also be
- The Audit Trail report now has an extra report width of 162 columns. This will print the transaction
reference using a full 40 characters. It also can also print larger debit/credit values to
999,999,999,999,99 The 90 and 134 column reports limited the number size to 999,999,999.99
- AutoManager: Service Counter, the miles/km input field in a job for servicing a vehicle or piece of
equipment has been increased from a maximum 8 digits to 10 digits.
- AutoManager: Service Counter, you can now edit the description of some of the vehicle/equipment data
items. Such as the 'Make', 'Model', etc. The new option is called 'Data Field Descriptions' and is in
the AutoManager setup menu.
- Shop/Cafe Manager: the payments window can now accept up to three currencies. This feature must be
enabled in the settings option.
- When using the software in a multi-user environment, if a user tries to login and there are too
many users on the system, they have the opportunity to log another user. But the option didn't
- Stock Control / Inventory, in stock item details, if an associated item was edited, the SKU
input field was limited to just 8 characters (it should be 20). Fixed.
- General Stock Report, if a filter was used along side a list (selected in the 'Select Any Lists to
Print for Each Item' section, lists could appear often with no stock item details above. Fixed.
- Sales Invoices/Credit Notes: when edited, if the currency was changed but nothing was changed in the
body of invoice/credit note (quantity, description, etc.), the Sales Tax/VAT analysis goods figure
would be wrong. Fixed.
- Data Integrity Check: mis-reported the 'date of last sale' on stock booked out to a job in the
AutoManager module. It would report an issue when in fact there was none. Fixed.
- If the accounts system's base currency was changed, it could create issues with new transactions
if the exchange rate of the new currency was not set to 1 prior to being set to the new base
- UK only: the PAYE Calculator option was not allowing the current tax year to be selected. Fixed.
(note: this may not be fixed in any downloads prior to 18:30 BST 11th Sept.'21)
- Stock Control/Inventory, when a stock adjustment was entered, if it was a negative amount, it did
not update the 'remaining' figure in stock movements used when running stock under FIFO or LIFO.
- The Backup data and Restore Data options stopped working in v4.232 if the data was not
held in the default location. Fixed.
v4.231 3rd August 2021
- In the email shot options, it is now possible to send the emails out from a separate program
that runs in the background. This frees up Adminsoft Accounts, allowing you to continue working
while the background program (Email Engine) is steadily sending out your emails. Sorry, but this
new option is not available when the software is running as Freeware.
- There is now an Opted Out list for emails. Any emails entered into this list will not get emailed
in one of the email shot options. This allows email addresses in customer/supplier accounts to
be opted out. As the email input fields in the account details form can contain more than one
email address, there is no 'Allow email shot' option (as there is in the contact details). From the
top menu bar, the option is in Setup -> Miscellaneous -> Setup Email Opted Out List
- In Inventory / Stock Control, there is a new report called 'Last Purchase'. This will list the last
purchase of each item, along with the previous purchase, to allow you to compare prices/suppliers.
- When creating a Sales Invoice from Advice Notes, there is an option in setup to change the default
text "Advice Note reference" that gets added into the Invoice body. It can also be setup to not
add any extra lines between Advice Notes at all, so the items on each Advice Note would appear in
the invoice in one continuous list.
- In the option listing stock items supplied by a particular supplier, if defaults to listing in
SKU order. But it can now also list in description or suppliers part code order. There is also
now another option next to this one, that will display the items in Purchase Analysis order.
- When entering purchase invoices, if the option 'Allow stock selection' is selected, the last cost
(from that supplier) will be automatically entered into the 'Each' column. However, this facility
is not operational by default, it must be switched on in the ledgers 'Settings' option.
- In the Payment Forecast option in the Debtors Control window, you can now click on the likely
payment figures to see a list of the transactions the software used to calculate the likely payment
for that week.
- When entering batched transactions into A/c Receivable or A/c Payable Ledgers (Sales or Purchase
Ledgers), there is now an option (in the respective Setup's) to get the software to confirm the
user wishes to post the batch when the 'Post Batch' button is clicked. The default is to just
post the batch right away, as soon as the 'Post Batch' button is clicked.
- Purchase Order print/PDF layout has two extra data fields added: one to print the SKU only, and
another to print the stock item description only.
- Stock Control/Inventory, in the stock item supplier details record, it was possible to manually
change the supplier account and create a duplicate supplier record for the item. The software
now prevents this from happening.
- Stock Control/Inventory, in the stock item supplier details record now records the last cost from
purchase Invoices as well as Purchase Orders.
- The maximum size of a report can now be specified in Setup -> Miscellaneous -> General settings
The minimum is 1,000 pages, and the maximum is 100,000 pages. The default size is set to 10,000
pages (when it could not be edited it was fixed at 50,000 pages). The reason for allowing the
maximum report size to be changed is due to one user who reported memory issues. If your
report doesn't work or worse, crashes the application, try reducing the maximum report size.
Note, this applies regardless of what the report is being output to, and can cause memory issues
even if the actual report produced is very small. Memory is allocated at the start of the report,
based on the maximum specified size.
- When entering a Purchase Invoice which will update stock, it will update the 'Date of last purchase'
in the stock item details with the invoice date, even if the invoice date pre-dates the current
'Date of last purchase'. Fixed.
- AutoManager module, when a stock item was booked out from the Service Counter, the 'Date of Last Sale'
in the stock item details was not updated with the date the item was booked out. Fixed.
- Stock/Inventory Control, the 'Date of Last Price Update' was not being updated. Fixed.
- Stock/Inventory Control, the 'Sales Analysis' and 'Sales Analysis by Periods' reports did not include
stock items booked out in the Service Counter option in AutoManager. Fixed.
- In the 'Upload Document Layouts to Web Site' option (Setup -> System), the 'Remove' button failed
to remove a document that had been uploaded to the web site. Fixed.
- The Statement of Income report (what used to be Profit & Loss), when just part of the financial year
was selected and the account periods were to show in separate columns, when output to a spreadsheet
the column titles for each period did not line up. Fixed.
v4.230 24th June 2021
- When entering Purchase Invoices, the green help text along the bottom is now a little more
relevant to the input field the cursor is in. It also displays the cost on the last P/O when
in the 'Description of item/service' or 'Each' input fields.
- When entering a Sales Invoice, Estimate, Proforma or Advice Note, if the 'Ins' button was used
to open up a blank line between existing lines, the last line in the invoice would not get
included in the sub-total (although it would when posted/saved). Fixed.
v4.229 7th June 2021
- United Kingdom only: the 'List Trans' button in the CIS Return option now displays the same columns
as the CIS Return, making it easier to see where the CIS figures have come from. It can also now be
dragged wider to display a lot more detail about each transaction.
- When entering a purchase invoice, you can now right click into the 'Description of item/service'
input field if it's a stock item, and the stock item details window will appear.
- The 'Statenent of Financial Position' report would output the report into whatever format or
application was selected. If the selection was changed, the report run, then 'Run Report' button
was clicked again, it would output to whatever format or application was selected before. Fixed.
- Recurring Transactions, if setup for a date in the past, when you exit the 'Recurring Transactions'
option it will ask if you want it to make the postings to bring it up to date. If you answer 'Yes',
then go back and check the details of the recurring transaction, when you exit, it will again ask if
you want it to make the postings to bring it up to date. If you answer 'Yes', it will duplicate the
transactions already posted. Fixed.
- Sales invoices, when a stock item on the last line of the invoice contained extra description lines
and/or a surcharge, they would appear in the invoice, but would not get saved. Fixed.
v4.228 21st May 2021
- Stock item details, the list of suppliers will now include the name of the item manufacturer
(in curly brackets after the supplier name), if one exists.
- Stock Control/Inventory, when using the 'Stock Item Search' option, you can now filter by
supplier account. This can make searching a lot faster, but relies on a supplier item cost
record existing in the stock item details.
- Supplier invoices, where a supplier supplies items in multiple units (boxes of 5, or 10, etc), you
can now enter the total number of units and the total price (enter into the 'Each' column), then
you can single right click on the 'Amount' column, and the unit price will be calculated and
automatically entered into the 'Each' column. Saves time having to use a calculator.
- When entering batched sales or purchase transactions, the batch cannot now be saved or posted if
there is a transction still be worked on, or it's sitting ready for a new transaction. This is
to prevent a batch from being accidentally posted when it's not complete.
- Email shots, any email address entered into the CC or BCC input fields should only get sent
one email, right at the start of the send process. But emails were being sent to CC and BCC
recipients for every email that was going out. Fixed.
- When a sales invoice was generated from the AutoManager module, the stock code SKU would appear
to be doubled up when looking at the costs in the invoice details (two SKU's would appear on the
same line side by side). Fixed.
- United Kingdom: when submitting an MTD VAT return, HMRC returned an error 400 'Invalid JSON'.
v4.226 11th May 2021
- United Kingdom only, MTD VAT submissions stopped working. Produced an 'Invalid JSON'
error message. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only, The VAT 100 figures when using the Flat Rate scheme and importing
services from the EU did not calculate the import correctly (it did when not using the
Flat Rate scheme). Fixed
v4.225 6th May 2021
- The account system can now be set to use none ISO4217 currencies (such as a digital currency) as the base
- The Print/PDF and HTML document layouts for sales invoices now include data fields for displaying the amount
of the invoice already paid, and the amount still outstanding. It's displayed as a message rather than just
a number, and does not display at all if the figure would be zero. It only works for transactions in the
- Sales Invoices, in both print/PDF and HTML layouts there are two new data fields. One that will show the
total amount of the discounts given on each line of the invoice, and one showing the discount rate (based on
all items on the invoice whether discounted or not). This can only work where items are invoiced from stock
and there is a retail value for stock item.
- Sales Invoices now have an option to be converted to an Estimate (the original invoice remains intact). The button
is marked 'Credit or Est.' and when clicked it gives you the choice of creating a Credit Note or an Estimate.
- Purchase invoices, when entering a stock item, if the invoice is set to search for stock items it will first
search for items using the suppliers part code, and only search the main stock database if no specific supplier
part code is found.
- When entering sales or purchase invoices, if a stock item was selected using the 'F' button to find it, the
stock code/SKU now gets recorded in the autocomplete function (if this is enabled). Allowing you to select
it in the future for that customer/supplier account without using the 'F' button.
- In the supplier account details, when listing stock items purchased from that supplier, there is now an option
that will just display the last purchase of any one stock item. This can be useful when checking an invoice
to see how/if prices have changed.
- HTML layouts for Invoices, Credit Notes, Proforma's, Estimates, and Advice Notes can now have the number
of decimal places controlled for several of the numerical data items. You can find the settings in the
'Layout Defaults' option in the 'HTML Document Layouts' section.
- There is now an option to list purchase invoices that contain accrual/prepayment postings. Also, the
actual postings can now be listed from several places within the system.
- In Stock Control/Inventory the option 'List Supercessions' now has the option to convert a supersession into a
regular stock item, and convert ALL supercessions into regular items (that option has to be enabled in
- New sales invoices, the 'Images' button would not work. Fixed.
- Payroll, at the start of a new tax year or when moving the payroll forward to the next pay period,
it would allow the user to do this without entering a pay period end date. Fixed.
- Payroll, when not running in the United Kingdom, in the employees pay details, the 'Pay an Advance on Salary'
button did not work. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only, when operating under the Construction Industry Scheme, an aged debtor or creditor
report would not produce the correct figures when backdated. It didn't take the CIS deductions into
- Remittance Advices, when a transaction on a remittance had the amount paid set to 0.00 it would automatically
be removed from the list of transactions to pay, and would appear in the bottom list of transactions with
outstanding amounts. But it could not be reselected for that remittance. Also, on the narrower version of the
Remittance Advice form, when an unpaid Remittance Advice was loaded up, the 'Pay Remittance' button would
sometimes be greyed out. Both issues fixed.
v4.224 6th April 2021
- Purchase Orders: There is now an option in settings that controls whether or not the suppliers part
code is added to a P/O (if different from the regular SKU).
- Scrolling using he mouse wheel has now been added to the General Ledger/Nominal Ledger options for
recurring and standing transactions. All forms that work in this manner should now contain this feature.
- Supplier invoices, the 'Allow stock selection' in the bottom left hand corner, when not ticked it will
not now search for stock items as they are typed into the 'Description of item/service' column.
- In the Import PayPal Sales option, the option to list previous PayPal imports has an option to list the
individual PayPal transactions, but this did not format the list correctly. Fixed.
- General Ledger/Nominal Ledger, when the budgets option is selected, all departments associated with all
budgets can initially appear in the department list, instead of just the departments for the selected
budget group, making the option a little confusing. Fixed.
- The autocomplete feature (where previously typed in text appears in a drop down list) could sometimes
record duplicate text. This particularly happened when entering invoices. Fixed.
- In the 'List/Maintain Backups' option in the 'System' menu under Setup, if the 'Help' button was clicked,
the help window would appear behind the 'List/Maintain Backups' option, locking up both. Only way out
was to click 'Exit' on the top menu bar. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only, when printing the P60's, where the NI letter of an employee changed during the year,
only one NI letter and set of NI deductions would be reported on their P60. Fixed.
- Supplier invoices, the 'Images' button was greyed out when entering a new invoice, and the 'Documents'
button, although not greyed out, had stopped working. Fixed.
- When entering sales invoices, if an overall discount rate was set in the customer account details,
it would only be automatically applied when the software was running in Level 2 and using the
wider sales invoice form (this would be automatically selected depending on available screen
- If a purchase invoice was converted to a credit note using the 'Credit Note' button on the invoice
details displayed, the conversion was fine, apart from 'Quantity' column which would only show a
negative number after the cursor had been through the input field. Except on the first line. Fixed.
- When in the HTML layout editor, if the 'Help' button was clicked, the help window would appear but
then hang the accounts system. Fixed.
v4.223 1st March 2021
- Invoices and credit notes for sales and purchases, purchase orders, stock received and returned
options and all similar forms can now be scrolled using the mouse wheel.
- Supplier invoices, the description has been moved from the 'Details' tab to the front, just below
the tax date and suppliers invoice/credit note reference. This does not apply if the software
is running in basic level.
- Sales Invoices, the payment button can now fire up the regular payment option or the cash payment
option depending on the settings. Also, if it's set to fire up the regular payment option, you
can force it to fire up the cash payment option instead by right clicking the button. And vice
versa if the default is to fire up the cash payment option.
- Purchase Orders, if an order status is 'on order' and it's edited, details of the edits made
are recorded, and available to view from the 'Edit History' button in the 'Details' section.
- Estimates Analysis report added.
- Shop/Cafe Manager: when selling an item, if the 'Discount' button was clicked for the discount
option, if stock item prices did not include Sales Tax/VAT, it would not calculate the
discount correctly. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, if it's edited and a stock item is changed to a different item on an order that
is still 'on order', the items ordered still show as being on order on the original item. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, if a stock item is added to a P/O and the item has a part code specific to that
supplier, the suppliers part code is not shown in the P/O. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, on a live order, if the button 'All Items Received' was clicked,any items on the
P/O that were not stock items got ignored. Fixed.
- In the Company/Organization details from the start up window, if the 'Help' button was clicked, the
help form opened up behind the Company/Organization details form, effectively locking up the application.
- When creating a new company/organization, if the AutoManager module wasn't selected, an error
message would appear during the creation of the ledgers saying the file "AM_EV.DBF" could not be
- Sales/Profit Analysis report had some layout issues. Fixed.
- Stock Control/Inventory, the General Price List report did not report prices correctly due to issues
with Sales Tax/VAT. Fixed.
v4.222 16th February 2021
- The option 'Defaults and Variables', which is in the setup menu of most modules, has been renamed
- The Aged Invoices List for both customers and suppliers now has a payment option. Simply select an
invoice, click the 'Payment' button, and the details of the invoice are loaded up in the payment
windows ready. Makes paying single invoices quick and easy.
- The 'Payment' button on sales Invoices now brings up the regular payment window, rather than the
cash payment window.
- The feedback form that appears when the application is closed down, will now only appear up to a
maximum of 10 times. If it hasn't been filled in by then, it gives up.
- When the 'Copy' button is clicked on a Sales Invoice, it replicates the invoice details as it should,
but it also copied the original invoice number, instead of generating a new number. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only: CIS Returns and Verifications require a Tax Office Reference in order to work.
It was not possible to enter this in the set up for CIS. Fixed.
- If the Help text window was set to full screen, the help text its self did nto change width. Fixed.
- Shop/Cafe Manager stopped accepting input from a bar code scanner. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only: MTD VAT return submissions may not have worked due to a bug introduced in
v4.220 6th February 2021
- When entering Sales Invoices or Credit Notes, you can now enter a reference number manually, into the
top right hand corner. If you do not enter a reference number, the software will automatically generate
one as before. When editing an Invoice or Credit Note, you can also edit the reference number.
- When a list of General Ledger (or Nominal Ledger) accounts appears as part of a find option, there is
now a facility for listing them in description order, instead of the default account code order.
- When cloning a stock item, a window will now popup to ask whether you also want to copy the suppliers,
associated items, alternative items and/or special prices.
- United Kingdom only: payroll has now been updated ready for the 2021-22 tax year.
- Some forms that allow selection of various parameters for a report have a lot of options pre-selected
(using tick boxes). There is now a small button that will un-tick them all, allowing the user to
quickly just select the options they require.
- United Kingdom only: when creating a new VAT code, the option to select 'UK Domestic Reverse Charge'
was greyed out. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only: when viewing a previous CIS submission, XXX's were put in to the more sensitive
fields such as the HMRC gateway ID. This is only supposed to happen in test mode. Fixed.
- United Kingdom only: the Domestic Reverse Charge for VAT was not adding the figure into Box 4 in the
VAT 100 report. Fixed. This new VAT scheme is not due to be used until 1st March 2021.
- The report Statement of Financial Position (what we used to call the Balance Sheet), produced very
large, and obviously wrong subtotals when reporting by department. Fixed.
- When adding items to a stock kit, if the stock code is entered manually (ie. the search option isn't
used) and the stock code entered is a supersession, the superseded item was added to the kit, instead
of the item it superseded to. Fixed.
v4.219 4th January 2021
- The 'Payment Type Analysis' reports for both customers and suppliers displayed the payment
figures as negative values. They are now displaying as positive values, making it slightly
easier to read.
- In the customer account details form, when listing Proforma Invoices, Advice Notes, or Estimates,
there is now an option not to display those that have already been invoiced.
- Existing sales Invoice and Credit Notes can now have none stock items in the 'Costs' section
edited without needing to click the main 'Edit' button. This can not be done for stock items, as
they generate postings into the stock system and sometimes the General Ledger (Nominal Ledger),
which can only be done when the Invoice or Credit Note can be fully edited.
- In the company/organization details, if an 'Alternative location for data' is entered with a
backslash at the end of the path, the software would report that no data has been found. If the
location was entered without a backslash, it would be fine, and the software would then apply
a backslash. Fixed.
- In the 'Money Paid (single)' and 'Money Received (single)' options in the General Ledger (Nominal
Ledger), if a tax exclusive amount was not entered, just the tax code and the total amount inclusive
of tax, several input fields would have to be tabbed through to get the 'OK' button to enable. Fixed.
- When the accounts system is running in Basic mode, the alternative customer address button in Invoice
and Credit Note details didn't work. Fixed.
- In stock item details, if the 'Quote Price' button was clicked, after selecting a customer a message
would appear "Stock item data record not found?". The option would work, but it would not display
a cost for the item. Fixed.
- When listing quoted stock item prices from a customer account, if an item was selected, and the 'Stock
Item Details' button clicked, the wrong stock item details would often appear. Fixed.
v4.218 6th November 2020
- The 'Receive Stock from Supplier' option now checks the suppliers delivery note reference and the date to make sure
the user is not about to enter a duplicate Delivery Note. A warning message will appear if it suspects a duplicate.
- In customer account details, Proforma invoices, advice notes, estimates, saved, and recurring transactions now only display
up to a given age (default is 2 years). This can be changed when in account details. Also, the default can be edited
in the setup 'Defaults and Variables' option.
- In the email shot options, customers or suppliers can now also be selected based on transactions, and the sales
or purchase analysis codes used within those transactions. They also have a much better facility for outputting data
to a CSV file, or directly into Excel or OpenOffice Calc spreadsheets
- A new report: List Customers by Business Type Code has been added to the 'Miscellaneous Reports' option.
- United Kingdom only: the domestic VAT reverse charge now operates on sales invoices (previously it only worked on
- United Kingdom only: payroll, you can now send an FPS if none of the employees on a payroll are due any payment,
provided they have all been processed. This is useful if there is no pay in a particular period, or you need to
notify HMRC of an employee/s leaving without waiting until the next pay period.
- When sending an email from within Adminsoft Accounts, it is now possible to browse your files and drag and drop
files into the list of attachments. You can drag and drop several files at once if you wish.
- When using the 'Money Received (Single)' or 'Money Paid Out (single)' options, and the total amount
is entered (ie. the amount including any Sales Tax/VAT), some combinations of tax rate and amount
could cause the figure entered to change by one penny. This change was visible to the the user, so
they could correct it, but of course it was still irritating. Fixed.
- In stock item details, if the 'Re-balance Stock' option was used, and the costing method was anything other than FIFO
or LIFO, the 'Cost Analysis' would always show the FIFO and LIFO item cost as zero. Fixed.
- When a sales invoice or credit note was deleted that contained stock items, the retail price in the stock movement
records that adjusted the stock may have a retail price set to 0.00. Fixed.
- When adding security profiles to an Adminsoft Accounts user, any changes to the profile could not be saved. Fixed.
- When setting up to send email, the 'Send Test Email' button ignored the SMTP TLS setting. Fixed.
- The Cash/Bank Balances graph in the Financial Summary background could put balances into the graph a year early if
a cash/bank account had no transactions for the first year of the graph (it goes back two years). Fixed.
- United Kingdom only, in the EPS, the SMP, SPP, SAP, etc. should all accept 2 decimal places, but
they would only accept whole numbers. Fixed.
v4.216 5th October 2020
- The Statement of Income (Profit & Loss) and the Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet)
reports can now list the transactions.
- Stock Control/Inventory now has a valuation report that can display the total item in stock,
total cost, and total retail value as at any given date.
- When creating or viewing a Purchase Order, the account reference your supplier uses for you is
now displayed. This is termed 'Their A/c Ref.'
- The option 'Wholesale Stock Changes' can now change discounted retail prices (where there is no
sales discount code) and customers special prices.
- Stock item prices can now be setup as inclusive or exclusive of Sales Tax/VAT regardless of
which software modules have been selected. Previously, if Shop/Cafe Manager was in use, then
stock prices would always be inclusive of Sales Tax/VAT. The option is in the 'Defaults and
Variables' option in Stock Control/Inventory setup.
- In the 'Database - Fixing' option, the 'General Stock Data' button now also corrects the 'Reserved'
stock figure in the stock item details.
- Emailshots can now include attachments.
- When entering payments made or received directly into the General Ledger (Nominal Ledger), you can
now enter the amount including any Sales Tax/VAT, and the amount excluding tax and the tax amount will
be calculated for you. This makes input a little faster than using the 'Tax Calculator' button (which
has now been removed).
- When the details of a stock item are displayed, and another item is superceeded to it using the
'Add Supercession' button, all the information from the item being superceeded is merged with the selected
item. This should also apply where stock items are being imported from external data.
- The Stock Sales Analysis report can now be produced in profit amount or profit % order. There is also
a Stock Sales Analysis by Period report that can show sales/profit broken down by week, month, quarter
- When a stock item is superceeded, the bin locations from the item being superceeded are copied into the
stock item it's being superceeded to. Provided there are sufficient empty bin location data fields.
There is also an option to fully merge the details of each stock item.
- Stock reserved for a customer and prices quoted to a customer can now be listed for a particular customer
from the customer account details.
- The 'Re-Balance Stock' button in the 'Movements' tab of the stock item details set the quantity
in stock, total cost, and remaining items in each stock movement if FIFO or LIFO were being used
to zero. Fixed.
- Trial Balance Report, if transactions are included, it always listed the transactions from the
start of the financial year regardless of the account periods selected. Fixed.
- When using oversize form and font sizes (from the 'Change font and form sizes' option in the
'Help' menu), the 'Quantity' input field did not line up properly in supplier invoices. Some
digits to the right (pence/cents) could not be seen or only partially seen. Fixed.
- In start up screen, if it was dragged smaller, making it too small would cause it to hang. Also,
clicking the 'List Current Users' button from that screen would cause it to hang. Fixed.
v4.215 1st September 2020
- When entering a supplier invoice or credit note, with the accounts system in 'Level 1: Basic' mode,
you can now edit the Sales Tax/VAT amounts calculated.
- There is now a general purpose calculator available in the 'General' menu. There is one in Windows
as standard, of course. But this one is probably easier/quicker to get to, and it maybe more useful.
- When creating a Purchase Order, when a stock item is entered it checks to see if there is a
supplier record for that item. If there is it will use the suppliers published cost or the
last purchase cost, which ever one is less. There is now an option in the 'Defaults and Variables'
option in the P/O set up menu, that allows you to tell it to just use the published cost, if required.
- Payroll, United Kingdom only. When P45 or P60's are printed, you can now select a Windows printer.
- Stock Item Details now have an extra tab specifically for listing purchases. This includes and stock
movements generated by purchase invoices, P/O's, and the 'Receive Stock from Supplier' option. It can
also list all purchases within the last 12 months in cost per item order, to allow you to easily
determine the cheapest supplier.
- In Stock/Inventory Control, FIFO and LIFO cost methods are both maintained regardless of which cost
method is actually in use. This allows the cost method to be changed without necessarily having to
get the system to re-calculate all the costs each time. Although we still recommend you do that, because
the total cost of stock for each item may not be correct. We also still recommend that once a cost
method is selected, it is better to stick with it, if possible.
- It's now possible to prevent customer Invoices and Credit Notes from being back dated. The option is
in the A/c Receivable (Sales Ledger) set up option 'Defaults and Variables'.
- In the Adminsoft Accounts user security profile, it's now possible to specify whether the user can
create customer Credit Notes or not.
- When printing a supplier invoice, as the layout for these can not be edited, the gap between the SKU
and the description for stock items has been closed up. To get more of the description on a line.
- Payroll (not United Kingdom), the 'Pay All Employees' button had the wrong caption. It said
'Undo All Payments' instead, although it did pay all employees if clicked, so it worked, it was just
- When adding a supercession to a an existing stock item, the input field was limited to only 8
characters, when it should be 20. Fixed.
- When importing stock items from an external data file, if the retail or cost price were included
in the data, the date of the last price change was not updated. Fixed.
- When raising a Sales Invoice, if it's then saved rather than posted to the account, when it's
worked on again later the costs of any stock items could no longer be edited. Fixed.
- Trial Balance report, if 'Include opening balances' was not selected, it would show balances for the
year to what ever period was selected, even when it was supposed to show balances for a specific
period or range of periods. Fixed.
- In Stock Control/Inventory, a user could delete a stock movement even if they only had 'read only'
access to stock. Fixed.
v4.214 1st August 2020
- UNITED KINGDOM - SERIOUS ISSUE WITH FLAT RATE VAT
United Kingdom only, when using the VAT Flat Rate Scheme, sales transactions posted directly into
the Nominal Ledger or through Shop/Cafe Manager as cash transactions, the VAT due calculation for
the VAT100 report only used the goods/service sales figure. It did not add the VAT amount to the
goods/services figure before working out the VAT due. So the VAT calculated as due could be lower
than it should be. Resulting in a possible underpayment of VAT. This issue is now fixed, but the
fix is NOT retrospective, it will not automatically correct itself on your next VAT return. So you
may wish to check your previous VAT returns for any sales posted directly into the N/L or via Cafe/Shop
Manager. It is not known how long this error existed. If you only enter sales via the Sales Ledger or
AutoManager, this issue does not affect you.
- When loading up a saved sales Invoice or Credit Note to continue working on it, the tax date will
default to 'today's date'.
- When allocating a transaction (often a payment), the list of transactions it can be allocated to
will show an * next to the date of any transaction that is in dispute. Also, the 'Automatically
Allocate' button will not automatically allocate to any disputed transaction.
- United Kingdom only, payroll: P45's can now be printed out directly from the software. These have
been laid out to HMRC specifications. The option is in the employee details, and appears when a
leaving date has been entered. But, only when the employee details are re-loaded, because their
final payslip should be processed and ideally and FPS should be run before printing a P45.
- United Kingdom only, payroll: P60's have now been created to HMRC specifications and have received
their approval. The P60's can be printed, sent to PDF files, or emailed out to each employee.
Of course these P60's are not actually required until April 2021.
- The Trial Balance report, the settings have been changed to make it easier to select the account
period range and report options. This may be extended to the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet
reports, depending on user feedback.
- When Stock Item details are displayed, the software uses one of two forms, depending on how much
screen space is available. The smaller of the forms had an issue with the item 'Surcharge', in
that it would not allow it to be 0.00. Fixed.
- When a Purchase Order was raised, if the quantity on order for a stock item was subsequently
edited, the 'Purch Orders' figure in the stock item details did not change. Fixed.
- If a Purchase Order was received and marked as completed, then subsequently reversed. The quantity
on order of any stock items did not get updated to reflect the fact the order was live again. Fixed.
- When entering a stock item into a supplier invoice (with using the find button), and it's set to
search the stock file, it would not recognize the stock code if it was entered in lower case. Fixed.
v4.213 4th July 2020
- THIS IS A MAJOR CHANGE TO THE WAY INVOICES/CREDIT NOTES WORK.
When entering a Sales Invoice or Credit Note, the costs in the 'Costs' section now indicate
exactly what will happen to the stock. They are no longer just for the software to work out the
profitability of the invoice. If you edit a cost, it is the value you enter that will be used when
the stock is updated. You can also now enter a stock item into costs without entering it into the main
body of the invoice.
- You can now create a Remittance Advice even if a payment has already been entered into the system.
This can be done from the payment details, or just prior to it being allocated, or in the option
that lists the transactions it's been allocated to.
- Payroll, United Kingdom, employer NI due for each employee has been added to the P60 report.
- Payroll, United Kingdom, when printing a P60 report, the employees NI details would not be
printed if they did not earn enough to actually pay any NI. Fixed.
- When entering a Sales Invoice, if the 'Ins' buttons were used to insert a line into the body of the
invoice, the last line of the invoice could get missed out when it was posted, although it would
still appear in the invoice (but not if the invoice was subsequently re-loaded). Fixed.
v4.212 18th June 2020
- The 'Help' button on most forms when clicked would by default use Microsoft's IE to display the help
page. However, there have been issues that mainly seem to involve Windows 10 and IE 11 which do not
always allow third party software such as Adminsoft Accounts to access IE. So IE is no longer used.
This means everyone should now be able to see the help pages.
- Stock/Inventory Control, the 'cost per' of stock items could be automatically changed by the software
if it thought the price would lose accuracy otherwise. But this is causing some confusion, in particular
when a customer's prices are based on a mark up on cost, their invoice could have a large number in
the price 'Each' column. Which could represent a 'price per' of anything up to 10,000 units. So this
automatic 'price/cost per' calculation has now been abandoned. It will only use what ever 'per' has been
set up in the stock item details, for either retail or cost price.
- When creating a sales invoice, estimate or proforma and entering a stock item that has extra lines of
description or a surcharge, the extra lines and/or surcharge were not appearing. This is an issue that
has only developed recently. Fixed.
- When creating a sales invoice, stock items entered into the invoice not always correctly reporting if
there is sufficient stock. Fixed.
- In stock item details, when finding a Sales Discount code or a Purchase Discount code, if 'Setup' was
clicked in the list, it was not always possible to click the find button once in the discount details
- The Database - Fix option, when fixing stock/inventory, if any costing method other than AVCO was being
used, the option would set the total cost of stock for each item to zero. Fixed.
- When creating a customer Credit Note, the profit figure would be correct, but when the Credit Note was
reloaded it would be wrong. Although could then correct itself later. Fixed.
- When converting a customer or supplier Invoice to a Credit Note, if the sales tax/VAT has been edited,
and the user opted not to re-calculate the tax, the tax figures would be positive instead of negative.
v4.211 11th June 2020
- Reports were limited to a maximum length of around 5,000 pages. This has now been increased to
around 50,000 pages. Though please be aware processing very large reports of over 5,000 pages
takes most PC's a long time.
- In Stock Control/Inventory, the 'List Supercessions' option now has a setting to just list
supercessions that superceed to a non-existent item if required. Making it much quicker and
easier to tidy them up.
- If a customer or supplier invoice was entered and the sales tax/VAT amount that's automatically
calculated then edited, the invoice would not post with the correct tax amount. The problem would
then be compounded it the invoice was subsequently edited. Fixed.
- The data integrity check when checking inventory would generate an error for all stock items that had
a quantity in stock if the stock costing method was set to AVCO (Average Cost). Fixed.
v4.210 9th June 2020
- Remittance Advices now indicate if an Invoice is subject to Early Settlement Discount, and can
take the reduced Invoice amount into account when making payment. This makes handling Early
Settlement Discounts a lot easier. Note, it does not automatically post Early Settlement
Discount transactions when payment is made, that still has to be done manually. Automatic
posting currently isn't possible due to issues apportioning Sales Tax/VAT.
- If a Purchase Order is being raised in direct response to a customers requirements, the customer
details displayed on the 'Details' page of the P/O are now clickable. Bringing up the customers
- When entering a purchase invoice, if a cost item needed to be accrued over a number of account periods,
it used to default to 3. Now it defaults to the number of account periods in the financial year.
- Invoices, both sales and purchase when entered in a currency other than th ledger currency are prone to
the odd 'penny' error due to rounding issues between currencies. More work has been done to try and
prevent any 'penny' errors occurring.
- In stock item details, there are two new options to display an analysis of stock item sales by month
or by year (which includes a break down of monthly sales). The buttons are in the 'Analysis' section,
or if it's having to use the reduced width form, they will be in the 'Sales' section.
- Payroll, United Kingdom only, employee tax codes starting with the letters 'SK' or 'CK' would
not be accepted as valid. Fixed.
- When a purchase invoice and payment were entered together as an 'Invoice receipt', if the payment was
subsequently deleted, when displaying the invoice details, it would display as an 'Invoice Receipt'.
In other words, as if the payment was still there (just a display issue, it didn't affect the accounts).
- When entering a refund, in either ledger, if a transaction such as a payment was selected first, the
value of that transaction would appear in the refund details as a negative figure, instead of a
positive figure. Fixed.
- When a Sales Invoice or Credit Note was edited, if a stock item was added to it, it did not update
the stock sales figures or the 'remaining' figures used for FIFI/LIFO correctly. Although the quantity
in stock remained correct. Fixed.
- Sales invoices, if not in the ledger currency and had an early settlement discount setup, when the
invoice was re-loaded, the early settlement amount shown would not be correct. (although the amount
calculated and appearing elsewhere was correct) Fixed.
- The 'Print Form' and 'Print Screen' options in the 'Help' menu were no longer working. Fixed. Note,
smaller forms will print in portrait, while larger forms and the screen will print in landscape. As it
does not compress the image to fit the page, due to the large screen sizes often in use today, if you
print the screen some of it may bleed off the page (some particularly wide forms may also do this).
If you need to print the screen, you may have to use the 'Save Screen' option to save the image to a .JPG
file, and then load it up into Microsoft Paint or some other graphics package and print it from there.
- When entering a sales invoice, if the same stock item was entered into the invoice more than once, and
there was insufficient stock for the other item/s, it would not warn the user or stop the sale (which ever
was required in the setup). Also, if a transaction with two more identical stock items on it was edited,
it also would not always warn the user about stock levels. Fixed.
- When operating inventory using the AVCO costing method, the setup option 'Database - Fixing' did not always
produce the correct 'Total Cost' of a stock item, depending on it's movement history. Fixed.
v4.208 6th May 2020
- United Kingdom only, payroll EPS would not be accepted by HMRC if claiming NIC employment
v4.207 2nd May 2020
Both the above issues, and the one below, crept into the software in the v4.201 update (released on 11th March 2020)
which enhanced the editing of invoices.
- If a Sales Invoice was edited, and a stock item added to it, the selling price of the new item
would not appear in the stock movements. Fixed.
- If a sales Invoice that was generated from the AutoManager PartsCounter module was edited, it
could remove the associated stock movement records. Fixed.
v4.206 1st May 2020
- IMPORTANT FIX: When an invoice generated from the Service Counter in the AutoManager module is edited,
it can end up deleting a lot of stock movement records that are nothing to do with the invoice being
edited. The ability to edit an invoice generated by Service Counter is now disabled.
- When an email was sent from within Adminsoft Accounts from the employees details window. The email
sent was not recorded.
- Payroll, on some payslip formats, the date the employee was paid did not get printed. It just
appeared as a few dots. Fixed.
v4.205 23rd April 2020
- United Kingdom only, when operating CIS as a sub-contractor, you can now opt not to print the
amount due to be deducted on a sales invoice (option is in Setup -> Sales Ledger -> Defaults and Variables,
Miscellaneous 2 tab).
- United Kingdom only, payroll NI tables, some input fields have been greyed out to make it clearer
which fields are actually used for employee/employer and which are not.
- United Kingdom only, payroll, when selecting the option to edit the tax and NI tables, only the current
tax year and previous tax year are now selectable. This is due to the number of changes HMRC have made
particularly to the way NI is handled over the years.
- United Kingdom only, payroll NI tables, when editing the bands, validation messages would prevent the
Secondary threshold band from being a lower figure that the Primary threshold. Fixed.
- Stock Control/Inventory, when adjusting stock on an item that has had no previous stock movements,
the adjustment defaults to opening balance (though this can be changed when making the adjustment).
v4.204 21st April 2020
- IMPORTANT: UK Payroll only, the 'Primary threshold' and 'Secondary threshold' NI bands were the
wrong way around. This resulted NI being incorrectly calculated. Fixed.
- When transactions are posted into the General ledger (Nominal Ledger) using a Recurring Transaction
template, if that template is later deleted, when looking at a transaction posted by the Recurring
Transaction template and the 'Source Transaction' button was clicked, a series of error messages
would appear. Fixed.
v4.203 18th April 2020
- When entering a purchase invoice, and invoicing from a P/O, there is now an option in setup
to enable or disable the copying of any extra description or comments in the body of the
P/O to the invoice. The default is to allow them to be copied.
- When a sales invoice is edited, and a stock item is changed to a different item, the original
stock items are not put back into stock. Fixed.
- When using the 'Copy' button in a sales Invoice, if invoicing from stock, the stock would
not be updated when the copy invoice was posted. Fixed.
- When entering a sales invoice, and invoicing from stock, it a stock item was entered and then
the quantity increased (ie. the 'Quantity' column edited), the cost may not always be correct
if using FIFO or LIFO. It depended on whether there were enough items at the same cost to handle
the increased quantity. Fixed.
- When entering a purchase invoice, and invoicing from a P/O, if the P/O contained any comments,
those comments would appear in the body of the invoice, but indented 20 characters from the
start of the 'Description of Item/Service' input field instead of at the start. Fixed.
v4.202 9th April 2020
- Supplier Invoices, when entering an invoice that will update stock, the Ctrl-F, Ctrl-R, and
function keys F4, F5, and F8 now work just as they do when entering a sales invoice.
- Supplier Invoices, when running the accounts system in 'Basic Level', it would take three clicks
from the mouse button to position the cursor into the quantity column. Fixed.
- Supplier Invoices, the supplier account default purchase analysis and sales tax/VAT codes
where no longer appearing in the invoice. Fixed.
- AutoManager, workshop Job details, when a part is purchased from this option for a specific
job, the Sales Tax/VAT code was not always accepted as valid. Fixed.
- When view stock movements in stock item details, if you tried to view the 'Original Transaction'
and the movement was generated via the 'Receive Stock from Supplier' option, it would not
display the original transaction. Fixed.
- In the Stock Item Details option, there are two Adjust Stock buttons. One in with the main
buttons group, and one at the list of the stock movements list. This button next to the
stock movements list would always be enabled regardless of the users access setting. Fixed.
- When viewing stock item details with the accounts system in 'Basic Level', the description
input field always maintained a pink background. Fixed.
v4.201 11th March 2020
- Customer Invoices, Credit Notes, and Debits Notes, when being edited change the stock movement of a stock
item if the quantity or cost has been edited. Previously, everything was put back into stock, and then
taken out of stock again after the edit, regardless of what changed.
- Supplier Invoices, Credit Notes, and Debit Notes can now update stock. Note, when they are edited, they
update the stock movement records only as necessary, as per sales transactions discussed above.
- Advice Notes that are not created from within Adminsoft Accounts, but are imported from third party
software can now be deleted if necessary.
- When viewing Advice Notes, Proforma Invoices, and Estimates, if they have been invoiced, there is now a
button that will display the invoice details.
- Payroll now set up ready for tax year 2020-21. United Kingdom only, international payroll not changed.
- In the customer menu, under 'Lists' the option 'Advice Notes' has now been renamed 'Customers with Live
Advice Notes'. This lists all customers with un-invoiced Advice Notes, as before. A new option 'Advice
Notes' (hence renaming the older option), lists the Advice Notes themselves. Both invoiced and
un-invoiced (this is optional).
- In the 'Receive Stock from Supplier' and 'Send Stock Back to Supplier' options, if the Enter key was pressed
at the end of line 12 in the 'Cost Each' column, control would go to the 'OK' button. This behaviour has
now been changed, so the input form scrolls and control goes to the 'Quantity' column. As it does
with most other similar input forms in the accounts system. This allows the user to keep using the
Enter key when inputting data, without it suddenly ending the input session.
- Some users of the software have occasionally reported blank entries in the user log, which have
then prevented them from backing up the data. So the backup option will now automatically
detect and remove any blank entries in the log.
- Purchases by Purchase Type Code Analysis report, when reporting a line from an Invoice or Credit Note
Receipt (ie. as opposed to a full Invoice or Credit Note), it would print the Purchase Analysis code
description. It now prints notes, or a P/O reference, or the Invoice or Credit Note description instead,
which is more useful.
- Invoices, Credit Notes and Debit Notes now have an option to display the goods/services and tax
amounts processed in a Sales Tax/VAT period end. This may be useful if you are working on a
cash accounting basis for the purposes of Sales Tax/VAT. The button for this option is in the
'Details' tab, next to the Sales Tax/VAT period end date. (not available when running the accounts
system in 'basic' mode)
- List Deleted Transactions option now has the facility to undelete A/c Payable (Purchase Ledger) transactions.
Also, A/c Receivable (Sales Ledger) could only undelete invoices, credit notes and debit notes, now it can
undelete any transaction (except Contra's).
- Labels, it is now possible to set a value (in lines) for an offset from the top of a page to the first line
to be printed. In the days when labels were produced on dot matrix printers this was no an issue, but as
most labels are now printed on inkjet or laser printers, controlling the position of the first line is
- In the General Stock report, the data fields 'Cost Price' and 'Cost Price Each' were both producing the same
figures. Which is an average cost price based on total quantity in stock divided by the cost of that stock.
These have now been changed to 'Cost Price (LIST)' which produces the cost price as it appears in the stock
item details record (ie. the 'LIST' cost price), and 'Average Cost Price' which produces the average cost as
- When editing Proforma Invoices or Estimates, the quantity in stock displayed when cursoring over an
item would not be correct. Fixed.
- List Deleted Transactions, if the 'Clear Transactions' button was used to clear out all the deleted
transactions, they would all be cleared, but only the list on display would clear. If the user clicked
any of the other lists, the transactions would still be displayed, even though they no longer existed. Fixed.
- Making or receiving payments in a none ledger currency into supplier or customer accounts would
sometimes mix the ledger and none ledger currencies. Particularly if the currency to be used was
- Stock Control/Inventory, the Delivery Note details when displayed did not display the suppliers
account code and name. Fixed.
- Sales Invoice, when a cost was added manually, some of the details did not line up properly with
other automatically generated costs (although the data was processed correctly). Fixed.
- Database - Fixing option for Stock Control/Inventory, if costing was set to AVCO (Average Cost), it would
not correctly re-calculate the total cost of the holding each stock item. Fixed.
- If using a Sales Tax/VAT cash accounting scheme for purchases, where an invoice falls within the tax
period and payment is made after the tax period and is paid via a remittance advice, the invoice could
be included in the Sales Tax/VAT period end. Even though it shouldn't appear until the following period
end due to the date of the payment. Fixed.
- If using a Sales Tax/VAT cash accounting scheme for sales or purchases, where an invoice is part paid within
a sales tax/VAT period, and then paid again after the sales tax/VAT period end, the proportion paid during
the period may not appear in that period, appearing in the subsequent period instead. Fixed.
v4.200 14th January 2020
- Stock Control / Inventory, stock item details (wide window only), the stock movements now
include separate columns for price and cost, and also include a running total for the
quantity in stock.
- General Stock Report cleaned up a little, plus the included stock movements now has separate
columns for item price and cost.
- It's now possible to add default file attachments to any documents that are emailed. Very
useful for automatically including things like your 'Terms and Conditions' or 'Guarantee'
or 'Returns Policy', etc. The option is in: Setup -> Miscellaneous -> Setup Email Document
- There is now an option to open the files (.DBF tables) directly using what ever application
your Windows is set to open up .DBF files by default. The option is in the 'system' menu,
I'm afraid it is not available when the software is used as shareware.
- Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports now have an option to filter out any transactions that
are in dispute. Note, this option is not available in the on-screen debtors and creditors lists.
- United Kingdom only: when using a spreadsheet to produce the figures for MTD VAT returns, if
the accounts system could not read numeric data from the cells in a spreadsheet, it could produce
a VAT return with no figures in it. Now it displays a message warning the user if anything went
wrong reading the VAT data from the spreadsheet.
- It is now possible to change the base currency of a company/organization. From the top menu bar
select Setup -> Miscellaneous -> Currencies. Select the currency you wish to use and click the
'Set to Base Currency' button. Few users will require this option, but it's very useful for those
that do require it.
- United Kingdom only, when setting up a VAT code for reverse charging, it would still allow a normal
VAT rate to also be applied to the same VAT code. This confused the output of the VAT100 report.
The ability for this to happen has been removed, so a VAT code can contain either a normal VAT
rate or a reverse charging rate, but not both.
- General Ledger (Nominal Ledger), the 'List Journals' option has a 'Print List (Wide)' button,
which is supposed to print the list as if the window had been dragged wide to expose the
'Description', 'Journal', 'Dept', and 'Currency' columns. The last three columns didn't get
- Cost of stock items, the 'LAST' costing method didn't work properly, often producing a cost
of zero. Most users use FIFO, but if there is no cost available under FIFO it should attempt
to retrieve a cost using LAST, But this usually failed, and so it would revert to using LIST.
Which was a problem if no LIST cost price had been set up. Fixed.
- The Cash/Bank/Credit Card account statement displays an opening balance. But when the 'Run
Report' option was selected at the bottom of the list, an opening balance wasn't printed. Fixed.
- Purchase Orders, when editing notes at the end of a Purchase Order that was already 'On order',
or adding them to the end of a Purchase Order, the edits would not be saved. Fixed.
Archived software version log for changes made prior to 2020